15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    I assume boundaries will release at 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlPatronus)
    :wave:

ReputationRep:
    These results are like schrodinger's cat :nyan: . I don't want to open them, as at the moment I can still have the hope of getting in to my firm.

(Original post by knowledgecorruptz)
    Law, English and Classics. Incidentally I applied for Economics.

Idiots exist everywhere; some are just cleverer than others. If you want to be considered an "intellectual", read Dostoevsky. I read that crap back in year 11. Had a notepad an a dictionary next to me. My vocabulary is now incredibly vast. Did I get any cleverer reading that stuff? Hell no. Do people treat me like I did? Yup!

Throw in a big word here and there and people become infatuated. I used the term "onomastic incongruity" in my Cambridge interview and tbh that's probably what got me the offer. People don't like to admit it but we're all hugely amenable to cognitive prejudice. Many intellectuals are full of **** - especially in the social sciences.
    Obviously I'm going to think you're clever if you can use posh words that I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Taking results day stress to the next level, I would never commit suicide because results that is just utterly stupid, especially if its to do with 100ums boundaries O_o
    Oh I see. I agree with you there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Often as a result of their degee, mind.
    Well there you go. You see other graduates from other universities not having a wide vocabulary, but Oxbridge graduates do.

ReputationRep:
    Does this feel like part of results day to anyone else? It feels like the wait is finally over.

(Original post by kidomo)
    It is not only Oxbridge that graduates people who have a way with words.....But, yes, certainly the Oxford graduates that I have encountered on TSR write very neatly and concisely. They pick their words carefully.
    Exactly, they're better educated and more intelligent.

(Original post by kidomo)
    :rofl: Gotta love your controversial remarks!
    Hardly controversial.

ReputationRep:
    Dear AQA,

You know how you are the greatest exam board ever, do you fancy releasing your grade boundaries before I have to go to work today. It would save me worrying a great deal!!

Yours Sincerely

One of many anxious A Level students who you are torturing by making the agonising wait for the boundaries longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Dear AQA,

You know how you are the greatest exam board ever, do you fancy releasing your grade boundaries before I have to go to work today. It would save me worrying a great deal!!

Yours Sincerely

One of many anxious A Level students who you are torturing by making the agonising wait for the boundaries longer.
    8AM,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06bmabbutt)
    I'm pretty sure you'd have a B for that exam, you're over the B mark but not high enough to reach the A grade if you have less than 50 (the minimum for an A)
    All right. Thanks!

(Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    What a rude thing to say!
    How is it rude? It's the truth that I have accepted (or have had to accept) for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    Good morning guys! The wait is almost over but damn the nervousness has gone waaay up! :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    should I look at grade boundaries i might regret this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well there you go. Oxbridge graduates are too good for certain firms. Their loss.
    Are you stupid?

If you saw my earlier topic on this you would we that I said that the course is a bad route into industry. A uni doesn't make you who you are. Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was it 8am in jan ? Shall we just expect some point today they will appear! Haha the suspense....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-...-june-2013.pdf ocr grade boundaries are up!

(Original post by FoodForThought)
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-...-june-2013.pdf ocr grade boundaries are up!
    Oh ****, they have the raw marks on there.... It really is the document.

ReputationRep:
    AQA boundries if people are looking for them

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...-JUNE-2013.PDF

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.