Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    So... our second round draft pick completely obliterated Dustin Keller's knee. Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and a dislocated knee cap.
    What a beast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    What a beast
    He was trying too hard. Last week, he went in to wrap up the Vikings Fullback Lane and got trucked badly. Swearinger is a pretty lean guy, and going low is how I was taught, as a corner, to take down players that are those 4, 5, 6 inches taller than me.

That being said, it was poor form. Go for the waist, wrap your arms around him, take him down. Let's be real, hits like Swearinger's make the highlight reels of the NFL every week in the regular season if they don't end in injury. Guys will ignore proper tackling form in order to "light up" a guy, or get that precious hard hitter cred.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm I dunno about Jackson. Songs right about Falcons having a terrible run game. Hasn't one of their starting lineman gone down as well?

I think Jackson could get a few receiving yards but the Falcons already have Gonzalez, White and Jones as Red zone weapons.
    When you line up on the 6-10 with gonzo white and jones in a 3 WR 1 TE and 1 RB setup, the running back is going to get so much more space than they deserve. Hence why I see Jackson getting TDs.

(Original post by alexsong)
    Falcons couldn't run a lick last year, I don't like Jackson this year personally I think he is getting over drafted because everyone's scared of the running back depth or lack thereof, touchdowns are wildly unpredictable
    Not disputing the unpredictability of TDs, but that applies more to WRS than RBs. They mainly sucked on the ground last year because Turner played dire. Jackson could bust, but I'd say the percentages are less than for someone like Forte or Richardson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    When you line up on the 6-10 with gonzo white and jones in a 3 WR 1 TE and 1 RB setup, the running back is going to get so much more space than they deserve. Hence why I see Jackson getting TDs.

Not disputing the unpredictability of TDs, but that applies more to WRS than RBs. They mainly sucked on the ground last year because Turner played dire. Jackson could bust, but I'd say the percentages are less than for someone like Forte or Richardson.
    Dunno personally I think it was more the Falcons than they got credit for in terms of doling out the blame between them and Turner, I always play PPR so Forte and Richardson are studs but Jackson looks heavily involved in the offence from pre season so he should catch a few too

Did the TSR fantasy league fill up already ? We should start a keeper league I think I much prefer them to doing total redrafts every year

ReputationRep:
    Meh, if you form tackle with your facecage in someone's numbers all they have to do is dip their body and you're out $10k, so just hit them in the side of the knees and get to sleep at night by imagining them with Goodell's face. If they're a player who you are uncomfortable playing against so much the better.

ReputationRep:
    Have sky sports like not picked their weekend games past week 1 yet? I've just perused the scheduling and we get the Thursday night game every week and 2 Sunday games in week 1, no Sunday games thereafter. I can't survive on 1 game per week!

Also take note that the NFL has been promoted. It'll be on Sky Ashes (2) rather than Sky Sports 3 like last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Dunno personally I think it was more the Falcons than they got credit for in terms of doling out the blame between them and Turner, I always play PPR so Forte and Richardson are studs but Jackson looks heavily involved in the offence from pre season so he should catch a few too

Did the TSR fantasy league fill up already ? We should start a keeper league I think I much prefer them to doing total redrafts every year
    Oh undoubtedly they have more value in a PPR.

I'd play a keeper league. I did a baseball one for a few years but it got a bit lost due to changing owners and **** so we let it go.

ReputationRep:
    Just realized I'm working on Sunday 3-9 so I wont be on for the fantasy draft :/ Any chance it can be pushed to the evening? If not ill get someone to draft for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think its time we end the Tim Tebow experiment. Its a joke that this guy has a roster spot. Hes not a TE nor is he a FB. A quarterback? Hell no!

ReputationRep:
    Also looks like Von Miller is going to be suspended for 6 games not 4. Good news, makes their defense even worse. Should be really easy to run on them.

ReputationRep:
    Is BTSports going to be showing anything related to NFL this year?

ReputationRep:
    Also looks like Von Miller is going to be suspended for 6 games not 4. Good news, makes their defense even worse. Should be really easy to run on them.
    You might as well just chalk them up as 3-0 for their home games vs raiders, jags and eagles. As for the away games they could still realistically be 6-0 without Miller.

ReputationRep:
    You might as well just chalk them up as 3-0 for their home games vs raiders, jags and eagles. As for the away games they could still realistically be 6-0 without Miller.
    Yeah haha but I think they could lose against the Giants. Just hoping they **** up a bit,

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha but I think they could lose against the Giants. Just hoping they **** up a bit,
    The giants away will be a tough game, think they'll get one over on the Ravens though. Expectation often seems to get in the way of reigning superbowl champions.

A stat someone mentioned ages back about the team the eagles have played 1st game of the season winning the superbowl for the last 4 seasons has led to me having a quid each way on the chargers. Seems mad but ....

ReputationRep:
    The giants away will be a tough game, think they'll get one over on the Ravens though. Expectation often seems to get in the way of reigning superbowl champions.

A stat someone mentioned ages back about the team the eagles have played 1st game of the season winning the superbowl for the last 4 seasons has led to me having a quid each way on the chargers. Seems mad but ....
    Mhm its an odd one haha :laugh: I put a quid on the Chargers as well. Praying but won't hold my breath

Yeah Ravens look a mess right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll )
    Meh, if you form tackle with your facecage in someone's numbers all they have to do is dip their body and you're out $10k, so just hit them in the side of the knees and get to sleep at night by imagining them with Goodell's face. If they're a player who you are uncomfortable playing against so much the better.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...avoid-nfl-fine

Called it.

ReputationRep:
    Zach Sudfeld is a stud!!! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone read these? :rofl:

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...-fame-edition/

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...-wack-like-me/

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...fantasy-draft/

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:

What's with Philip Rivers announcing people, where'd that come from?

ReputationRep:
    Its official Von Miller suspended for 6 regular season games. That Bronco's secondary is there to be picked on now . As well as run on, Think Bronco's will go 4-2 possibly 3-3. Loss of him really does hurt them.

Also Amendola is day to day didn't take long, Gronk is on schedule to be back around week 3 :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.