Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Look on all betting sites. Arsenal are 5/1 to sign Cesc now.
    Yes because the bookies are always right! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Why?!

Only for more money and even I'd that is the case, any profit they make on the fee agreed between us and Barca we get half.

In terms of European competition it would make sense for them to sell him to us, we are a long way off of doing anything in the CL, you lot reached the semis. We have further to go on that front and probably need 6-7 players, whereas for you, one or two players would be the difference between losing in the semis and winning the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree on that front. But money wise they'll get about say 3-4M.

In european competition wise, there is not much difference in strength between Chelsea and Arsenal, just that one team is better set up for that competition tactically.

You probably need 2 players tbh. Just get a winger and a DM, maybe an RB if Jenkinson ain't up to it.

ReputationRep:
    He's gone to Chavski lads, its over.
    Reputable source?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Seriously...betting odds, that's all you've got?
    Yes because the bookies are always right! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We were odds on favorite to sign him yesterday, now we have 5/1 odds. This doesn't happen unless they probably got information of some sort.

nah, I'm exaggerating, but honestly, every optimist should put a tenner on those odds. it would pay for the shirt if he actually came to Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    We were odds on favorite to sign him yesterday, now we have 5/1 odds. This doesn't happen unless they probably got information of some sort.

nah, I'm exaggerating, but honestly, every optimist should put a tenner on those odds. it would pay for the shirt if he actually came to Arsenal
    You realise that a computer programme could determine odds if you fed it information on betting patterns?

If I put £100k on Arsenal to sign Cesc this minute, the bookies' odds on that would drop like a stone without any new information other than some mug punter fancies it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    You realise that a computer programme could determine odds if you fed it information on betting patterns?

If I put £100k on Arsenal to sign Cesc this minute, the bookies' odds on that would drop like a stone without any new information other than some mug punter fancies it.
    if it was only one bookmaker that had changed us from 4/5 to 5/1 I would agree that its been manipulated, but literally all bookmakers have chelsea as odds on favorite now

ReputationRep:
    Bookie are there to make money and balance risk on the bets they take not to predict events. The bookie odds are a reflection of punters not some inside line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Bookie are there to make money and balance risk on the bets they take not to predict events. The bookie odds are a reflection of punters not some inside line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its both. odds change with information all the time

if madrid are 1.3 before a game and then get isnide knowledge that ronaldo isnt starting that would probably jump to 1.6, and so on. happens all the time

ReputationRep:
    **** this man. I will not watch any Chelsea games, even if they're against Arsenal if Fabregas goes to the bridge. How the **** do I even watch him in a blue shirt?
    It's been ****ing impossible watching him in a barca kit.

It'll ruin my summer

ReputationRep:
    its both. odds change with information all the time

if madrid are 1.3 before a game and then get isnide knowledge that ronaldo isnt starting that would probably jump to 1.6, and so on. happens all the time
    The other side of that equation is the number of people who will pop bets on the other side that needs to be balanced. You've got a load of people who will put bets on the opposite result or who will expect different odds if they are to place bets. If everyone via a crowd mentality starts betting the bookie needs to hedge that risk, so the odds will change. There is no new information just a belief in new information. It's more about the perception of what Ronaldo being out means in terms of betting patterns than the impact on the result. The inside line can be wrong but the balance of risk is what ensure you make money. Reality obviously features, but I say that is more on opening odds than fluctuation of odds, and statistical extremes of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    **** this man. I will not watch any Chelsea games, even if they're against Arsenal if Fabregas goes to the bridge. How the **** do I even watch him in a blue shirt?
    Well when we play at the emirates we can use our away kit which is yellow. That way you can at least watch him against us...

Anyway, no.4 is free since David Luiz left, I know he likes the no.4.

ReputationRep:
    who cares if he goes to chelsea i personally will just be happy to have him back at home in london and playing in the premier league. we've got ozil and even if he's played like a £20 million player this season i'm sure he'll prove his doubters wrong and play like a £30 million player next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Well when we play at the emirates we can use our away kit which is yellow. That way you can at least watch him against us...

Go away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    It's been ****ing impossible watching him in a barca kit.

It'll ruin my summer
    Why the **** you watching Chelsea games in the first place?! You would have to pay me to watch them ****ers!!

Blue is a horrible colour, it's depressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    peggles is extremely irrational and i'd advice everyone to ignore her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    peggles is extremely irrational and i'd advice everyone to ignore her.
    Coming from you?! I can only assume the world is ending, got some front butty, especially considering you are on the ignore list of the majority of posters in here! :lol:

Lord knows how long you've been on mine with your foolishness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, baconbutty is really committed to trolling the AFC thread. Made it into an 12 month+ project :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    The lols if Cesc joins Chelsea will be incredible

ReputationRep:
    Blue is a horrible colour, it's depressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point that's a ****ing ugly kit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)

Get outa here man.

Number 4 :/

Honestly though, I'll be so pissed off if he goes Chelsea.

I really do love him

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.