Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcowens)
    Nah, but then again I'm an atheist
    :chaplin:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back for St. Peter's E&M?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview invite! Yeah buddy! Was not expecting it this early at all! Because I know people will ask - it's for human sciences at St. John's and I sat the TSA and didn't have any written work, and my grades are AAA (I'm a gap year applicant)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BMAT results out tonight, anyone know how long the colleges generally take to start sending out interview invitations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollop123)
    anyone have any idea when PPL or experimental psychology interviews are usually sent out?
    I have the same question, applied to Univ for psychology, haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for History or from Wadham?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Jesus College about maths? Or have any idea when I'll get a response? I'm going mad with all of the waiting

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview for Applied Banter at Snobwell College!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TacoBelle)
    Has anyone heard anything for History or from Wadham?
    I think there was a lucky duckling earlier who got a History interview, but I am no he

ReputationRep:
    about the photos we need to send them after we get the interview invite, are they just so they can identify us when we arrive? As I keep imagining an X Factor-esque scene with the admissions tutors moving massive pictures of our faces into 'Yes' and 'No' piles!

ReputationRep:
    Interview @ St. John's for human sciences! So TSA guys, your emails should be on their way soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashanotrab)
    Saaaaaame, my email is the same one I use for online shopping accounts and they send about 3 emails a day so I'm constantly on edge 😏
    Yes! Using the same email was mistake no. 1! 😩😩😩😩😩😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shotte)
    To be fair, even that doesn't trump this gem I got on the 20th.

'Oxford Interview Notification' arrived in my inbox.

I feel a chill of instinctual anticipation run through my spine, swirl for a moment in the nape in my neck, then recede. I was the gazelle staring into the smirking jaws of King Lion, but would I make the chance to bolt pointlessly away, or return his death-gaze with zeal?

When I was done making clumsy, melodramatic metaphors, I opened it up and...

'Dear student

We are aware that Oxford has commenced calling candidates to interview for mid-December. If you have received notification from the institution we would appreciate if you would respond to this email and advise your Pastoral Mentor to ensure that appropriate support is put in place.'

...Aaaaand it was nothing more than the college clerks - with thoroughly disheartening news in all honesty - the whole time.
    you think that's bad, I got an email titled "Interview at Oxford", and it turned out to be a notification from a website that helps with interview prep telling me the download to the pdf I'd requested was ready.
    I deleted the email straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElliotLDavies)
    Anyone here for Mansfield College / Physics? And has anyone received an interview/rejection for Physics from anywhere?
    I have also applied to Mansfield College for Physics. The shortlisting has not been completed yet for Physics at this particular college so do not be fearful.

https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/prosp...formation.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_is_might)
    you think that's bad, I got an email titled "Interview at Oxford", and it turned out to be a notification from a website that helps with interview prep telling me the download to the pdf I'd requested was ready.
    I deleted the email straight away.
    Lol that is just horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    BMAT results out tonight, anyone know how long the colleges generally take to start sending out interview invitations?
    I'd say it depends on the course? But for medicine I remember getting an email from Oxford saying they would let us know prob on 3rd Dec about interview invites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    I'd say it depends on the course? But for medicine I remember getting an email from Oxford saying they would let us know prob on 3rd Dec about interview invites.
    Do you know anything about the biomedical sciences course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomRyder)
    I've applied to Oriel for Physics and Philosophy! I like the way you think
    Ah thanks, good luck. Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoicavalli)
    Anyone applying to St Hilda's?
    I am! have you heard from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard re interviews from St Hilda's yet? I'm applying for English and the waiting is getting more painful by the minute....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.