ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Bet you sucked his **** for free
    So desperate to get revenge

Good one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Both posts killed me, enjoy your rep :laugh:

Gomez has been a very surprising performer.
    I don't thikn many people thought he'd be able to slot in so quickly and perform so well.
    He's a youngster so he of course has his failings but that's okay for now.
    His lack of awareness is only in the fullback position since it isn't natural to him; he's used to playing CB so perhaps he isn't conditioned to always being conscious of wide players trying to get in behind him on his flank.

In any case considering his age and price, the kid has been a bargain and is definitely an improvement on Moreno.
    Whether he can keep it up all season is a different matter. I'd only play him in the PL this season if i were Rodgers.

I'm not sure if he'd be a CB for us.
    Honestly i think Rodgers is trying to mould him in to a fullback.
    He has the pace and for a fullback he'd have good physicality - if he develops his attacking side a tad more, he could be great for the future.

My biggest worry however is that he's extremely right footed.
    It isn't really a problem when he's defending but it's painful when he goes forward.
    He'll always cut inside and either pass the ball centrally or swing in a hopeful but generally unimpressive cross.
    He's tried a few times to cross on his left foot but it isn't pretty.
    The problem is that defenders learn quickly that he's gonna cut inside 90% of the time and if he doesn't he has a useless left foot for a tame cross

he could probably be a great RB so if there's ever a game where Clyne isn't playing, i'd swap him over and stick Moreno in LB.
    PRSOM, very informative. So you would never go back to the 3-5-2 if Clyne were ever out (with Gomez at CB)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    So desperate to get revenge

Good one though.
    True he's still seething to this day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    PRSOM, very informative. So you would never go back to the 3-5-2 if Clyne were ever out (with Gomez at CB)?
    I feel like Gomez in a back 3 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because he'd have a little help from the other more dominant CBs - worth a shout but Rodgers has to know when to use it.

the back 3 worked for a while last season becayse it was new and different; it needs to stay as something that we can pull out for a change but not something that people expect from us too often.

(Original post by AR_95)
    True he's still seething to this day
    I get rekd like every day, Hayles embarrassed me earlier
    he needs to get used to it

ReputationRep:
    imagine caring about rep ffs

ReputationRep:
    Watched back Wilshere's chants from the parade, can't get over how confused Alexis looks bless him.

Can't wait till Gabriel leads the chants this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I feel like Gomez in a back 3 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because he'd have a little help from the other more dominant CBs - worth a shout but Rodgers has to know when to use it.

the back 3 worked for a while last season becayse it was new and different; it needs to stay as something that we can pull out for a change but not something that people expect from us too often.

I get rekd like every day, Hayles embarrassed me earlier
    he needs to get used to it
    Size doesn't matter, don't let it bring you down.

ReputationRep:
    wonder if Gabriel will keep his place, our best defender in two clean sheets now. I really like him, reckon it should be Kosc+Gabriel 1st choice with big Per rotation and Calum Chambers at home netflixing Caitlyn Jenner's new show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Watched back Wilshere's chants from the parade, can't get over how confused Alexis looks bless him.

Can't wait till Gabriel leads the chants this season.
    "What do we think of Tottenham?"

"...I love Brazil"

ReputationRep:
    I see AR doubled his vocabulary today

ReputationRep:
    "What do we think of Tottenham?"

"...I love Brazil"
    did you see that video of him playing cricket? hilarious stuff

ReputationRep:
    Gabriel always looks like you tried to have sex with his mum infront of him

ReputationRep:
    If Gabriel wasn't a football player he'd have been a notorious gangster in the favelas of Sao Paulo. No doubt about it

ReputationRep:
    did you see that video of him playing cricket? hilarious stuff
    Yeah, Ox's commentary was hilarious as usual. "Straight out of the favelas"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Ox's commentary was hilarious as usual. "Straight out of the favelas"
    Yeah, reading too many of @wrighty_8's tweets

ReputationRep:
    Wrighty was probably my favourite twitter account before he rebranded. Used to get in beef all the time, so much banter about him. Pissed myself laughing on a weekly basis.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Ian Wright is probably one of the most down-to-earth and loveable ex-Arsenal players around, not to mention an unbelievably good player. I'm not complaining if Ox takes it upon himself to try to emulate the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Size doesn't matter, don't let it bring you down.
    Mate pls lets keep it clean

I'm actually contributing to decent footballing discussion for once, leave it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Wrighty was probably my favourite twitter account before he rebranded. Used to get in beef all the time, so much banter about him. Pissed myself laughing on a weekly basis.
    He still is, shame he did rebrand though. His old bio cracked me up all the time, and just his pictures did as well.

His beef with Geoff is very comical. Some of the parody accounts of Wrighty's are hilarious, this one is the best @Wrighty___8

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Ian Wright is probably one of the most down-to-earth and loveable ex-Arsenal players around, not to mention an unbelievably good player. I'm not complaining if Ox takes it upon himself to try to emulate the guy.
    I'm not referring to him, I'm on about this bloke on twitter...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.