RayApparently is replacing That Bearded Man as an MP
    I sense a bit of deja vu
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I sense a bit of deja vu

ReputationRep:
    According to an Ipsos Mori poll tonight Corbyn's approval rating (potential pool of voters) is 31% and Labour are 9% worse than this time last parliament (Ipsos had a Labour lead of 7% vs 2% Tory lead this time).

Do the left of the party still stand by the Comrade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    According to an Ipsos Mori poll tonight Corbyn's approval rating (potential pool of voters) is 31% and Labour are 9% worse than this time last parliament (Ipsos had a Labour lead of 7% vs 2% Tory lead this time).

They do, they love jez cuckbyn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

That is a very interesting question actually. A poll has recently been set up in our subforum to find out and I will let you know what the results of that are.

ReputationRep:

From what I also saw of that poll it suggests Corbyn is more popular than Cameron, is seen as more Prime Ministerial than Miliband was, and that the Tories are becoming a laughing stock on the economy. So I don't really see a reason to change my opinion on Corbyn yet, especially as he just managed to get the Government to back the motion to support taking the NHS out of TTIP (if TTIP even still manages to go through)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    RayApparently is replacing That Bearded Man as an MP
    toronto353 RayApparently's new seat is number 29.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    toronto353 RayApparently's new seat is number 29.
    Thanks; I have actioned this swap.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Thanks; I have actioned this swap.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    From what I also saw of that poll it suggests Corbyn is more popular than Cameron, is seen as more Prime Ministerial than Miliband was, and that the Tories are becoming a laughing stock on the economy. So I don't really see a reason to change my opinion on Corbyn yet, especially as he just managed to get the Government to back the motion to support taking the NHS out of TTIP (if TTIP even still manages to go through)
    Corbyn's net ratings are not as bad but his approval level is still equally awful (the difference being that Cameron does not intend to contest another election), in a FPTP system your net ratings mean jack since its your approval ratings which will contain your likely voters.

The economy poll actually still shows an approval rating of 42% for the government, that's still a strong pool of voters.

TTIP will go through since it's the Tories that push for it in the EU, it's the French who are slowing it down.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn's net ratings are not as bad but his approval level is still equally awful (the difference being that Cameron does not intend to contest another election), in a FPTP system your net ratings mean jack since its your approval ratings which will contain your likely voters.

The economy poll actually still shows an approval rating of 42% for the government, that's still a strong pool of voters.

TTIP will go through since it's the Tories that push for it in the EU, it's the French who are slowing it down.
    Re: TTIP

It doesn't sit right with me to give corporations the right to sue governments if their policies affect the corporation's profit making ability.

I don't support TTIP, I just about barely understand it. I have listened to lectures on it, from both sides of the argument, but it was all a bit overwhelming. My initial reaction, and the one that I've kept, is skeptical of it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Re: TTIP

It doesn't sit right with me to give corporations the right to sue governments if their policies affect the corporation's profit making ability.

I don't support TTIP, I just about barely understand it. I have listened to lectures on it, from both sides of the argument, but it was all a bit overwhelming. My initial reaction, and the one that I've kept, is skeptical of it though.
    It would depend on how policies which prevent profit making are defined. It could be defined as protectionist measures for example in which case we have already to similar measures in the EU.

I tend to support TTIP given how large its scope is (it's not just a trade agreement but a step towards expanding the single market). Nothing i've heard so far suggests that US firms will be doing things that the EU firms are not aloud to do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

TTIP failed ages ago, to be added to the pile of both EU and US trade deals that will be going on for decades with no talks actually happening and only still being on record for the sake of saying they're happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jammy Duel, Lime-man, you might consider removing your references to the GE from your signatures.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Jammy Duel, Lime-man, you might consider removing your references to the GE from your signatures.
    Effort

ReputationRep:
    cba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Effort
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    cba
    seems typical of the ConLib coalition so far

ReputationRep:
    seems typical of the ConLib coalition so far
    +1 for banter
    -1 for inaccurate statements

ReputationRep:
    Unless they've had drastic ideological changes that I was unaware of, neither of these individuals are Labourites. Use the bar next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Unless they've had drastic ideological changes that I was unaware of, neither of these individuals are Labourites. Use the bar next time
    ****, thought this was the bar, it's full of drunkards...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.