Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Darren-M
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
But there isn't a Silent in the Tardis the one in the first episode was a projected image from Amy's phone.
There have been a couple of hints to the Silence/a malevolent being inside the Tardis. Wasn't the Tardis explosion in the Big bang because of that?

I miss being all intouch with Doctor Who, I can't find any motivation to untangle the hints with Moffat and Smith at the wheel.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So. Stupid question, but what is the silence? I mean at first we're led to believe it's a species, but then in let's kill hitler we're told point blank that they're not a species but a religious order of some sort. So what exactly are they and why do they look like they're all part of the same species?

Or is it something simple like they're some sort of foot soldiers that are called the silence, but all they are are just footsoldiers for the religious order.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by limetang)
So. Stupid question, but what is the silence? I mean at first we're led to believe it's a species, but then in let's kill hitler we're told point blank that they're not a species but a religious order of some sort. So what exactly are they and why do they look like they're all part of the same species?

Or is it something simple like they're some sort of foot soldiers that are called the silence, but all they are are just footsoldiers for the religious order.
We really don't know at this point. It's also something that is irritating me slightly and I hope there's a good explanation of why there appears to be hundreds of creatures with inherent abilities that have existed for hundreds of years yet are not a species. Though it was never explicitly referenced that the creatures were not a species but only the 'Silence'. Either that or why Moffat didn't even bother giving them a proper name, apart from the header of 'The Silence'. Also, we've never heard anyone else, apart from the creatures, being referred to as 'The Silence' unless there is an implication that Kovarian and all those religious Clerics and Headless Monks were.

There's also the matter of the 'Academy of the Question'. Another organisation.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Darren-M)
There have been a couple of hints to the Silence/a malevolent being inside the Tardis. Wasn't the Tardis explosion in the Big bang because of that?

I miss being all intouch with Doctor Who, I can't find any motivation to untangle the hints with Moffat and Smith at the wheel.
It was, however as far as I'm aware it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by limetang)

I'm intrigued as to what the silents do to new members to make them look the same.

But at the same I don't want to because I can only imagine how horrifying it is.

*shudders*
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not lying here - I've actually forgtten what the Silence look like. Everytime I try to imagine them I see Ood :eek:
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
I'm not lying here - I've actually forgtten what the Silence look like. Everytime I try to imagine them I see Ood :eek:
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
:rofl:
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
We really don't know at this point. It's also something that is irritating me slightly and I hope there's a good explanation of why there appears to be hundreds of creatures with inherent abilities that have existed for hundreds of years yet are not a species. Though it was never explicitly referenced that the creatures were not a species but only the 'Silence'. Either that or why Moffat didn't even bother giving them a proper name, apart from the header of 'The Silence'. Also, we've never heard anyone else, apart from the creatures, being referred to as 'The Silence' unless there is an implication that Kovarian and all those religious Clerics and Headless Monks were.

There's also the matter of the 'Academy of the Question'. Another organisation.
Maybe the Silence we saw in TIA/DotM are The Silence, a religious organisation and Madam Kovarain and the Clerics make up the 'Academy of the Question'.

I just hope it's resolved properly.
HereBeDragons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmmm, if the silence are a religious order, not a species, and they are connected to the astronaut/Kovarian in some way, then could Melody be a member of the Silence? Maybe that's why Amy doesn't think about her as often as we might expect :holmes:
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HereBeDragons)
Hmmm, if the silence are a religious order, not a species, and they are connected to the astronaut/Kovarian in some way, then could Melody be a member of the Silence? Maybe that's why Amy doesn't think about her as often as we might expect :holmes:
Also because Riversong remembered regenerating as a little girl (remember in that episode with the Silence where she regenerated in front of a homeless man) so at that point she had been with the Silence so this suggests either The Silence work with Madam Kovarian or they took her from Madam Kovarian?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
Also because Riversong remembered regenerating as a little girl (remember in that episode with the Silence where she regenerated in front of a homeless man) so at that point she had been with the Silence so this suggests either The Silence work with Madam Kovarian or they took her from Madam Kovarian?
Perhaps in a bizarre way they were saving her from Kovarian? :holmes: However I'm not sure how that would work.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
The God Complex Teasers
Spoiler:
Show
Here are Doctor Who TV’s first 15 preview teasers for The God Complex.

The episode doesn’t go for scares in the vein of Night Terrors. It’s more psychological. And strange
“My name is Lucy Hayward and I’m the last one left”
What is up with that gorilla?
PRAISE HIM!
David Walliams doesn’t have a lot to do and plays Gibbis for laughs really
The Doctor takes a shine to someone. Has he already lined-up his next companion?
Several classic and newer Doctor Who monsters make a cameo, but not in a way you’re expecting
The Rubik’s Cube is back again
The Doctor has forgotten his PE kit
Weeping Angels fans will probably be disappointed with their appearance as it’s very brief
“Pond, bring the fish!”
The Doctor was once a cheese maker
The ******** *e** will **** again
If you’ve been avoiding spoilers, the ending will certainly come as a bit of a surprise!
You might just find yourself tearing up for the second week in a row

We’ll have some more later in the week. http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-god-complex-teasers-25876.htm
humy369
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
The God Complex Teasers
Spoiler:
Show

The episode doesn’t go for scares in the vein of Night Terrors. It’s more psychological. And strange
“My name is Lucy Hayward and I’m the last one left”
What is up with that gorilla?
PRAISE HIM!
David Walliams doesn’t have a lot to do and plays Gibbis for laughs really
The Doctor takes a shine to someone. Has he already lined-up his next companion? I hope his next companion has a relationship similar to the Doctor-Donna relationship. I'm kinda tired of people falling in love and/or flirting with the Doctor.
Several classic and newer Doctor Who monsters make a cameo, but not in a way you’re expecting
The Rubik’s Cube is back again
The Doctor has forgotten his PE kit
Weeping Angels fans will probably be disappointed with their appearance as it’s very brief
“Pond, bring the fish!”
The Doctor was once a cheese maker
The ******** *e** will **** again
If you’ve been avoiding spoilers, the ending will certainly come as a bit of a surprise!
You might just find yourself tearing up for the second week in a row

We’ll have some more later in the week. http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-god-complex-teasers-25876.htm
Bit in bold
And I look forward to being scared and freaked out
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by humy369)
Bit in bold
And I look forward to being scared and freaked out
I want his next companion to be male and/or an alien. Why is it always human's from Earth? You could have someone from Teagan's world again perhaps? There's more humanoid's out there, take one of them away.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
The Radio Times has confirmed the cast list for episode 12, Closing Time. There are a couple of surprises which may be considered a spoiler.
Spoiler:
Show
River Song and Madame Kovarian are set to return. With this episode leading into the Series 6 finale, it seemed unlikely that there wouldn’t be some sort of connection. But we assume they’ll turn up towards the end.

Full cast:

The Doctor – Matt Smith
Amy Pond – Karen Gillan
Rory Williams – Arthur Darvill
Craig Owens – James Corden
River Song – Alex Kingston
Madame Kovarian – Frances Barber
Sophie – Daisy Haggard
Shona – Seroca Davis
Kelly Holli – Dempsey
George – Chris Obi
Val – Lynda Baron

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/whos-in-closing-time-25881.htm
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Radio Times has confirmed the cast list for episode 12, Closing Time. There are a couple of surprises which may be considered a spoiler.
Spoiler:
Show
River Song and Madame Kovarian are set to return. With this episode leading into the Series 6 finale, it seemed unlikely that there wouldn’t be some sort of connection. But we assume they’ll turn up towards the end.

Full cast:

The Doctor – Matt Smith
Amy Pond – Karen Gillan
Rory Williams – Arthur Darvill
Craig Owens – James Corden
River Song – Alex Kingston
Madame Kovarian – Frances Barber
Sophie – Daisy Haggard
Shona – Seroca Davis
Kelly Holli – Dempsey
George – Chris Obi
Val – Lynda Baron

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/whos-in-closing-time-25881.htm
Thanks!

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER INCLUDED:
Spoiler:
Show
Auntie Mabel :love:
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Perhaps in a bizarre way they were saving her from Kovarian? :holmes: However I'm not sure how that would work.
I'd imagine the Silence predate back to before Kovarian simply because that's what they were sort of saying, they've always been there. But what about now that Riversong didn't kill the doctor so then she won't be imprisoned so I guess her timeline will have changed from that point on.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Formerly LieDown)
Can't, I live abroad.
Student? Use your university's VPN.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The God Complex Teasers
Spoiler:
Show

The episode doesn’t go for scares in the vein of Night Terrors. It’s more psychological. And strange Mind games!
“My name is Lucy Hayward and I’m the last one left” Last of the survivors, or maybe thats what she thinks?
What is up with that gorilla? Maybe a nightmare?
PRAISE HIM! Rather the monster/creture or person who has the god complex
David Walliams doesn’t have a lot to do and plays Gibbis for laughs really Well after Catherine Tate`s epic performance as Donna, making another comic actor better is almost impossible
The Doctor takes a shine to someone. Has he already lined-up his next companion? That is on the preview clip on the BBC website. I loved that clip
Spoiler:
Show
"Amy, your fired." "What?"

Several classic and newer Doctor Who monsters make a cameo, but not in a way you’re expecting Nightmares OR maybe in River`s diary
The Rubik’s Cube is back again The Doctors nightmare, a boring challege
The Doctor has forgotten his PE kit Possibly a reference to The Lodger? Considering the sequel is next week
Weeping Angels fans will probably be disappointed with their appearance as it’s very brief Few minutes as Amy`s nightmare
“Pond, bring the fish!” oh, a pond joke
The Doctor was once a cheese maker Something in hotel kitchen maybe?
The ******** *e** will **** again Timelord hero!
If you’ve been avoiding spoilers, the ending will certainly come as a bit of a surprise! Goodbye Ponds?
You might just find yourself tearing up for the second week in a row Emotional ending

The bits in bold. The episode has a lot of hype so I hope it is good.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads