Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's pre-Emirates Cup conference was quite encouraging, if true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Wenger's pre-Emirates Cup conference was quite encouraging, if true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I wanna seen Sanogo in action, I didn't really see anything special from him during the U20 WC but then again the supply at sometimes was pretty poor. I just want him to be a clinical finisher.

For those who havent seen it you can watch it here http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ines-and-video

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very encouraging press conference after a quiet few days. Sounds like we're still after Suarez and a few other targets. He openly said he wants to bring players in which is a relief.

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally post tweets but I can't resist posting this one:

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 14s

Hearing both Chamakh & Gervinho have gone. That's gotta be worth a cup of tea in celebration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    I don't normally post tweets but I can't resist posting this one:

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 14s

Hearing both Chamakh & Gervinho have gone. That's gotta be worth a cup of tea in celebration.
    Good news, Geoff's info is the only one I trust. Gervinho will do well at Roma

ReputationRep:
    nice to see Gervinho gone but more happy with Chamakh gone tbh, he was just sitting there like squilacci

ReputationRep:
    Loooool Arsenal fans are just hilarious. Yesterday everyone was calling for Wenger's head and now they're all 'In Arsene We trust' after he said he's still keen on signing Suarez and negotiations are ongoing. Ahhh funny guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Loooool Arsenal fans are just hilarious. Yesterday everyone was calling for Wenger's head and now they're all 'In Arsene We trust' after he said he's still keen on signing Suarez and negotiations are ongoing. Ahhh funny guys.
    All football clubs will have fickle fans, don't tar all with the same brush.

ReputationRep:
    Because we wanted to hear something from him and that's exactly what he's done hence we're feeling better and hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rumours going round that Soldado has failed his medical. Please God let this be true. Best Christmas present ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Yet it's absolutely fine for people like Zurich to bleat on in that fashion? If you truly believed in that mantra, you'd tell him to shut up when he goes off on one with Chelsea, City or United fans.

ReputationRep:
    Really wish the other fans would just shut up about how crap this thread is. Whine about this thread being boring and predictable and then turns out to be the fourth highest poster on it...

Anyway, Gervinho leaving to Roma would be a good move but it means we have to get another winger in, and a quality one at that. Chamakh is always welcome to leave, but the person really doing my nut in is Bendtner, What a class A ****. How many deals have fallen through supposedly because of his refusal to drop his wage demands.

Also, I just found out our Emirates' deal gives them both main shirt and training kit contracts until 2018, but we're also tied with the stadium name Emirates until 2028. Don't really mind the name but I thought the naming rights to new stadium would be the most lucrative part of the deal? Kinda makes the whole £150M deal seem less impressive tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Rumours going round that Soldado has failed his medical. Please God let this be true. Best Christmas present ever
    Smells like desperation :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Really wish the other fans would just shut up about how crap this thread is. Whine about this thread being boring and predictable and then turns out to be the fourth highest poster on it...

Anyway, Gervinho leaving to Roma would be a good move but it means we have to get another winger in, and a quality one at that. Chamakh is always welcome to leave, but the person really doing my nut in is Bendtner, What a class A ****. How many deals have fallen through supposedly because of his refusal to drop his wage demands.

Also, I just found out our Emirates' deal gives them both main shirt and training kit contracts until 2018, but we're also tied with the stadium name Emirates until 2028. Don't really mind the name but I thought the naming rights to new stadium would be the most lucrative part of the deal? Kinda makes the whole £150M deal seem less impressive tbh.
    We really don't tbh. He's basically been a August-January player for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    I hear what you're saying but it's just so much worse at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the match tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I mean in my previous posts. What point are you trying to make by coming on an Arsenal thread and saying that us fans are hilarious other than to provoke a reaction? Obviously you've succeeded in this case as you've got a response from me.

Football has become hilarious not us Arsenal fans. Its hilarious to think that people are criticising us for not spending money and praising the likes of Madrid for supposedly having ambition by spending £100m on a single player. Its hilarious to see people complain about our manager that has lasted 16 years while other clubs sack managers after only a single season in charge. Its hilarious to see some clubs run into administration while we pay off our stadium debts entirely by ourselves. Most of all though its hilarious to read posts like yours as you clearly dont understand football let alone Arsenal as a club.

ReputationRep:
    Completely different topic, but something I'm curious about: I read somewhere that someone said injuries got worse at Arsenal after Gary Lewin left. Does anyone know if there are statistics available somewhere for injuries per season or over the course of each season (for the club as a whole, compared to other clubs) ? I'd be curious to see if there is anything interesting to be found here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    This is exactly what I mean in my previous posts. What point are you trying to make by coming on an Arsenal thread and saying that us fans are hilarious other than to provoke a reaction? Obviously you've succeeded in this case as you've got a response from me.

Football has become hilarious not us Arsenal fans. Its hilarious to think that people are criticising us for not spending money and praising the likes of Madrid for supposedly having ambition by spending £100m on a single player. Its hilarious to see people complain about our manager that has lasted 16 years while other clubs sack managers after only a single season in charge. Its hilarious to see some clubs run into administration while we pay off our stadium debts entirely by ourselves. Most of all though its hilarious to read posts like yours as you clearly dont understand football let alone Arsenal as a club.
    Strangely, I thought he supported Arsenal himself? I mainly remember him posting in this thread and going through his post history recently, the majority of posts are in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz_Kebabz)
    Anyone going to the match tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was planing to go because club level tickets are so cheap but Galatasaray seriously deterred me. Some of their fans are absolute trouble making scum. Poor decision by Arsenal to invite them considering Galatasaray's history with English teams. If Suarez was playing for Arsenal I might have reconsidered

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.