Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it really a bad thing to open the alcohol at 1pm in the afternoon? Cos I'm seriously considering it
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Is it really a bad thing to open the alcohol at 1pm in the afternoon? Cos I'm seriously considering it
Bah. I've done it before! What's your tipple of choice?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
Bah. I've done it before! What's your tipple of choice?
Got a bottle of Archers tucked away under my bed. Seriously considering opening it. Can't take much more of this life
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got a bottle of Archers tucked away under my bed. Seriously considering opening it. Can't take much more of this life
:hugs:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Alcohol causes more problems than it solves. Sure it's nice to feel drunk but when you're sober again the problems will still be there only you'll have a massive hangover at the same time.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes you can. You've got more going for you than I do! You're younger. You've still got your special friend! You might have dropped out of uni, but you've still made friends through it, right? You had enough initiative to go out and apply for jobs and other courses. You said you like cars didn't you? At least you've got enthusiasm for something! You've actually got somewhere to call home too. That's something I miss
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)

Alcohol causes more problems than it solves. Sure it's nice to feel drunk but when you're sober again the problems will still be there only you'll have a massive hangover at the same time.
I know But if it could take the pain and jealousy away for even half an hour I'd feel better
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes you can. You've got more going for you than I do! You're younger. You've still got your special friend! You might have dropped out of uni, but you've still made friends through it, right? You had enough initiative to go out and apply for jobs and other courses. You said you like cars didn't you? At least you've got enthusiasm for something! You've actually got somewhere to call home too. That's something I miss
I don't really talk to anyone from uni anymore. One or two but that's only very very occassionally. I don't think of them as friends as they're not there for me when I need them and I can't talk to them about stuff. Friends from home rarely speak to me now either even when I try talking to them.

I've stopped looking for jobs because I'll never get one and I'm too anxious to have interviews or make friends and I'd just mess up anyway.

I like cars but don't have one now and that's just materialistic anyway.

Home is hell and mum is starting to charge me rent which i can't afford.

My special friend has gone back to cyprus and i'm so jealous of the people there who get to see him everyday and i'm confused as to why he likes someone else from england and would be with her but wouldn't be with me even though according to him i'd be the perfect girlfriend and he loves and cares for me.

So all in all, I have nothing really at all
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm having a lovely day. I've been for a long walk in the snow and now I'm warming up again with a cup of tea and some chocolate digestives. Snow makes me happy. I should move to the Arctic and never be depressed again, ever!
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really talk to anyone from uni anymore. One or two but that's only very very occassionally. I don't think of them as friends as they're not there for me when I need them and I can't talk to them about stuff. Friends from home rarely speak to me now either even when I try talking to them.

I've stopped looking for jobs because I'll never get one and I'm too anxious to have interviews or make friends and I'd just mess up anyway.

I like cars but don't have one now and that's just materialistic anyway.

Home is hell and mum is starting to charge me rent which i can't afford.

My special friend has gone back to cyprus and i'm so jealous of the people there who get to see him everyday and i'm confused as to why he likes someone else from england and would be with her but wouldn't be with me even though according to him i'd be the perfect girlfriend and he loves and cares for me.

So all in all, I have nothing really at all
Aw you :hugs: How many people do you have that you can call friends?
You still have friends on here at least. We're all in the same boat, after all. Is there anyone on here who lives nearby to you? As for that guy, I don't know what advice I can give. Moving on and forgetting him is going to be painful unless you can replace him with someone.
As for that materialist comment, if you've got an interest just pursue it! whatever it is! anything that gives you some kind of vague joy is worth pursuing.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I'm having a lovely day. I've been for a long walk in the snow and now I'm warming up again with a cup of tea and some chocolate digestives. Snow makes me happy. I should move to the Arctic and never be depressed again, ever!
:hugs: glad you're feeling happy hunny! Don't move to the Arctic though! It's far too cold!

I've just opened the Archers and am commenting on photos on Facebook. For some reason, it's stopped the tears. No doubt it will only be temporary though but better than nothing. Jealousy and envy are horrible horrible emotions and I wish they didn't exist.

On a side note...anyone know how to fix blurry photos?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aw you :hugs: How many people do you have that you can call friends?
You still have friends on here at least. We're all in the same boat, after all. Is there anyone on here who lives nearby to you? As for that guy, I don't know what advice I can give. Moving on and forgetting him is going to be painful unless you can replace him with someone.
As for that materialist comment, if you've got an interest just pursue it! whatever it is! anything that gives you some kind of vague joy is worth pursuing.
It's difficult to say. I mean, there's Louisa and Em who I count as friends because I've known them since I was 7 but they leave me out of stuff and don't understand me. Then there are 4 girls from my 6th form who I keep in touch with but again, they all think I'm an idiot for feeling down and they don't understand how hard it is for me. They leave me out of stuff aswell. Then there's Rob who is an absolute star and has been through hell and back himself so I can talk to him a lot but at the minute he thinks I should just pull myself together and then there's Gavin. Most of the time, the only people I can really talk to are you guys in here and I feel bad about that.

As for my interest in VWs...I don't even know where to begin with pursuing it and no doubt people would think I was a loser for it anyway. I feel like such a weirdo. Going out on Saturday night was so hard. I mean, the people I was with (gav's friends) were really nice and made me feel welcome but then I had nothing to talk about and there were soooooooo many pretty girls out and I just felt like none of the guys would even look twice at me. (Not that I'm looking but it made me feel pretty **** about myself)

I've opened the Archers....it's good stuff
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anyone on here who lives nearby to you? .
I think I do when I'm home
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
can't drink, I'm on alcohol ban.

you spelt it right.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
can't drink, I'm on alcohol ban.

you spelt it right.
why are you on a ban? says who? i've only had 2 shots of archers but woah my head hurts. might have more in a minute but we'll see.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
because i have trampolining and gymnastics competitions coming up
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah, fair enough hun.

I'm so proud of myself...just managed to eat dinner Wasn't hungry and the thought of eating makes me feel sick but I managed to block it out and eat so Mum didn't shout at me. Now I'm back in bed with the bottle of archers
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's probably not a good idea to just sit there drinking alone. Especially when it's Archers.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have no one to drink with and nothing else to do though Plus it's numbing the pain and the thought of what he might be doing with her now
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have no one to drink with and nothing else to do though Plus it's numbing the pain and the thought of what he might be doing with her now
know that feeling all too well.
got a friend you can phone for a chat maybe? or read a book? something that will really distract you.
I phoned my ex a couple of days after he dumped me for this other girl and she answered the phone all breathless and giggly, they were clearly in the middle of things. The only thing that could get it out of my head was drinking and talking to my best mate on the phone about other stuff.
nothing's going to miraculously fix anything. that includes drinking it away.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.01%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.39%

Watched Threads