• Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I suspected as much. Who told you that?
    It's just general knowledge at my uni. Anyone without a job is now being hunted down by their course tutor with jobs being thrown at us left, right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    It's just general knowledge at my uni. Anyone without a job is now being hunted down by their course tutor with jobs being thrown at us left, right and centre.
    Yeah, that is a very appropriate verb.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true, I'm starting an RE PGCE in Sept and had my interview with SD people. They told us at interview that 100% of the last SD cohort found jobs by Easter but only 92% of the RE PGCE...they were very quick to point out that this was because one guy had decided to become a vicar and therefore messed up their stats!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She was probably just tired, and you are nervous. I know this is a little late since you're likely already there, but don't worry about that yet. You can look at options and figure out how to make it work if you get it (walking or biking to station, bus, learning to drive, car share?).

(Original post by Juichiro)
    Remember,although it's true that good employment figures reflect well on PGCEs (naturally a worry since the government wants any excuse to get rid of places) some tutors actually do care about the students they are training. I have several tutors who were/are lovely and really do want us to be happy. Of course they want us to stay in teaching too because they are passionate about teaching and want good teachers to keep in the job, especially since it's a bit rats leaving a sinking ship at the minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    She was probably just tired, and you are nervous. I know this is a little late since you're likely already there, but don't worry about that yet. You can look at options and figure out how to make it work if you get it (walking or biking to station, bus, learning to drive, car share?).

Remember,although it's true that good employment figures reflect well on PGCEs (naturally a worry since the government wants any excuse to get rid of places) some tutors actually do care about the students they are training. I have several tutors who were/are lovely and really do want us to be happy. Of course they want us to stay in teaching too because they are passionate about teaching and want good teachers to keep in the job, especially since it's a bit rats leaving a sinking ship at the minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Having been there today, it was a whole load of fuss about nothing. Easily walkable (without crutches) and my local trains kick in early enough to get me to the main station early enough to be there an hour before I'm needed in school.

All manageable. Interview went well and in the end it came down to me and another woman currently doing supply there. They'll call us tomorrow to let us know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having been there today, it was a whole load of fuss about nothing. Easily walkable (without crutches) and my local trains kick in early enough to get me to the main station early enough to be there an hour before I'm needed in school.

All manageable. Interview went well and in the end it came down to me and another woman currently doing supply there. They'll call us tomorrow to let us know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, sounds promising! Glad it went well... Fingers crossed!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Oh, sounds promising! Glad it went well... Fingers crossed!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really enjoyed the day so would be incredibly happy to get it. Waiting is definitely the hardest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the day so would be incredibly happy to get it. Waiting is definitely the hardest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely is. When I got my current job, I couldn't handle waiting by the phone. I actually went to bed at 7pm to make myself stop thinking about it and was woken up half an hour later by a phone call from the head.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck! Hope you get it. Waiting is awful... I was waiting from 11.30am-nearly 8pm for the phone call a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get it and it was a very abrupt phonecall too. Felt worse after they'd rung because I'd wasted the entire day!

ReputationRep:
    I've been technically single this entire PGCE as in, it was never 'official',and tonight he ended things completely... Doesn't help with my overly emotional state at the moment - just 7 more teaching days to go and then I can have a rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    I've been technically single this entire PGCE as in, it was never 'official',and tonight he ended things completely... Doesn't help with my overly emotional state at the moment - just 7 more teaching days to go and then I can have a rest.
    I'm sorry to hear this and I'm sure this won't help at the moment, but if you have been with him all this time and he didn't want to make it official then you are better off without him. You deserve to be with someone who wants to shout it from the rooftops

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I got my job

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Hurrah! Well done

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Yay!! Congrats

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    That's great!

ReputationRep:
    Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Congratulations!!!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Fantastic! Well done

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Grats!

ReputationRep:
    I got my job
    Brilliant. Absolutely chuffed for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.