Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think it's what happens when we bring in players that have already won things and command big fees. Or our existing players get pay rises. It means that our players don't try

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you guys love to finish 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans:

If Ozil breaks the Henry assist record, is this season a success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Literally every one of your rivals has ****ed up this season, you've had pretty much a free run at the league title for the first time in years and you STILL find a way to end up 4th. At this stage i'm convinced that the Arsenal board want to finish 4th for the extra 2 games of revenue from the play offs.

Fortunately for you we have Van Gaal and we're too **** to overtake you.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Nah I think it's what happens when we bring in players that have already won things and command big fees. Or our existing players get pay rises. It means that our players don't try
    What do you suggest?

(Original post by sr90)
    Literally every one of your rivals has ****ed up this season
    True. You could say the same about every other "big" club. Arsenal are nothing special in that respect. (Or any other respect, haha.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    What do you suggest?
    easy. New manager, New players, New transfer policy, bingo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Literally every one of your rivals has ****ed up this season, you've had pretty much a free run at the league title for the first time in years and you STILL find a way to end up 4th. At this stage i'm convinced that the Arsenal board want to finish 4th for the extra 2 games of revenue from the play offs.

Despite the extra money from coming 3rd is more than the profit made from those 2 games? Nah fam. Board just enjoys certainty. Thwy don't care if it's 1st or 4th and cl r16 or winners so long as they have certainty over average results. Buzzing for our next payment to Kroenke, he's really earned it this year....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    easy. New manager, New players, New transfer policy, bingo.
    That's fine, but how is that going to solve the problem you have with the payscale?

ReputationRep:
    All too predictable, everyone just knew what was going to happen in this game, and the last, and the one before that. There needs to be an inquest this summer - useless, underperforming, and overpaid players such as walcott, ox and co. need to go. They have had too long to establish themselves, making very little progress in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

I wouldn't be so sure. Genuinely think you've got a good shot at taking 4th from us. This season has just shown up all of Wengers faults, and the fact that Leicester or worse Spurs will win the league proves he just needs to walk away.

Thankfully I'm old enough that I'll remember Wenger for 98, 02 and 04 but a hell of a lot of people won't, he's just destroying his legacy.

ReputationRep:
    Thought you were certs to finish second. silly of me to think you wouldn't go back to your beloved 4th place!

If you had matched the last two season's point totals it may have been enough to win the league. As it stands, 75 points maximum is never happening with Spurs and Leicester so far in front.

ReputationRep:
    Went as expected didn't it? It's like I said earlier, Arsenal are in a bit of a state when their own fans think they've got a fearfully hard run-in.

Over 20 shots or something? And how many on target or a real chance? 5 even? Threw it away themselves.

(Original post by AliRizzo)
    You look like a right f*cking tit
    You're saying this in response to me saying starting a post with an insult or posturing gives me no reason to read any further. Not very smart.

So there goes your benefit of doubt and any chance of me reading a reply from you next time, on purpose anyway. I'm here to talk, not have mindless rants with people who use forums to argue for the sake of arguing or self-esteem issues.

ReputationRep:
    :dice:

What the **** is the PL this year eh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I wouldn't be so sure. Genuinely think you've got a good shot at taking 4th from us. This season has just shown up all of Wengers faults, and the fact that Leicester or worse Spurs will win the league proves he just needs to walk away.

Thankfully I'm old enough that I'll remember Wenger for 98, 02 and 04 but a hell of a lot of people won't, he's just destroying his legacy.
    We still play Leicester & West Ham as well as Norwich away. We'll lose at least 2 of them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh, and I just saw this on Spurs Twitter. Jesus ****ing christ.

]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    That's fine, but how is that going to solve the problem you have with the payscale?
    -Replacing the manager with one that doesn't demand so much money
    -Replacing the players on huge wages that do F all (and there are plenty of those this season)
    -Dropping out of the champions league because we are a waste of space there
    -And being smart with our transfers I.e. buying nothing players who actually want to play football, and utilising their strengths

All will reduce the money us fans spend to watch season after season of car crash football. It's not hard to fill a 60k stadium if we do when charging the most expensive tickets in Europe. Yes it might still be more expensive than the likes of Barca and Bayern because we're in a part of London where shiekhs and oligarchs control most of the land, and that's something we can't do anything about.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Elneny and Coquelin has to be one of the most uncreative central midfield partnerships in the top half, if not the entire league. You need a replacement for Cazorla.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Elneny and Coquelin has to be one of the most uncreative central midfield partnerships in the top half, if not the entire league. You need a replacement for Cazorla.
    Definitely - we've missed Cazorla way too much.

Since he's been out we've completely lost control in the middle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ Barcelona's bottle though, they're losing again

Will probably win though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    * 4rsenal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.