Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Man I would hate to be at practice the next time... Bill Belichick would be absolutely insufferable, gets to bring out the game tape as well. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    The fine was a weeks wages too! I really hope the Bears sort it out for him. As long as I've watched the NFL the Bears D was always the teams focal point with players like Urlacher, Tillman, Peppers and Briggs. Their fans love defense and by making good defense so difficult a team like the Bears is going to suffer with its fans.

I like your argument about natural human movement, it's not as if he's chest bumping him! He's looking to go shoulder first and obviously that means you have to lower your body and clearly your head is not going to be bolt upright. I think I've made it pretty clear I hate the decision, I've got a bigger problem with DJ Swearinger's hit on Keller even though that was 'legal.' Is the league forgetting that people are wearing cleats? You're stuck in the floor and the league is asking you to tackle someone low down, clearly that's going to lead to this massive number of knee injuries we're seeing increasing further still.
    Keller was just really unlucky. You get hit a thousand times like that in cleats and nothing happens. It was not that different from a standard cut, which didn't even appear to be in the side (you can legally hit in the side more obviously than that in the clipping zone). Unfortunately the last time you get hit like that could be the last time you ever wear cleats.

I have no problem with the league punishing unnecessary helmet contact. The problem Swearinger had was that if his helmet had incidentally grazed Keller's helmet on a shoulder to shoulder hit then he gets the fine. Like the commentators were saying the 49ers hit on Alex Smith would get fined because his helmet went up under Smith's chin, but that's incidental to me. I don't think the rules are necessarily horrible, but they need to realise that football players wear helmets for a reason and use a lot more discretion in punishing incidental contact.

Not to mention the entire "player safety" policy is disgustingly hypocritical when the league doesn't give retired players a medical plan and doesn't really punish PED use.

ReputationRep:
    Kenbrell Thompkins guys! That's a sleeper right there

ReputationRep:
    Madden 25 demo anyone? So much good done and so, so much bull****. Stopping the run unless you call a perfect play is impossible, Marshawn Lynch on Pro difficulty just trucked 5 guys for me!? All Pro makes the the run a bit tougher but adds extra heaps of bull****, like Russel Wilson deciding that despite the fact I lead the pass ahead of the receiver on a deep route he's going to inexplicably under-throw the 50 yard pass leading to it falling into the arms of some safety who's Christmases have all come at once. The other issue I have on all All Pro is that my linebackers are running through treacle and are thus horrible at zone coverage on short routes and when you call man to man the guy looking after the receiver on a flat or a shallow slant route goes missing inexplicably and you give up a totally open completion. Other things like Randall Cobb trucking through Brandon Browner are pretty hard to swallow too given the supposedly improved Infinity engine which provided much hilarity last time. Overall defending without forcing turnovers is just too hard!

The computer is also not short of idiotic plays to throw at you. Ray Rice tried to hurdle an upright Aldon Smith who promptly caught him, held him in the air long enough for Rice to drop the football and have someone else recover it. Rodgers also seems to have a habit of throwing into Brandon Browner's gloves but maybe that is because Pro is a stupidly easy difficulty level.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the Onion :daydreaming:http://www.theonion.com/articles/the...ceivers,33566/

Madden 25 demo anyone? So much good done and so, so much bull****. Stopping the run unless you call a perfect play is impossible, Marshawn Lynch on Pro difficulty just trucked 5 guys for me!? All Pro makes the the run a bit tougher but adds extra heaps of bull****, like Russel Wilson deciding that despite the fact I lead the pass ahead of the receiver on a deep route he's going to inexplicably under-throw the 50 yard pass leading to it falling into the arms of some safety who's Christmases have all come at once.
    :teehee: Lynch is just that awesome. Alas i'm still waiting on getting a Madden game and the demos are crap in the tutorial department (they keep pausing the game to tell you how to call time-outs but not how to tackle) and yet I still won a game 24-10 on pro and I still have no idea how to play defence in any position whatsoever, how to do any tactics, how to throw properly, how to not play QB, or pretty much anything like that

ReputationRep:
    What would peoples top 10 rankings for WR be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Oh the Onion :daydreaming:http://www.theonion.com/articles/the...ceivers,33566/

:teehee: Lynch is just that awesome. Alas i'm still waiting on getting a Madden game and the demos are crap in the tutorial department (they keep pausing the game to tell you how to call time-outs but not how to tackle) and yet I still won a game 24-10 on pro and I still have no idea how to play defence in any position whatsoever, how to do any tactics, how to throw properly, how to not play QB, or pretty much anything like that
    I'll do you a tutorial:

Tackle - X to dive tackle, move RS to use the hit stick for better tackles, the longer you push it for the lower your tackle, try and tackle too early and you'll faceplant the floor

Tactics - Press RS pre-snap, read the options, execute option of your choice

Defence
    DT/RE/LE- run into the guy in front of you or where the red arrow is pointing, if its a pass try and sack the QB, if it's a run try and maneuver your block into his way or break off your block and make the tackle by wiggling the right stick and trying not to fall over

MLB/LOLB/ROLB- Put yourself in a position inside your zone to intercept passes or to hit receivers in them with power.

CB- In man coverage, shadow your assigned man, in zone coverage exactly the same as above

FS/SS- wait for people to get in your blue zone and chase them around it, continue chasing them out of it if nobody else is going to enter your blue zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    What would peoples top 10 rankings for WR be?
    1. Megatron
    2. Larry Fitzgerald
    3. A.J. Green
    4. Brandon Marshall/Andre Johnson
    6. Roddy White
    7. Dez Bryant
    8. Julio Jones
    9. Demaryius Thonas
    10. Reggie Wayne/Steve Smith/Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin

Couldn't really decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    1. Megatron
    2. Larry Fitzgerald
    3. A.J. Green
    4. Brandon Marshall/Andre Johnson
    6. Roddy White
    7. Dez Bryant
    8. Julio Jones
    9. Demaryius Thonas
    10. Reggie Wayne/Steve Smith/Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin

Couldn't really decide
    Id say my list is pretty similar.

1. Johnson
    2. Fitzgerald
    3. AJ. Green
    4. Marshall/Andre Johnson
    5. Julio Jones
    6. Dez Bryant
    7. Roddy White
    8. Demaryius Thomas
    9. Vincent Jackson
    10. Cruz/Smith/ Wayne

ReputationRep:
    x
    A hundred thank yous Wattsy :penguinhug: The run seems slightly easier than in last year's demo although all the different movements can be a pain to remember at first but then again it's also a pain to defend.

Also Pete Carroll does have something of the Stay Puft Marshmellow man about him in the Madden :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Id say my list is pretty similar.

1. Johnson
    2. Fitzgerald
    3. AJ. Green
    4. Marshall/Andre Johnson
    5. Julio Jones
    6. Dez Bryant
    7. Roddy White
    8. Demaryius Thomas
    9. Vincent Jackson
    10. Cruz/Smith/ Wayne
    Damn, forgot VJax. Guy's just making play after play.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, forgot VJax. Guy's just making play after play.
    Yeah proved last year it wasn't just down to Philip Rivers making him good.

ReputationRep:
    Madden 25 demo anyone? So much good done and so, so much bull****. Stopping the run unless you call a perfect play is impossible, Marshawn Lynch on Pro difficulty just trucked 5 guys for me!? All Pro makes the the run a bit tougher but adds extra heaps of bull****, like Russel Wilson deciding that despite the fact I lead the pass ahead of the receiver on a deep route he's going to inexplicably under-throw the 50 yard pass leading to it falling into the arms of some safety who's Christmases have all come at once. The other issue I have on all All Pro is that my linebackers are running through treacle and are thus horrible at zone coverage on short routes and when you call man to man the guy looking after the receiver on a flat or a shallow slant route goes missing inexplicably and you give up a totally open completion. Other things like Randall Cobb trucking through Brandon Browner are pretty hard to swallow too given the supposedly improved Infinity engine which provided much hilarity last time. Overall defending without forcing turnovers is just too hard!

The computer is also not short of idiotic plays to throw at you. Ray Rice tried to hurdle an upright Aldon Smith who promptly caught him, held him in the air long enough for Rice to drop the football and have someone else recover it. Rodgers also seems to have a habit of throwing into Brandon Browner's gloves but maybe that is because Pro is a stupidly easy difficulty level.
    Rodgers went 24/24 vs me on all-pro, i lost by 4 points after converting an onside kick :/

As for WRs

1. Mega
    2. AJ Green
    3. Bryant
    4. Fitz
    5. White
    6. Johnson
    7. Vincent Jackson
    8. Nicks
    9 Marshall
    10 Thomas/cobb/wayne/cruz/smith/bowe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Rodgers went 24/24 vs me on all-pro, i lost by 4 points after converting an onside kick :/

As for WRs

1. Mega
    2. AJ Green
    3. Bryant
    4. Fitz
    5. White
    6. Johnson
    7. Vincent Jackson
    8. Nicks
    9 Marshall
    10 Thomas/cobb/wayne/cruz/smith/bowe
    No Jones?

ReputationRep:

No Jones?
    Think hes got Nicks way to high. No way Johnson is worse then White even with age. Marshall is too low as well.

ReputationRep:
    Here's some fact hunting

Pats killer - closes the chapter on the Pats quasi-dynasty.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...hernandez.html

Bernard Pollard was the last player to tackle Aaron Hernandez....most likely forever.

Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Gronk, Stevan Ridley and now Aaron Hernandez.

Future generations will wonder, why didn't the Pats ever win after 2004?

Bernard Pollard came into the league...and brought some bad ju-ju...

If there's one player I wouldn't mind being taken out its Pollard. Guy is just bad for us.

ReputationRep:

No Jones?
    Hmmm somehow slipped through the net, I'd have to think about it. Probably would slip him in at 8 and push Nicks and Marshall down 1.

Think hes got Nicks way to high. No way Johnson is worse then White even with age. Marshall is too low as well.
    I got the impression you wanted a list of the 10 WRs you would most want in your attack this season if you were an offensive coordinator. Johnson slides due to injury potential, Nicks is a stud, and I don't rate Marshall up there because of his attitude and of the field issues. Just my 2 cents though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Hmmm somehow slipped through the net, I'd have to think about it. Probably would slip him in at 8 and push Nicks and Marshall down 1.

I got the impression you wanted a list of the 10 WRs you would most want in your attack this season if you were an offensive coordinator. Johnson slides due to injury potential, Nicks is a stud, and I don't rate Marshall up there because of his attitude and of the field issues. Just my 2 cents though.
    I guess you could say Johnson slides because of injury but isn't Nicks just as injury prone?

For some reason I feel like I've missed someone but I can't quite remember who :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could say Johnson slides because of injury but isn't Nicks just as injury prone?

For some reason I feel like I've missed someone but I can't quite remember who :confused:
    Hmmmm true, I still like him in my top 10 even with injury issues though.

ReputationRep:
    Where does everyone get their NFL stuff from? Since Fansedge got ****ed I dunno where to go. The NFL UK shop is disgustingly poor. 102 pounds for a custom replica jersey is disgraceful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.