The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Needs2Achieve
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anon_98)
Aww that's so good, incredibly lucky.

Greeeennnnn bc I dont know. I just like their ideas, they seem nice and they look like they'd do a good job while in power...also bc Aph may have convinced me to join.-BETTER COOKIES THAN LIBERAL.

That possibly may have been the worst reason ever. ^^ Bahahhahaha, I do think that they are the way forward though. - Genuinely.- I'm rubbish at politics so cannot support my answer in the same way as some of you but yeah they're great.

Awww bahaha it would've been way good if you got aggressive, hilarious too. I wouldn't have minded much tbh.

Oh that's interesting, why UKip?- I'm guessing you've got way more thought behind this than myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thankfully Yoda trained to to have a strong mind :P and yeah it would of been funny but tbh I would be letting me party down so aha :') and yeah we had to do a presentation of graphs in our class and we got this one (emf) so and Well its your opinion but if you change UKip is always welcome and maybe... just maybe we have cookies too

Well I agree with UKip's Australian type policies and tbh I think before you can help others you should make sure you ok and thats why I agree with UKip (many more reasons but not going to waffle on aha)
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Just because it's not going to happen doesn't mean that it shouldn't.
True.

(Original post by thehistorybore)
And yet a nationalist?
My dear, I can sing the Soldiers' Song. I was brought up on republican songs. We sometimes chuck some Irish into our sentences at home. Oh by gosh am I a nationalist. It's why I most likely will not become a RL MP if I ever got the opportunity. I know it's just words, but I couldn't say them.

Tiochfaidh ar lá! (Our day will come!)
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
True.

My dear, I can sing the Soldiers' Song. I was brought up on republican songs. We sometimes chuck some Irish into our sentences at home. Oh by gosh am I a nationalist. It's why I most likely will not become a RL MP if I ever got the opportunity. I know it's just words, but I couldn't say them.

Tiochfaidh ar lá! (Our day will come!)
And now I'm even more aware of how little I understand Irish culture!
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was devotedly Catholic til I was about 10? Then my faith went and only in the last year or so have I really been considering it.

But yeah, just cause you're Catholic doesn't mean you are always nationalist. Parnell was a Protestant, a landlord!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was devotedly Catholic til I was about 10? Then my faith went and only in the last year or so have I really been considering it.

But yeah, just cause you're Catholic doesn't mean you are always nationalist. Parnell was a Protestant, a landlord!
Goodness it's confusing, I never did understand Parnell. I think he just enjoyed the limelight.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What I do rather enjoy is Irish Americans because we are doubly scum. We are the root of all ills in Ireland and the states. I suppose more than double really coz why the hell not?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
What I do rather enjoy is Irish Americans because we are doubly scum. We are the root of all ills in Ireland and the states. I suppose more than double really coz why the hell not?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feinian Brotherhood... Say no more... Root of almost all the troubles with Land War/Plan of Campaign and all of those horrors. Could have been done much more peacefully if it wasn't for the Irish Americans, no offence!
wizardtop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
New bar, same drinking buddies!
I havnt been in this bar for a while,I would like a pint of lager and some nuts
Where is the barman gone and wow the bar certainly looks different to what it once was or maybe it's because I havnt been in here for seems ages Petros
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Feinian Brotherhood... Say no more... Root of almost all the troubles with Land War/Plan of Campaign and all of those horrors. Could have been done much more peacefully if it wasn't for the Irish Americans, no offence!
True, true. Stupid O'Mahoney and Stephens...the Fenian Uprising in 1867 was a disaster.

Goodness it's confusing, I never did understand Parnell. I think he just enjoyed the limelight.
It's actually not confusing. I hate Parnell so much! Aloof, arrogant man.

Must say it's nice to see a non-Irish person know Irish history.
wizardtop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Eurovision!!!! Rise like a Phoenix :flute:
I am not a fan of Eurovision I am afraid Aph and I be watching something else whilst it's on possible rather watching Netflix or doing something else entirely
I know we havnt done so well for a few years now not since Katrina and the Waves won in Ireland many years ago now
Even Terry Wogan got tired of Eurovision and he presented it for us for many years and now Graham Norton has taken over from him
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If the uk ever wins eurovision whilst im alive... i'll eat my hat
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Needs2Achieve)
Haha thankfully Yoda trained to to have a strong mind :P and yeah it would of been funny but tbh I would be letting me party down so aha :') and yeah we had to do a presentation of graphs in our class and we got this one (emf) so and Well its your opinion but if you change UKip is always welcome and maybe... just maybe we have cookies too

Well I agree with UKip's Australian type policies and tbh I think before you can help others you should make sure you ok and thats why I agree with UKip (many more reasons but not going to waffle on aha)
Hahaha -Ahhh got it! That's so good though.

WHY AM I NOT YODA TRAINED. ;(

Hahahah, ahhh interesting. Well that's good! Its always nice to see someone strong about what they're supporting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
*UK wins Eurovision*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh wait I was alive in 1997 when we won i take that back ahh
Needs2Achieve
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anon_98)
Hahaha -Ahhh got it! That's so good though.

WHY AM I NOT YODA TRAINED. ;(

Hahahah, ahhh interesting. Well that's good! Its always nice to see someone strong about what they're supporting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because Yoda favours the UKip supporters :P
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PRSOM.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
True, true. Stupid O'Mahoney and Stephens...the Fenian Uprising in 1867 was a disaster.
Well it did have some weight in bringing in the Church Act in 1869, but that was more to do with Gladstone's 'moral crusade against injustices' (Aldous, 2007)
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh wait I was alive in 1997 when we won i take that back ahh
*hands you a hat*

Enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well it did have some weight in bringing in the Church Act in 1869, but that was more to do with Gladstone's 'moral crusade against injustices' (Aldous, 2007)
And that his aim was to "pacify Ireland". (Gladstone, 1869)
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
*hands you a hat*

Enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who do you think I am, Paddy Ashdown!?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads