Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    i dont think my school would let me.

i had to take today off school becuase i couldnt actaully talk. think im coming down with a cold or something. ughhh. dont need this right now - i need o be able to sing so i can perpare for my peroforming arts exam in 5 months.
    If I knew you irl, i'd give you a masive squeezy hug. In any case, :hugs:
    You don't know if they'll let you, unless you ask. And so what if you leave school with fewer GCSEs than your classmates? Most colleges and sixth forms are only really interested in you getting a C in maths, english and 3 other subjects. You can always take more at a later date, or take a year out to get better. This will NOT affect whether you can go to uni. Seriously, Universities are used to people having odd education histories, applying with active mental illness. If they know you have MH issues, the university will bend over backwards to keep you on the course. The disabled student support people here have thrown literally EVERYTHING they can think of at me. They've suggested a smaller exam venue and always being in there for my exams, rest breaks during exams if everything gets a bit too much. Lending me a dictaphone to record lectures with if i'm having a bad day and my anxiety makes it difficult to concentrate, or having a notetaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    They would! Schools are surprisingly lenient if there aware and you ask.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i started a college course in year 10 (instead of 2 GCSEs) and couldnt cope with it so refused to go, they then sorted for me to take up art and then study skills as i wouldnt have been able to do the full 5 options without failing.
    Then in year 12 i was forced to take 4 alevels but i couldnt cope and for 1 lesson i had the headteacher and i asked if i could drop his lesson he actually thought it was going to be a really good idea.
    So they CAN be helpful, i promise

You need you time, please thing about stuff :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my school are useless at helping people. i asked for help with stress and i got a list with timings and even moree tasks for me to do. and due dtates. ughhh doesnt help at all.

(Original post by .snowflake.)
    If I knew you irl, i'd give you a masive squeezy hug. In any case, :hugs:
    <3

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    my school are useless at helping people. i asked for help with stress and i got a list with timings and even moree tasks for me to do. and due dtates. ughhh doesnt help at all.

<3
    Your school with have a pastoral care person, go to them, thats their job. Its in the schools interests to help you. They can get you support that will help you. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your school with have a pastoral care person, go to them, thats their job. Its in the schools interests to help you. They can get you support that will help you. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but if they will actually help me is up to them. and knowing their record, they wont.

ReputationRep:
    I am now seeing my MH as something I live with as suppose to recover (cure) from. No more sodding around with meds that alter my personality, no more mucking around with stupid nhs therapy for you when they cancel and don't bother to tell you the day before or the morning before.

For me now so long as I keep myself busy with distractions, make mild adjustments to my life I live with it. To me its diabetes not a broken leg. If I have bad few weeks I have bad few weeks if I have a good few weeks I have good few weeks/hour/day/20 mins.

If I end up in crisis I will them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DLA came through! :banana:

(Original post by alexyyyy)
    Thank you for your nice comment. I am struggling to make it in today due to my OCD but I hope support will be in place for next week. I am really trying and am reading up about all the lectures at home! I have talked to my additional learning support mentor. Thank you again.
    No problem. Sounds like you're really trying to make a go of it with uni - best of luck to you!

(Original post by IDukem)
    I hope not, I really like it here :'-) I can classify some of you as a friend, that's how much this means to me

I'm sorry I can be too eccentric at times, I'm sorry I'm not the best advice giver, I'm sorry that I can be a broken record at times, I'm sorry I say the wrong things from time to time, I'm sorry I can over-compliment. Most of the time, especially in regards to the last one, I do it because I care about...well...you(everyone)

I try man...I do try...I do.
    Good to have you about the place. :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :hugs: Try not to worry too much, it's so easily done! A lot of receptionists aren't as nice as they should be and it's easy to panic :sadnod:

You came back :gah:

Good to see you on here, sweetie. And can totally empathise with your predicament of being in love with someone unavailable. Tiz fun, isn't it? :nopity:
    He didn't say anything about it but I couldn't think straight and didn't mention most of what I needed to mention (including MH stuff) and he was kind of unhelpful too when he normally is and now just feel even worse than I did before I went :cry2: Also just been offered two weeks work experience in London which is amazing but I really couldn't cope with it at the minute so don't know what to say to them cus I want to do it Sorry about the rant there, hope you're ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    but if they will actually help me is up to them. and knowing their record, they wont.
    But have you tried?
    Iv found i have to be pro active about my mental health, or it wont improve in the slightest. And its suprising how helpful can be when they know the FULL story. I genuinly think youl be pleasently suprised if you ask.
    Maybe your form tutor wasnt fully listening and thought you were just stressed, have you been back and explained?
    Do you know who your pastoral support is in your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But have you tried?
    Iv found i have to be pro active about my mental health, or it wont improve in the slightest. And its suprising how helpful can be when they know the FULL story. I genuinly think youl be pleasently suprised if you ask.
    Maybe your form tutor wasnt fully listening and thought you were just stressed, have you been back and explained?
    Do you know who your pastoral support is in your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i only told him i was stressed. im not open at all about my mental health to my school, or my parents for that matter. Im not even dianogsed with anthing.

ReputationRep:
    i only told him i was stressed. im not open at all about my mental health to my school, or my parents for that matter. Im not even dianogsed with anthing.
    Then i feel he did the right thing for what you told him IMO.
    I wasnt honest with myself about my mental health for a long time, years infact and it hasnt done me any good whatsoever.
    Can i ask why you wont go to the drs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Then i feel he did the right thing for what you told him IMO.
    I wasnt honest with myself about my mental health for a long time, years infact and it hasnt done me any good whatsoever.
    Can i ask why you wont go to the drs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

all he did was make a ****ing list with deadlines, and apoxx timeings. and it made me worse, and i was trying to ell that to him and he wouldnt listen.

im too scared to go to my docs.

ReputationRep:
    all he did was make a ****ing list with deadlines, and apoxx timeings. and it made me worse, and i was trying to ell that to him and he wouldnt listen.

im too scared to go to my docs.
    But for someone presenting with stress that is a perfectly acceptable tool to help them, i know when i get stressed i write out deadlines and stuff to help me.

What specifically are you scared about?
    We could help because i dont know anyone on here that WASNT scared to initially go to the drs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But for someone presenting with stress that is a perfectly acceptable tool to help them, i know when i get stressed i write out deadlines and stuff to help me.

We could help because i dont know anyone on here that WASNT scared to initially go to the drs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Totally agree with you on all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    am ok! a bit stressed but having a better day today! about to sleep now! my eyes look dreadful! :sad:

how about you!? do you feel better today :hugs:

i will reply to you tomorrow! im off to bed!

Good Night! and sleep well honey! :hugs:

(and i posted this anon because ive never used anon feature before! :mmm:)

Sorry for the late reply hun,been so stressed.
    Hope you're ok. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

deadlines and stuff doesnt help me. it just akes meeven more stressed, even more filled by anxiety.

im just scared. and i cant go. sorry. sorry for letting everyone down. sorry for wasting everyones time.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The peeps on here (especially TLG :love: ) can vouch for this- I was a wreck when I went to my doctors. An absolute wreck. And it literally took MONTHS to get me to make an appointment. But I realised that with MH stuff, if you want to get better you have to be proactive about it. If you had a the symptoms of diabetes, would you put off going to the gp? Of course not! You dont want to wait until you're at crisis point lovely. :nah: Ive been there too many times and its not good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    deadlines and stuff doesnt help me. it just akes meeven more stressed, even more filled by anxiety.

im just scared. and i cant go. sorry. sorry for letting everyone down. sorry for wasting everyones time.
    I know what it's like to be scared (I even managed to make myself go to the doctors this morning and STILL didn't talk about it!) but I promise, it's helped loads of people here and it'll help you, and me. Could you write him a letter or a list or tell a sibling or something? That's how my sister went, by telling me and me helping her to go and because I knew when her appointment was she felt like she had to. I should really do the same with her but don't want to put any more pressure on than she already has

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    The peeps on here (especially TLG :love: ) can vouch for this- I was a wreck when I went to my doctors. An absolute wreck. And it literally took MONTHS to get me to make an appointment. But I realised that with MH stuff, if you want to get better you have to be proactive about it. If you had a the symptoms of diabetes, would you put off going to the gp? Of course not! You dont want to wait until you're at crisis point lovely. :nah: Ive been there too many times and its not good.

i cant get past the fear, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I know what it's like to be scared (I even managed to make myself go to the doctors this morning and STILL didn't talk about it!) but I promise, it's helped loads of people here and it'll help you, and me. Could you write him a letter or a list or tell a sibling or something? That's how my sister went, by telling me and me helping her to go and because I knew when her appointment was she felt like she had to. I should really do the same with her but don't want to put any more pressure on than she already has

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont think i can. sorry. sorry for verything. sorry for just brushing everything away. i just cant do it at all and i feel so useless for being useless.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.