The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't forget the random shark fin thing!

But otherwise the preview had me going ":facepalm:"
I missed it :cry:
Original post by snowyowl
I missed it :cry:

Original post by sleekchic
Have I missed it? :frown:

Just found a number of things.

Amy and Rory are on their honeymoon during the episode, and run into trouble when the pleasure cruise spaceship they're travelling on finds itself under attack from "something very nasty". The spaceship is orbiting an alien planet, which is where the Doctor is for a considerate part of the story. This therefore causes Amy and Rory to be separated from the Time Lord for the majority of the episode.

and

The latest issue of the magazine also includes some season six spoilers. In the first two-parter, there's "speculation" that River Song is responsible for killing John F. Kennedy. In episode three, written by Neil Gaiman, the Doctor lands on a "junkyard planet" where he meets Idris (Suranne Jones) who's been preparing for her own death. Idris doesn't actually die as she expects, but by the time she meets the Doctor she's gone mad and winds up biting the Time Lord and Idris turns out to be someone the Doctor has met before. Episode four will be written by Mark Gatiss.

And in episodes five and six, by Matthew Graham, the Doctor will face "a dilemma the like of which he's never seen before." And apparently the Doctor has some flashbacks to his visit to Skaro in "Genesis of the Daleks" in the second half of Graham's story.

Episode seven, by Steven Moffat, will be the first half of a two-parter, to be concluded in the fall.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :love:

I swear if I miss the actual Christmas special I will be livid :rant: although I'll be at the boyfriend's house and I'm 99% certain his mother watches Doctor Who, so :biggrin:
Reply 6685
Original post by cambo211

Thank you :h:

Thank you

Did anyone notice the change in the Doctor's outfit and why does it look like Rory is still wearing his Centurion's uniform?
Original post by sleekchic
Thank you

Did anyone notice the change in the Doctor's outfit and why does it look like Rory is still wearing his Centurion's uniform?

Because he is?

Amy's also in her police uniform i think.
I didn't see it, therefore it sucked.
Original post by Colonel Brusnahan
I didn't see it, therefore it sucked.

It wasn't a mini-episode or anything. Just a trailer really.
It wasn't a mini-episode or anything. Just a trailer really.

Really? Dayumm.

Did Terry Wogan do anything funny? :awesome:
Original post by Colonel Brusnahan
Really? Dayumm.

Did Terry Wogan do anything funny? :awesome:

I was barely paying attention tbh.

I posted the trailer further up this page :yy:
Reply 6693

Thanks (Y)

This is going to be the highlight of my Christmas; not the presents, the dinner or anything else--this. Oh, and it better be a bloody good episode.
Original post by Onyx.
Thanks (Y)

This is going to be the highlight of my Christmas; not the presents, the dinner or anything else--this. Oh, and it better be a bloody good episode.

One of the main reasons as to why I look forward to Christmas is because of the Doctor Who special. Can't wait to see Sir Michael Gambon. :awesome:
Karen Gillan in the police uniform again? Merry Christmas indeed! :sexface:
ahhh so excited for xmas!! im usually abroad and always manage to miss the christmas special, NOT THIS YEAR! :biggrin:
Why are Digital Spy so slow :frown:
Matt Smith on Series 6 (spoilers) - http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/silence-is-golden-11788.htm

Lovely promo pic for the Christmas Special - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/TOrVZ4TtKXI/AAAAAAAAMOc/PttFw0W76BM/s1600/a_christmas_carol2.jpg

And finally: Footage of them filming in Utah :biggrin:

(edited 13 years ago)

Latest