Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Source ?
    Lots of journos saying that he's picked us over Utd and hopeful of a deal being agreed before closing deadline day.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/sta...27212558225409

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/arsenal/stor...s-arsenal-move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Lots of journos saying that he's picked us over Utd and hopeful of a deal being agreed before closing deadline day.
    Can I have a link to one of those journos? I just googled and only metro and goal.con saying it. All others are from 4 August when we were in for him as well as Sami khedira.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Can I have a link to one of those journos? I just googled and only metro and goal.con saying it. All others are from 4 August when we were in for him as well as Sami khedira.
    See my post above

ReputationRep:
    dont think it would be suprising that a layer would pick us over united - considering the state of each clubs that should go without saying, before money is taken into cosnideration..

But that is meaningless as united may offer more money, or may make an offer at all - compared to arsenal who god knows what we will do.. probably nothing.

ReputationRep:

Messi Minutes also tweeted that Falcao was happening

Also that ESPN article pretty much states nothing either

ReputationRep:
    Please take points off City please.

Reckon you'll win hopefully. Need City to be playing catchup with us.

Also lol at United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    See my post above
    yeah cheers i must have been typing as you posted it how reliable is that guy on twitter ... I don't usually get into all the twitter gossip...

I really hope its true but I won't get my hopes up..
    1) why have we waited so long, yes sporting dropped asking price but that was reported awhile ago, was it for CL ?
    2) what to stop utd coming in and doing a chelsea on us and offering more money etc... they are getting depressed, and we all know wenger doesn't usually raise his prices.

I want a DM, I prioritise this over a ST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Messi Minutes also tweeted that Falcao was happening

Also that ESPN article pretty much states nothing either
    If you read it, the journalist who's reliable states that Carvalho is the preferred move.

ReputationRep:
    This Remy link is an odd one. We've had all summer to sign him or anyone for that matter, suggesting that we've gone in half arsed with with offer for Remy at the last minute to almost look like we are interested, but in reality are only doing so the appease the fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    yeah cheers i must have been typing as you posted it how reliable is that guy on twitter ... I don't usually get into all the twitter gossip...

I really hope its true but I won't get my hopes up..
    1) why have we waited so long, yes sporting dropped asking price but that was reported awhile ago, was it for CL ?
    2) what to stop utd coming in and doing a chelsea on us and offering more money etc... they are getting depressed, and we all know wenger doesn't usually raise his prices.

I want a DM, I prioritise this over a ST.
    He's considered reliable.

Carvalho is partially owned by a third party agent which has caused an issue, and his agent is Jorge Mendes (a super agent), and he doesn't really deal with Arsenal.

Carvalho looks like he's got his heart set on Arsenal. Chelsea don't need him.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    This Remy link is an odd one. We've had all summer to sign him or anyone for that matter, suggesting that we've gone in half arsed with with offer for Remy at the last minute to almost look like we are interested, but in reality are only doing so the appease the fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbf though I think Wenger never really wanted a 'proper' striker, he's probably just gone in for Remy now cos of Giroud's injury hence why we didn't go in for him all summer, he's thought about it now.

Oh and also just found this:

"The reason we've waited until now to sign Remy is because his release clause has three levels:
    CL clubs: £8m
    Top 6: £11m
    Others: £15m"

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the PL title race will be between three clubs only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Looks like the PL title race will be between three clubs only
    2 unless you count pool who have just as much chance as us

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chel$ki, us, City and with a lot of luck Liverpool all have a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal could be closing in on the signature of Torino's Alessio Cerci after the 27-year-old forward was left out of the Italian side's squad to face Inter Milan on Sunday. (Daily Star)
    The Gunners are also hoping to sign Southampton's French midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, having agreed to meet the player's £27m price tag. (Caught Offside)

why does the bbd even publish this stuff
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    £27m for Schneiderlin? Yeah no.

Someone's just sitting there in an office typing crap on their computer, laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    £27m for Schneiderlin? Yeah no.

Someone's just sitting there in an office typing crap on their computer, laughing.
    I would pay around 20m for sneidi tbh no more then 25 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone would put in a performance like he did (against West Ham) and then suddenly say "Right, I'm leaving"
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I would pay around 20m for sneidi tbh no more then 25 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he's worth around the £18m spot? I'd go no more than £23m tbh.
    Certain clubs have become the epitome as to why certain players have become overplayed for.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    I don't think anyone would put in a performance like he did (against West Ham) and then suddenly say "Right, I'm leaving"

Agreed, but it's from the Star so what would you expect? Some chap working for them would quite happily go "Cristiano Ronaldo due to have medical at Arsenal on Monday after gunners reach £450m release clause."

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.