Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    See I told you lot nothing's happening so chill. 3 weeks ago we were so happy now everyone's back to typical Arsenal panic.

image upload

ReputationRep:
    If Cesc did go to Chelsea we only have our selves to blame. It's not going to happen though and you have to remember that a deal with Chelsea has to be agreed before we can even move in

Still though, if Madrid get Suarez, I think Di maria would be the better signing. And no, Wenger is not going to sign both Di Maria and Cesc in one window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    Only 32m for Costa?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27704137

Why didn't we go for him!?
    Shares an agent with Mourinho, was always going to be virtually impossible to sign him from under Chelsea's noses.

(Original post by Kruz)
    See I told you lot nothing's happening so chill. 3 weeks ago we were so happy now everyone's back to typical Arsenal panic.

image upload
    Another exotic sounding name who knows nothing. I swear people think Balague is ITK just because he's Spanish. Chats a lot of ****. Said Özil was going to United on penultimate day of last summers transfer window for example.

ReputationRep:

Wenger pls.

pls

Why don't we go in for Cavani either

ReputationRep:

Also this one. Not for Ballotelli's sake but listen to that cringey yank on commentary

ReputationRep:
    Italy let in a late equaliser against Luxembourg of all teams. Looks like the England v Italy match could go either way now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Also this one. Not for Ballotelli's sake but listen to that cringey yank on commentary
    ****ing Americans man, **** commentary. So happy I don't live in the USA the commentary must be dire.

(Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Shares an agent with Mourinho, was always going to be virtually impossible to sign him from under Chelsea's noses.

Another exotic sounding name who knows nothing. I swear people think Balague is ITK just because he's Spanish. Chats a lot of ****. Said Özil was going to United on penultimate day of last summers transfer window for example.
    Yeah but journalists make mistake, you can't expect them to get every transfer, But granted he did chat a lot **** that day about the Ozil deal, he said he rejected us for Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the end of the world if we don't get Cesc but lord almighty, if we don't strengthen...

ReputationRep:
    if we pass on cesc we better be signin some talent. aint havin no poverty ligue1 crew coming through, will stand at the emirates to deny access if that happens.

ReputationRep:
    No it can't happen. Surely it can't.

Costa just completed his medical at Chelsea, surely they'll only buy one marquee player right? Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? Not at the same time anyway. So if a fee has been agreed, and it's as low as it's been suggested, then it should be us.. Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? N

That's a double/treble winning team right there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    No it can't happen. Surely it can't.

Costa just completed his medical at Chelsea, surely they'll only buy one marquee player right? Wouldn't go for costa and Fabregas would they? Not at the same time anyway. So if a fee has been agreed, and it's as low as it's been suggested, then it should be us.. Right?

Why not? They need a striker and they need a CM! Would make perfect sense.
    This is Chelsea, so no. They've already got Sideshow Bob on the way out and PSG are mug enough to pay £50m for him, Chelsea are laughing!!

They could have quite easily done Cesc's medical at the same time tbf, but this whole story is now turning into a saga of he said/she said. Until I see something confirmed in either teams website I won't believe nada, even Sky and the BBC have been a bit off with what they know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Why not? They need a striker and they need a CM! Would make perfect sense.
    This is Chelsea, so no. They've already got Sideshow Bob on the way out and PSG are mug enough to pay £50m for him, Chelsea are laughing!!

They could have quite easily done Cesc's medical at the same time tbf, but this whole story is now turning into a saga of he said/she said. Until I see something confirmed in either teams website I won't believe nada, even Sky and the BBC have been a bit off with what they know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's becoming really irritating now. Apparently Ox is injured? And I'm hearing for a long time. Typical, and we should definately prepare for loads more injuries.

Anyone that says we don't need depth everywhere have no idea

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side though, Gazidis is telling us we're already in talks with our targets.

Hopefully, he means Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier.

Yay!

:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    On the plus side though, Gazidis is telling us we're already in talks with our targets.

Hopefully, he means Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier.

Yay!

:/
    At most we'd ever get 1 of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    At most we'd ever get 1 of them
    Swear to god if we don't get cesc, we best get at least two world class signings to give me a real good reason not to start going on a killing spree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Swear to god if we don't get cesc, we best get at least two world class signings to give me a real good reason not to start going on a killing spree
    Di maria can you imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    It's becoming really irritating now. Apparently Ox is injured? And I'm hearing for a long time. Typical, and we should definately prepare for loads more injuries.

Anyone that says we don't need depth everywhere have no idea
    The Ox was initially being reported as an ACL, which he torn against Villa, the first time last season. If that's the case it's at least 4 months out for him, depending on the grade of the injury.

Things like ACLs and broken bones shouldn't be blamed on the medical team though, you can't factor in those kind of things, they are just unfortunate. However, when you're flying Welshman is out for 3 months due to a thigh strain and you're £42m playmaker is injured within the first 5 minutes of a game, says absolutely nothing about it, then you have a problem. Both of those were caused by overplaying and most muscle tears and strains are, especially because our squad size is so small, players are brought back too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Di maria can you imagine
    As much as I adore his talents, the guy gets pushed and shoved about in the La Liga like he's a little *****.

Imagine what the premier league, with teams like Stoke would do to him? I swear he looks like he'll snap lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    The Ox was initially being reported as an ACL, which he torn against Villa, the first time last season. If that's the case it's at least 4 months out for him, depending on the grade of the injury.

Things like ACLs and broken bones shouldn't be blamed on the medical team though, you can't factor in those kind of things, they are just unfortunate. However, when you're flying Welshman is out for 3 months due to a thigh strain and you're £42m playmaker is injured within the first 5 minutes of a game, says absolutely nothing about it, then you have a problem. Both of those were caused by overplaying and most muscle tears and strains are, especially because our squad size is so small, players are brought back too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes exactly my point.

Signing cesc will not impair anyone's development. Our training and the amount of games we play really beg for squad depth. And if we want to be challenging for the league, then it needs to be world class depth.

We can't have a flamini and Arteta combo again

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.