Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Waste of time IMO. Do things that'll directly enhance your passion for the degree you're planning to study at uni. Small extra-curric things like mentoring hardly make a difference on your personal statement. That's my opinion.

Your mum is Del Boy?
    I want to be a clinical psychologist any ideas what i could do then?

I do english lit,psychology and economics at a level any job oppurtunites that i could access with those subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)

I do english lit,psychology and economics at a level any job oppurtunites that i could access with those subjects?
    Not the best person to ask mate.

ReputationRep:

Do a psychology degree, if you want to be a clinical psychologist best served aiming for top 20-30 universities if you aren't already, get experience at hospitals and build rapport with people. Opportunities come from unlikely sources. While work experience and shadowing isn't actually needed for psychology you'd want to do it as it gets you ahead of the game. You don't need to yet(although would be useful for UCAS) but ideally by the end of 2nd year you should have decent experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Why does Zurich keep posting some poverty chick

People that work 9 to 5 and gym, do you go before or after? I've been attempting after recently and failing, 1 gym session in two weeks, bloody hell. Need to go back to the mornings
    I'm dying.

Not been gym for ages but cycle on my bike regularly. Anyway I'm jobless atm but one of my jobs I specifically asked for a late start as in 1-9 so that I can do my exercise before hand

9-5 just means you have to go gym straight after work. Or you go 24 hour gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    I'm a first year at Leicester, studying BA History. Just started 10 days ago.

Do you have any tips for the first year and the years beyond at Leicester?
    You have a lot free time in the first year as far as I can remember you will have 6-8 hours lectures and another 3-4 hours for seminars so that will leave a lot of time. The reading will increase as you go on the course as well as the difficulty so try to grasp the basics throughly and get into a habit of keeping up with the course as you can easily fall back and then always try to catch up.
    What I would say is enjoy the first year, but expect the external reading and difficulty to jump in the second year so being structured is key Imo. My history housemates tended to have a lot of free time other than during essay deadlines as they use to leave it late. Probably best if you don't leave it to the last day, people don't realise that your first year grade will be used as a basis for any summer internships or placements you go to so getting a 3rd/pass may not affect your degree grade but will affect your chances during these applications.
    Honestly just enjoy your time atm, as you shouldn't be too busy atm and keep up to date as this will be useful later on the course, this helped me to get a First.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Not the best person to ask mate.
    It's Lucio you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juan Mata)
    It's Lucio you want
    Well respected online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Well respected online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The go-to man for all your psychological and football needs

ReputationRep:
    The go-to man for all your psychological and football needs
    And if you need any research papers written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    And if you need any research papers written.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    or just some banter

ReputationRep:
    or just some banter
    Can't vouch for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think it's really good for your CV but not that important for UCAS. I didn't mention one word about EC's in my Personal Statement.

Indeed. Well done though! That's the sort of job i'm looking for, because nearly everywhere requires basic office experience as a minimum. If you're managed to get that without much on your CV then that gives me hope Just have to keep trying I guess.

This didn't show up in my quote list for some reason, but i'm nearly 24 with a History degree.
    Did you do History at A-Levels?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    What I would say is enjoy the first year, but expect the external reading and difficulty to jump in the second year so being structured is key Imo. My history housemates tended to have a lot of free time other than during essay deadlines as they use to leave it late. Probably best if you don't leave it to the last day, people don't realise that your first year grade will be used as a basis for any summer internships or placements you go to so getting a 3rd/pass may not affect your degree grade but will affect your chances during these applications.
    Second year first term makes or breaks your degree imo. The step up is HUGE. I'd say my 2nd year was much harder than 3rd year.

(Original post by Rk2k14)
    Did you do History at A-Levels?
    Yeh. Nailed all the exams, did **** in the coursework because they made you write in a certain style I wasn't used to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Second year first term makes or breaks your degree imo. The step up is HUGE. I'd say my 2nd year was much harder than 3rd year.

Yeh. Nailed all the exams, did **** in the coursework because they made you write in a certain style I wasn't used to.
    What did you end up with? What topics did you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Thats exactly the same with me. I smash the economics exams but do okay/**** in the coursework. Thankfully a module exam counts as 80% and coursework counts as 20%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Finally the topic has moves onto something normal.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Second week of uni and I'm already feeling rekt. Who knew studying law would be so complex right from the offset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Finally the topic has moves onto something normal.
    So Prod, tell us more about your U grade in..... English?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you leave kik

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Lmao 'moved' I meant! You think you're funny init :lol:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.