The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iMacJack
Where have the Edexcel boundaries gone please

Just search it up on their website, its not even a problem now to find it but yeah if you were here at midnigth, it wasnt on their wrbsite and someone posted the l9nk because they found it anf everyone though it was fake lol
Original post by igotnomoney
Just search it up on their website, its not even a problem now to find it but yeah if you were here at midnigth, it wasnt on their wrbsite and someone posted the l9nk because they found it anf everyone though it was fake lol

Now follow that link and where does it go..?
Needed ABB now BCC, fell in love with Exeter so I don't really know what to do, have a serious lack of motivation for any other university, especially as accommodation is limited too :frown:

In a bad mood and now have my trial shift at work so I don't know how to act i'm just lost
Original post by kingLAWZA
Needed ABB now BCC, fell in love with Exeter so I don't really know what to do, have a serious lack of motivation for any other university, especially as accommodation is limited too :frown:

In a bad mood and now have my trial shift at work so I don't know how to act i'm just lost

You don't know your grades yet.

What subject are you hoping to study?
I'm the same. Have my heart set on Southampton but know i won't make my offer :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Now follow that link and where does it go..?

Lloooool I realised soz...
literally so done for AS results, teachers+parents have such high expectations and there is no chance of them being met fml
Original post by PQ
You don't know your grades yet.

What subject are you hoping to study?

Computer Science, i've wanted to read up on it throughout the summer but the thought of not getting to Uni has just made me avoid it as it seems pointless
Original post by espicton98
literally so done for AS results, teachers+parents have such high expectations and there is no chance of them being met fml

My parents are like "you'll be fine...what will be will be"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
Is everyone collecting results first or checking track?😂

I'm getting results first!
Anyone else *****ing aqa Chemistry unit 4? 76/100 for an A FML!!

also the chem6 empa has 3 mark grade boundaries :'(
Original post by mgill17
I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though

Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels?

What are your firm entry requirements, by the way?
Original post by Absent Agent
AQA mark schemes and examiners' reports.

MVP!!
Original post by mgill17
I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though

Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels.

Original post by Lularose83
Aqa A psychology students- what do you think about the grade boundaries (A2)?

I think PSYA4 is decent - 61 for an A* which I am DESPERATE for, or at least an A (that's the only Psychology result I need, as I took PSYA3 last year - this year is a retake for PSYA4). But I mean, the annoying thing about AQA Psychology is you think you've done well but their making is sooo harsh :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mgill17

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels.

I think PSYA4 is decent - 61 for an A* which I am DESPERATE for, or at least N A (that's the only Psychology result I need, as I took PSYA3 last year - this year is a retake for PSYA4). But I mean, the annoying thing about AQA Psychology is you think you've done well but their making is sooo harsh :frown:
Original post by Absent Agent
AQA mark schemes and examiners' reports.
MVP!!

I think PSYA4 is decent - 61 for an A* which I am DESPERATE for, or at least N A (that's the only Psychology result I need, as I took PSYA3 last year - this year is a retake for PSYA4). But I mean, the annoying thing about AQA Psychology is you think you've done well but their making is sooo harsh :frown:

Quick Reply