Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    :rofl2:

What's with Philip Rivers announcing people, where'd that come from?
    Hey sorry only just saw this. I'm not actually sure haha its just random I think there are a few one's which I don't get like why Bradford is a pervert :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I just got a message from someone on the fantasy league asking for the draft to be postponed, does anyone else not like the draft time? It's hard to change the time just for one or two people but if more people can't make it then we'll have to do something about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would normally hate to be a Jets fan but now this is just ridiculous! Massaquoi as a free agent, Holmes milking an injury and Edwards not practiced all week. Oh and they still don't know who their starting QB is. Anyone actually a Jets fan here?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather it be later in the evening, I don't get in from work till 9.05 but if you can't change I'll just get a pal to draft for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think Geno Smith will take the job this week, or at least make significant steps towards it.

ReputationRep:
    Aaron Hernandez Indicted... :eek:

Oh boy he in that deep brown stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    I think Geno Smith will take the job this week, or at least make significant steps towards it.
    I hope so, as far as I'm concerned Sanchez has tried and failed at starter, Smith should get a shot although he'll have a job making any waves when the Jets are so short on receiver quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I'd rather it be later in the evening, I don't get in from work till 9.05 but if you can't change I'll just get a pal to draft for me.
    I think a lot of people won't be able to make that, I know I wouldn't because I have plans for the night. That's mainly why I set it at 5:30 so that most people could make it after work and before anything they may be doing at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    I think a lot of people won't be able to make that, I know I wouldn't because I have plans for the night. That's mainly why I set it at 5:30 so that most people could make it after work and before anything they may be doing at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem, I've got a mate I trust to draft for me

ReputationRep:
    Bostic got fined 21k for that massive hit against the Chargers?! I'm so confused, what is the rule? That hit was just big and clean, surely those hits are better for the league than all this knee height ACL, MCL, PCL tearing stuff? He's hit his chest and his head is upright, hitting him like a steam train is his job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Bostic got fined 21k for that massive hit against the Chargers?! I'm so confused, what is the rule? That hit was just big and clean, surely those hits are better for the league than all this knee height ACL, MCL, PCL tearing stuff? He's hit his chest and his head is upright, hitting him like a steam train is his job!
    Completely ridiculous. The NFL the way its heading is going to be a completely different sport in a couple of years.

I would much rather someone went for my head then my knee and low.

ReputationRep:
    The head of officiating clarified the rule and basically, they want his head to be more upright.

They do not understand that bending at the hips inclines the torso and inclining the torso inclines the head. Either that or they think hitting with a craned neck is good for neck health. The game is an expression of natural human movement at an elite level - that's what makes it fun to watch - and people legislating against natural movement patterns because they don't understand them (probably having never had to learn them themselves) are seriously ruining it. That ruling made me really think that I need to get into watching college ball because if they actually manage to stamp out that kind of clean hit the NFL will not hold my interest. Hopefully the Bears will take care of the fine and the other teams will let their defenders know that they will too, so trivial money goes in a circle between billionaires while the players play. Best case scenario.

ReputationRep:
    The head of officiating clarified the rule and basically, they want his head to be more upright.

They do not understand that bending at the hips inclines the torso and inclining the torso inclines the head. Either that or they think hitting with a craned neck is good for neck health. The game is an expression of natural human movement at an elite level - that's what makes it fun to watch - and people legislating against natural movement patterns because they don't understand them (probably having never had to learn them themselves) are seriously ruining it. That ruling made me really think that I need to get into watching college ball because if they actually manage to stamp out that kind of clean hit the NFL will not hold my interest. Hopefully the Bears will take care of the fine and the other teams will let their defenders know that they will too, so trivial money goes in a circle between billionaires while the players play. Best case scenario.
    If you you get a certain amount of fines you get banned for 2 games or so don't you? I swear it happened to Ed Reed.

Also they're clamping down on that in college as well.

ReputationRep:

The fine was a weeks wages too! I really hope the Bears sort it out for him. As long as I've watched the NFL the Bears D was always the teams focal point with players like Urlacher, Tillman, Peppers and Briggs. Their fans love defense and by making good defense so difficult a team like the Bears is going to suffer with its fans.

I like your argument about natural human movement, it's not as if he's chest bumping him! He's looking to go shoulder first and obviously that means you have to lower your body and clearly your head is not going to be bolt upright. I think I've made it pretty clear I hate the decision, I've got a bigger problem with DJ Swearinger's hit on Keller even though that was 'legal.' Is the league forgetting that people are wearing cleats? You're stuck in the floor and the league is asking you to tackle someone low down, clearly that's going to lead to this massive number of knee injuries we're seeing increasing further still.

ReputationRep:
    Nice 67 yard screen to bush. Maybe he's going to have slightly more fantasy value than anticipated...

ReputationRep:
    Man Sudfeld shouldn't have fumbled that...

ReputationRep:
    Another fumble? Man Bolden is gonna be in the doghouse.

ReputationRep:
    Akers seems to get worse and worse...

ReputationRep:
    Detroit are getting away with so much. Hold after hold on Dobson.

ReputationRep:
    4 turnovers are you kidding me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.