Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Really what do you expect? There is only so much to discuss when no football is being played and I agree its repetitive but it would help matters a lot if we didn't have fans from other clubs just trying to get their kicks by coming on here and bashing on Arsenal. I wouldn't even care if it was a constructive argument but more often than not its just people who want to rile our fans up.

Few weeks ago there were Liverpool fans on here after the Suarez debacle, the last few days its been Tottenham fans as they seem to get more insecure about the Bale situation and now its Chelsea fans for absolutely no reason. Of course I don't mind fans from any of the clubs but if they come on here just to provoke a reaction, then it does get very annoying.

Edit: More negs than an actual reply to my posts. :rolleyes:
    Why aren't threads club specific...what's the point in having these club friends if someone can come on here and start bashing liverpool, chelsea or united or city. I personally think TSR should just make it about discussing said club in the title.

ReputationRep:
    Really what do you expect? There is only so much to discuss when no football is being played and I agree its repetitive but it would help matters a lot if we didn't have fans from other clubs just trying to get their kicks by coming on here and bashing on Arsenal. I wouldn't even care if it was a constructive argument but more often than not its just people who want to rile our fans up.

Few weeks ago there were Liverpool fans on here after the Suarez debacle, the last few days its been Tottenham fans as they seem to get more insecure about the Bale situation and now its Chelsea fans for absolutely no reason. Of course I don't mind fans from any of the clubs but if they come on here just to provoke a reaction, then it does get very annoying.

Edit: More negs than an actual reply to my posts. :rolleyes:
    Bar Musester, the worst posters in this thread are all Arsenal fans, they are the reason that this thread is the worst on tsr and not opposition fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Bar Musester, the worst posters in this thread are all Arsenal fans, they are the reason that this thread is the worst on tsr and not opposition fans.
    tbf you're correct. Some poster in this thread are just excessive

In other News

Apparently Gustavo has had offers from Arsenal, Wolfsburg and Chelsea. Surely Arsenal has to be the best option for him. We can offer him consistent playing time, CL and good wages.

Sauce: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/lu...5656.bild.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

In other News

Apparently Gustavo has had offers from Arsenal, Wolfsburg and Chelsea. Surely Arsenal has to be the best option for him. We can offer him consistent playing time, CL and good wages.

That's definitely sauce...

the sauce that comes out of my arse.

ReputationRep:
    Even if some of us fans (myself included) speak absolute **** and make no sense sometimes at least we have something in common and thats the love for Arsenal. Of course people have the right to be frustrated and this is a good medium to vent that frustration even if that entails a post that simply says "Wenger out". Id welcome that in fact cause even that kind of post can bring about a healthy debate.

On the other hand if we just have posters on here who say "Liverpool are top 4 contenders and we are never going to sell Suarez to you guys" its rather annoying. Mainly cause I couldnt care less about Liverpool or any other club for that matter bar Arsenal. Id much rather discuss Suarez as a player as opposed to having an argument with a Liverpool fan about their chances of getting top 4 with or without Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    Even if some of us fans (myself included) speak absolute **** and make no sense sometimes at least we have something in common and thats the love for Arsenal. Of course people have the right to be frustrated and this is a good medium to vent that frustration even if that entails a post that simply says "Wenger out". Id welcome that in fact cause even that kind of post can bring about a healthy debate.

On the other hand if we just have posters on here who say "Liverpool are top 4 contenders and we are never going to sell Suarez to you guys" its rather annoying. Mainly cause I couldnt care less about Liverpool or any other club for that matter bar Arsenal. Id much rather discuss Suarez as a player as opposed to having an argument with a Liverpool fan about their chances of getting top 4 with or without Suarez.
    If you want to discuss football with Arsenal fans and Arsenal fans only then there will be plenty of Arsenal fan sites you can join, this isn't one of them. Me and most other members of the forum like the fact that you can discuss football with people who support other teams because it brings a different perspective and we are interested in football outside of our own clubs as not just football within them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    That's definitely sauce...

the sauce that comes out of my arse.
    Are BILD not a reliable source? The proposed scenario seems logical to me

ReputationRep:
    If you want to discuss football with Arsenal fans and Arsenal fans only then there will be plenty of Arsenal fan sites you can join, this isn't one of them. Me and most other members of the forum like the fact that you can discuss football with people who support other teams because it brings a different perspective and we are interested in football outside of our own clubs as not just football within them.
    Fair enough thats why I'm here as well to be honest but like I said I've got nothing against fans of other clubs and posters like jam are an example of how fans from other clubs can add to this thread without being a douche. He's an exception to the rule however and most of the time you only see fans of other clubs come on here to diss on Arsenal in some form or another.

ReputationRep:
    They are pretty bad, have confirmed a few things but many times they have spouted a load of nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Bar Musester and tommyjw, the worst posters in this thread are all Arsenal fans, they are the reason that this thread is the worst on tsr and not opposition fans.
    Corrected for you. Tbh, the chelsea thread is full of hypocrites. They're far worse.

And once again people, no one in the media/press are reliable. They talk out of their arse 99% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I genuinely wasn't trying to sum anybody at all. It's the bare facts that Arsenal have a huge amount of money to spend and all they've done this transfer window is sit there tickling themselves. Spurs have bought three quality players, Paulinho and Soldado are great buys, whilst Chelsea have bought Schurrle, Van Ginkel and brought Lukaku back.

I'll ignore all the transfer speculation for the time being and then we can reasses in September, but all Arsenal have done rather signing a new World Class striker like Gazidis said, they've bought an unknown French teenager.

I really don't understand why that point was met with such negative criticism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poshwan)
    Arsenal fans are a bit leaveeee it .. since they haven't signed anyone yet (leaveee it), the cheeky 40M +£1 bid for suarez was also leaveee it yeahh since it didnt even trigger the clause in his LEAVEEEE ITT contract...reckon wenger will end up getting someone on the last day leaveee it he'll look like one of those mugs who rush to the petrol station during christmas day to see what presents are left to buy leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee itt
    Why does this get less begs than my posts.

I was bloody agreeing with the Arsenal fans. I didn't wum anybody. It was a certain member who's name begins with Z who started the whole Chelsea/Arsenal flame war.

ReputationRep:

In other News

You shouldn't really bother with those articles a lot of them are *******s and you will only be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Most papers and these journalists just spout rubbish and should not be taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bild are *apparently* decent when it comes to Bayern related news, but no better than the Sun with other rumours. IIRC they were the one of the first to the Gotze to Dortmund story. :dontknow: Although my knowledge on Bild is limited to say the least, this is just what I've heard from German supporters on other websites, so a pinch of salt is heavily advised

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain to me what Wenger meant by this:

Wenger said: “We are still working on improving our squad, but we have a basis of young players who are getting a chance here, who started in the Premier League.

“Wojciech Szczesny, Carl Jenkinson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott.

“They are all players who started in the Premier League with us. No-one else has done that.

“Look at our competitors. Who has started for them in the Premier League in the last 10 years?

I'm especially baffled by the last paragraph. I don't get what he means by 'who started for them in the PL in the last 10 years'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Can anyone explain to me what Wenger meant by this
    He says the same thing every summer. Roughly translates as ''i'm not buying anyone''

ReputationRep:
    Arsenals seasons seem to be in a continous loop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He says the same thing every summer. Roughly translates as ''i'm not buying anyone''
    Haha, that bit I know. But what does he mean by have others started players for the last 10 years? If it's what I think it is then Wenger is definitely losing it. I think he's struggling to cope with the demands of modern-day football - he thinks it's the 1990s where clubs had only 'pennies' to spend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Arsenals seasons seem to be in a continous loop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And the worst thing is it hasn't even started. If we get drawn against Sociedad, Fenerbache or PSV next week, we'll have a challenge to reach the CL proper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago, the Arsenal thread had the best posters. Very informative, analytical and funny.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.