Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You can be the venerable wizard. :beard:
    I am Saruman. Or rather, Saruman as he should have been. :awesome:

With regards to buying your own domain name, do you think paying an extra fiver for .co.uk compared to .info is worth it?

ReputationRep:
    We're like ...

(Original post by Phalanges)
    Haha, but who is who? :teeth:
    I'm new here, so I'll settle with being the horse. If needs be I'll gallop to the top of Mt. Doom and dispose of the ring myself, if you pussies can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Woah I got an award! :shock: - thanks to the person who voted

( Bad Boys II is on Channel Five in an hour and a half :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    .com not available? Definitely, .info is just ... inferior and not suited to represent a personal blog. Are you purchasing WHOIS privacy as well? It hides your personal details as the domain holder. And where are you buying from?
    Nah, .com is owned by an advertiser. :sad: I'd never heard of WHOIS, how much does it cost? Is there anything else I should be looking at buying as well?

ReputationRep:
    The most beautiful thing you will see all day! Anastasia Volochkova is one of my favorite ballerinas! <3

ReputationRep:
    Imma be Boromir. Purely because I suspect the whole 'hubris leading to awful demise' thing is going to wind up happening to me in some form or another. :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite blatantly Sam.

ReputationRep:
    You won an award or two as well. :K:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=6663
    *sniff* I...I don't know what to say. I wasn't expecting this. Third in People's Choice? Joint second with six others on Straight to DVD? And...wait. What's this? First by five votes on Star Wars? Who are you callin' a fanboy?

ReputationRep:
    Right it's decided, even though I have a 10am hour long poetry lecture and a two hour seminar on Victorian literature tomorrow, I'm staying up for the Golden Globes. Who's with me?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Right then, can't be bothered to set up a domain now, might do it in the future sometime.

Here is my blog: http://amateurcritic.tumblr.com/

I'm pretty pleased with how most of it looks, what do you guys think? I don't like the right hand column picture that much though, it seems quite small and the whole column seems very empty. Any advice or designs would be much appreciated!

Can I be Aragorn? :ahee:

Wait a minute...

Spoiler:
    Show
    :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Watching Easy A, it has to be said, if Emma Stone was walking down the street - I'd look multiple times. :moon:
    I love the movie, and Emma Stone is awesome
    Also, can I post here if I am not a soc member? (I already have, but anyway)

(Original post by tulipfields)
    i love the movie, and emma stone is awesome :d
    also, can i post here if i am not a soc member? (i already have, but anyway)
    NOOO

:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    The scene where they pretend to have sex. :rofl:

I have your sword. :moon:

Course you can! Welcome.
    Thanks
    I love that scene :rofl: The noises she made (and his grunting :toofunny:)

ReputationRep:
    If you'd went with Wordpress you could have got yourself many widgets and plugins to add to the sidebar. You can't really change specific parts except under &quot;Appearance&quot; in Customize, just choose themes.
    Yeah, but I could always add more of a description/better pic. Just stuck with what to put there, it looks a bit pitiful at the minute. :p:

Looks really good. Nice and simple. You have your first Tumblr follower. :awesome:
    Second actually. Beska was first. :p:

Do you think Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will get an Oscar nomination for their score to The Social Network?

ReputationRep:
    Right then, can't be bothered to set up a domain now, might do it in the future sometime.

I'm pretty pleased with how most of it looks, what do you guys think? I don't like the right hand column picture that much though, it seems quite small and the whole column seems very empty. Any advice or designs would be much appreciated!
    Good blog. The bit about the awards was very interesting, I had no idea that was the way the Golden Globes is set up.

Speaking of the Golden Globes, is it coming on TV? Is so what time / channel? I'm intrigued to see Gervais' antics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Good blog. The bit about the awards was very interesting, I had no idea that was the way the Golden Globes is set up.

Speaking of the Golden Globes, is it coming on TV? Is so what time / channel? I'm intrigued to see Gervais' antics
    Sky Movies

1am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Sky Movies

1am
    Thanks

ReputationRep:

Cool, man. I like it, but there's something a bit off about it. I think there may be a bit too much bare space aorund the edges, but in time I probably won't even notice, or care.

Anyone ever seen Sin Nombre. I just watched it for the third time. This time with the commentary and hearing the director describe the little things about the actual journey he took in order to research the film are quite something. Incredible dedication by him towards the art.

If you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it. The character development is really well done and well paced. I think it is also well edited, in the sense that there are no scenes that have no place in the film whatsoever. Pretty much everything advances the story in some way. One of my annoyances these days is that far too many film makers appear reluctant to cut scenes, thus you end up with a far longer film than is required. It's undoubtedly one of my favourite films of the last few years.

On a somewhat related note, why do they translate the title of some foreign films and not others? Sin Nombre, Les Diaboliques, La Haine etc are the names that they are known by here. Why isn't Sin Nombre called Nameless? I just find it fascinating that some are translated and others aren't. Maybe it just doesn't take much to fascinate me.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.