Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoicavalli)
    Anyone applying to St Hilda's?
    Me! I'm an international student from America applying for exp psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raluca1)
    Me too. I hope they didn't choose to go by snail mail. Too bad they don't have a tracking system for the subjects they sent
    Hope we get them soon. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shotte)
    If you're English Lit. - and I believe a good deal of us still shuffling our feet and trying not to panic are - people have said it's most likely to be Thursday, but Friday's also a possible, based on last year.

Apparently also Oxford actually have to have replied by this Friday - it would be cutting it pretty fine to the interviews to go any further, to be sure - so probably not too much left for us lot.

In their defence, for English and courses like them, the admissions exams, the submitted written work... this stuff does take a long while to read over and effectively compare.
    I understand. I'm a History and Politics applicant. I wonder when I'll hear back...

ReputationRep:
    New College anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razaa)
    Exact same feeling! Heart skipped a beat when I saw an email, turned out to be UCAS spam.
    To be fair, even that doesn't trump this gem I got on the 20th.

'Oxford Interview Notification' arrived in my inbox.

I feel a chill of instinctual anticipation run through my spine, swirl for a moment in the nape in my neck, then recede. I was the gazelle staring into the smirking jaws of King Lion, but would I make the chance to bolt pointlessly away, or return his death-gaze with zeal?

When I was done making clumsy, melodramatic metaphors, I opened it up and...

'Dear student

We are aware that Oxford has commenced calling candidates to interview for mid-December. If you have received notification from the institution we would appreciate if you would respond to this email and advise your Pastoral Mentor to ensure that appropriate support is put in place.'

...Aaaaand it was nothing more than the college clerks - with thoroughly disheartening news in all honesty - the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for Trinity?

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry buddy, I'm Mansfield myself. :P

But I wouldn't say no if they threw me some scraps from the table, it must be said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raluca1)
    Me too. I hope they didn't choose to go by snail mail. Too bad they don't have a tracking system for the subjects they sent
    A lot of colleges do. For example I'm applying to Oriel and I was provided with a link to see what courses they have sent out interview invitations to. Check the conformation emails you got from your college.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry buddy, I'm Mansfield myself. :P

But I wouldn't say no if they threw me some scraps from the table, it must be said!
    Food at Trinity is "reckoned to be among the best in Oxford". I testify to that!

ReputationRep:

I feel a chill of instinctual anticipation run through my spine, swirl for a moment in the nape in my neck, then recede. I was the gazelle staring into the smirking jaws of King Lion, but would I make the chance to bolt pointlessly away, or return his death-gaze with zeal?

'Dear student

We are aware that Oxford has commenced calling candidates to interview for mid-December. If you have received notification from the institution we would appreciate if you would respond to this email and advise your Pastoral Mentor to ensure that appropriate support is put in place.'

...Aaaaand it was nothing more than the college clerks - with thoroughly disheartening news in all honesty - the whole time.
    My god! Now they really are ****ing with us!

ReputationRep:

'Dear student

Hilarious! Just by the way, you are not at all clumsy with your metaphors. Oxford might just even want such an expressive person to join their band.
    Good luck with your offers! May the gazelle return the king lion's gaze with zeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Food at Trinity is "reckoned to be among the best in Oxford". I testify to that!
    I think we had a slap-up meal there on the UNIQ scheme - if so, I'll be elbowing people in the face - and I have very pointy elbows - to be the first in line to agree with you if well need be!

But don't believe everything you might read. After all, Lincoln also boasts as having some of the top nosh of Oxford, and without meaning to sound ungrateful or conceited - it was really rather poor.

I mean, that's where I was for UNIQ. Superb breakfasts to be fair, but dinners included such greats as 'sweet-and-sour mystery meat' and 'raspberry tart [from the Co-op] with a strange black blob in it'. Plus, some - not all by any means - of the serving staff gave us a similar welcome as I'd have expected from a blind, starving terrapin.

ReputationRep:
    Any interview offers come out of Lady Margaret Hall yet?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from Jesus???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razaa)
    Hilarious! Just by the way, you are not at all clumsy with your metaphors. Oxford might just even want such an expressive person to join their band.
    Good luck with your offers! May the gazelle return the king lion's gaze with zeal.
    And thanks man, I really appreciate the well-wish and compliment. I'll sure as hell back the gazelle too, though King Lion would break down and run for it before I get an offer from Oxford, I fear!

Haha. But jokes aside, all the best to all of you on your own offers as well. Hopefully for Oxford's part it's just that few more days now.

ReputationRep:
    I think we had a slap-up meal there on the UNIQ scheme - if so, I'll be elbowing people in the face - and I have very pointy elbows - to be the first in line to agree with you if well need be!

But don't believe everything you might read. After all, Lincoln also boasts as having some of the top nosh of Oxford, and without meaning to sound ungrateful or conceited - it was really rather poor.

I mean, that's where I was for UNIQ. Superb breakfasts to be fair, but dinners included such greats as 'sweet-and-sour mystery meat' and 'raspberry tart [from the Co-op] with a strange black blob in it'. Plus, some - not all by any means - of the serving staff gave us a similar welcome as I'd have expected from a blind, starving terrapin.
    Yeah I was sceptical until I tried it! What I would say about college food is don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm sure it's all 'good' but the Michelin star chef's offerings at Trinity were a cut above certainly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    A lot of colleges do. For example I'm applying to Oriel and I was provided with a link to see what courses they have sent out interview invitations to. Check the conformation emails you got from your college.
    I'm applying to Oriel to but don't have that link! Could you share it please?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for Trinity?

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE??? :confused:
    You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was sceptical until I tried it! What I would say about college food is don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm sure it's all 'good' but the Michelin star chef's offerings at Trinity were a cut above certainly!
    Absolutely.

Mansfield has top nosh, and I just so happened to apply to Mansfield when all's said and done... a coincidence? Certainly, sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goatoncrack)
    You're not alone
    Thank god!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.