The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
It used to be good before, now it's just random chitchat and trolls :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you left,you took the heart of ISOC with you.We shrivelled without you.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

This is not the place for pick up lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
It's because IdeasForLife doesn't post that much anymore :frown:

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Then lets make it like the good days. :ahee::danceboy::dance:

I need my crew for that, they've all left meh :cry2:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Das true.

Original post by Richard Dawkins.
This is not the place for pick up lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
I fear which state my soul and heart will be in when the angel of death reaches me. I fear being far from Allah. I fear being in an action of sin. I fear to not have prayed my prayers on time. I fear to have treated someone unjust while not had the chance to ask for forgiveness. I fear to have looked down on someone. I fear to have not given enough of what I’ve been blessed with. I fear having pride, hatred and jealousy in my heart. I fear having an ugly heart. I fear I’ve not treated my parents with the best of manners. I fear to have not performed actions for the sake of Allah. I fear to have followed my own desires. I fear looking at the angel of death and screaming ‘Oh no, please not in this state’.
Fears makes me a weak soul who only wants to strive to seek Him. My fears are many but Allah’s Greatness beats them all. Therefore I pray He will guide me, make me firm on the Deen, and not take my soul till He is pleased with me, InshaaAllah 😔

حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا هَمَّامٌ، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ نَاسًا، اجْتَوَوْا فِي الْمَدِينَةِ فَأَمَرَهُمُ
النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنْ يَلْحَقُوا بِرَاعِيهِ ـ يَعْنِي الإِبِلَ ـ فَيَشْرَبُوا مِنْ أَلْبَانِهَا وَأَبْوَالِهَا، فَلَحِقُوا بِرَاعِيهِ فَشَرِبُوا مِنْ أَلْبَانِهَا وَأَبْوَالِهَا، حَتَّى صَلَحَتْ أَبْدَانُهُمْ فَقَتَلُوا الرَّاعِيَ وَسَاقُوا الإِبِلَ، فَبَلَغَ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَبَعَثَ فِي طَلَبِهِمْ، فَجِيءَ بِهِمْ فَقَطَعَ أَيْدِيَهُمْ وَأَرْجُلَهُمْ، وَسَمَرَ أَعْيُنَهُمْ‏.‏ قَالَ قَتَادَةُ فَحَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سِيرِينَ أَنَّ ذَلِكَ كَانَ قَبْلَ أَنْ تَنْزِلَ الْحُدُودُ‏.‏

The climate of Medina did not suit some people, so the Prophet (ﷺ) ordered them to follow his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they followed the shepherd that is the camels and drank their milk and urine till their bodies became healthy. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels. When the news reached the Prophet (ﷺ) he sent some people in their pursuit. When they were brought, he cut their hands and feet and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron.

Original post by Ghost.
x

Quite a poor attempt. But it's to be expected from someone who left Islam because he disagreed with something in the bible :lol:

AFAIK, the old arabs used camel milk and urine as a medicine for a certain stomach problem. These men had it and the Prophet (pbuh), sent them with the shepherd for treatment. It may not sound very nice but apparently it did work for them. People have used treatments which sound horrible for hundreds of years. Some of them worked, some did not. An example of one,which sounds horrible, but still in use in british hospitals, is the use of leeches(yes the NHS runs this).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
True Dat.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's not it.

I agree with TMG Biri. :biggrin:
Quite a poor attempt. But it's to be expected from someone who left Islam because he disagreed with something in the bible :lol:

AFAIK, the old arabs used camel milk and urine as a medicine for a certain stomach problem. These men had it and the Prophet (pbuh), sent them with the shepherd for treatment. It may not sound very nice but apparently it did work for them. People have used treatments which sound horrible for hundreds of years. Some of them worked, some did not. An example of one,which sounds horrible, but still in use in british hospitals, is the use of leeches(yes the NHS runs this).

That is a good point. The fact of the matter is that you either accept this narration as true and acknowledge that they became healthy, or you don't accept the narration as true at all, which means that the whole thing simply never happened. You can't have your cake and eat it.

What do you think of the punishment for killing the camels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zaid b. Thabit said:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to offer the Zuhr prayer in midday heat; and no prayer was harder on the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) that this one. Hence the revelation came down: "Be guardians of your prayers, and of the midmost prayer" (2:238). He (the narrator) said: There are two prayers before it and two prayers after it.
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مَرْزُوقٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ وَاقِدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ عَطِيَّةَ اللَّيْثِيُّ، عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، رضى الله عنه قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ مَنْ سَرَّهُ أَنْ يَسْتَجِيبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ عِنْدَ الشَّدَائِدِ وَالْكُرَبِ فَلْيُكْثِرِ الدُّعَاءَ فِي الرَّخَاءِ ‏" ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ غَرِيبٌ ‏.

Abu Hurairah [may Allah be pleased with him] narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah said: “Whoever wishes that Allah would respond to him during hardship and grief, then let him supplicate plentifully when at ease.”

Grade: Hasan
Jami' at Tirmidhi 3382
(edited 9 years ago)
حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ حَبِيبِ بْنِ عَرَبِيٍّ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ كَثِيرٍ الأَنْصَارِيُّ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ طَلْحَةَ بْنَ خِرَاشٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، رضى الله عنهما يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ "‏ أَفْضَلُ الذِّكْرِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَفْضَلُ الدُّعَاءِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ‏" ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ لاَ نَعْرِفُهُ إِلاَّ مِنْ حَدِيثِ مُوسَى بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ‏.‏ وَقَدْ رَوَى عَلِيُّ بْنُ الْمَدِينِيِّ وَغَيْرُ وَاحِدٍ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ هَذَا الْحَدِيثَ ‏.‏

Jabir bin `Abdullah (ra) narrated that :

the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The best remembrance is: ‘there is none worthy of worship except Allah (Lā ilāha illallāh)’ and the best supplication is: ‘All praise is due to Allah (Al-ḥamdulillāh).’”

Grade: Hasan
Jami' at Tirmidhi 3383

(edited 9 years ago)
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"One of the supplications that the Prophet used to say was: 'Allahumma, inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfa'u, wa mindu'a'in la yusma'u, wa min qalbin la yakhsha'u, wa min nafsin la tashba'u [O Allah, I seek refuge with You from knowledge that is of no benefit, from a supplication that is not heard, from a heart that does not fear (You) and from a soul that is not satisfied].'"

Grade: Sahih

(edited 9 years ago)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah the Exalted says: 'I am as my slave expects me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me inwardly, I will remember him inwardly, and if he remembers Me in an assembly, I will remember him in a better assembly (i.e., in the assembly of angels)."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Original post by kyoti
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah the Exalted says: 'I am as my slave expects me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me inwardly, I will remember him inwardly, and if he remembers Me in an assembly, I will remember him in a better assembly (i.e., in the assembly of angels)."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Prosm
Original post by 5n(12-2n)
Prosm

:yy:

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "The closest that a person can be to his Lord, the Mighty and Sublime, is when he is prostrating, so increase in supplication then."

[At-Tirmidhi]

Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Glorify your Lord in Ruku' (bowing posture) and exert yourself in supplication in prostration. Thus your supplications are liable to be accepted."

[Muslim]

Qatada asked Anas which Supplication Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) frequently made. He said:

The supplication that he (the Prophet made very frequently is this:" O Allah, grant us the good in this world and the good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of Hell-Fire." He (Qatada) said that whenever Anas had to supplicate he made this very supplication, and whenever he (intended) to make another supplication he (inserted) this very supplication in that.
I fear which state my soul and heart will be in when the angel of death reaches me. I fear being far from Allah. I fear being in an action of sin. I fear to not have prayed my prayers on time. I fear to have treated someone unjust while not had the chance to ask for forgiveness. I fear to have looked down on someone. I fear to have not given enough of what I’ve been blessed with. I fear having pride, hatred and jealousy in my heart. I fear having an ugly heart. I fear I’ve not treated my parents with the best of manners. I fear to have not performed actions for the sake of Allah. I fear to have followed my own desires. I fear looking at the angel of death and screaming ‘Oh no, please not in this state’.
Fears makes me a weak soul who only wants to strive to seek Him. My fears are many but Allah’s Greatness beats them all. Therefore I pray He will guide me, make me firm on the Deen, and not take my soul till He is pleased with me, InshaaAllah ������

وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا

And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out

وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ ۚ وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَالِغُ أَمْرِهِ ۚ قَدْ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدْرًا

And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.

[Quran 65:2-3]
Salam everyone, I recently converted to Islam :smile: does anyone have any advice on how I can be a good muslim. I've never dressed immodestly, but I have started wearing looser clothing and am hoping to wear a hijab soon. Also, do I make dua after I've prayed? Or is dua something I can do any time of the day? I'm sorry if I seem lost I'm just new to this. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabriellakhan
Salam everyone, I recently converted to Islam :smile: does anyone have any advice on how I can be a good muslim. I've never dressed immodestly, but I have started wearing looser clothing and am hoping to wear a hijab soon. Also, do I make dua after I've prayed? Or is dua something I can do any time of the day? I'm sorry if I seem lost I'm just new to this. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

AsalaamUAlaikmum Sister! Soo happy for you!

Regarding the dua, you can read it at any time during the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending