Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    deadlines and stuff doesnt help me. it just akes meeven more stressed, even more filled by anxiety.

im just scared. and i cant go. sorry. sorry for letting everyone down. sorry for wasting everyones time.
    But they were doing what they thought was right for the situation.
    I really think you should talk to someone in your school.

Have you tried the link in the OP?
    I was terrified of going at first but it was actually people on here that pursuaded me to go to the drs!
    Your not letting anyone down at all and deffo not waising our time :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help! What do you do when you like/are in love with someone who is (dangerously) obsessed with you. We like each other but I trigger his psychosis but he still said he might eventually come to genuinely love me and marry me when he wasn't in one of his states (paranoid schiz, grandiose delusions etc). I have to keep away from him because I make him ill and he knows and understands that because I told him that myself. He literally can't be alone around me because he might do something and is very sexually attracted to me and gets physically aroused in my presence a lot. He's in pain because of his vicious cheating (ex-)girlfriend who is also troubled with mental health issues (NPD, BPD) and in his states has started to displace his anger on me. So they have to go to couples therapy to fix his pain. Whenever I talk to him I give him sound advice to make him better because even though it hurts me not to be with him it hurts me more that I make him ill.

Will a romantic relationship between us ever be possible? Do objects or people of obsession ever become 'normal' again or do we have to be removed from the perpetrator. We will all see each other next month and hopefully I won't trigger him. What can we do from then on. I'm being responsible by staying away and not contacting him but its so hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    But they were doing what they thought was right for the situation.
    I really think you should talk to someone in your school.

Have you tried the link in the OP?
    I was terrified of going at first but it was actually people on here that pursuaded me to go to the drs!
    Your not letting anyone down at all and deffo not waising our time :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have tried the link in the OP. didnt hlp.

i feel like i am though.

my school are uesless with everything, why would they help me.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i can. sorry. sorry for verything. sorry for just brushing everything away. i just cant do it at all and i feel so useless for being useless.
    Hun, in the nicest possible way, when it boils down to it you have two options. You either seek help (you've already done brilliantly talking to us! ) or you let things get worse and worse until help is forced on you and your consent goes out the window. :sadnod: Take it from someone who knows- it's horrendous having no control over what happens to you. Its awful. Its more frightning than going to an initial appointment will ever be. Please, please, please consider going to the doctors? We can help you with it!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i dont think i can. sorry. sorry for verything. sorry for just brushing everything away. i just cant do it at all and i feel so useless for being useless.
    Don't be sorry- as I said, I struggle with it and so did everyone here at one time or other, it doesn't make you useless at all :no: And being able to vent about things on here is definitely good so do that as much as you want :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    i have tried the link in the OP. didnt hlp.

i feel like i am though.

my school are uesless with everything, why would they help me.
    Did you know you can write notes on a paper about your issues and just hand it to the dr and you dont need to initiate the conversation?
    Also if your worried about your parents your drs are legally obliged to follow the patient confidentiality laws and cant tell anyone unless they have your permission or your at risk of harming yourself or others (even then its unlikely they would tell your parents)

I thought my school was useless and a waste of time until i opened up, they then gave me a weekly counselling session, were lenient with my behaviour, put me on a positive report so i had constant contact with teachers, and helped me with work, such as extra deadlines and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Hun, in the nicest possible way, when it boils down to it you have two options. You either seek help (you've already done brilliantly talking to us! ) or you let things get worse and worse until help is forced on you and your consent goes out the window. :sadnod: Take it from someone who knows- it's horrendous having no control over what happens to you. Its awful. Its more frightning than going to an initial appointment will ever be. Please, please, please consider going to the doctors? We can help you with it!
    i just cant atm. sorry.

(Original post by furryface12)
    Don't be sorry- as I said, I struggle with it and so did everyone here at one time or other, it doesn't make you useless at all :no: And being able to vent about things on here is definitely good so do that as much as you want :hugs:
    i just feel like i shoulnt be here. most here have been able to get help and i havent and it maks me feel awful. sorrry.

Did you know you can write notes on a paper about your issues and just hand it to the dr and you dont need to initiate the conversation?
    Also if your worried about your parents your drs are legally obliged to follow the patient confidentiality laws and cant tell anyone unless they have your permission or your at risk of harming yourself or others (even then its unlikely they would tell your parents)

I thought my school was useless and a waste of time until i opened up, they then gave me a weekly counselling session, were lenient with my behaviour, put me on a positive report so i had constant contact with teachers, and helped me with work, such as extra deadlines and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i just cant go to my doc. sorry.

cant tell my school, ether. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    i just cant atm. sorry.

i just feel like i shoulnt be here. most here have been able to get help and i havent and it maks me feel awful. sorrry.

Why cant you tell them? Whats stopping you?

ReputationRep:
    Why cant you tell them? Whats stopping you?

i just cant. im too scared.

ReputationRep:
    Feel horrible, have no friends.:cry2:

I see everyone having fun at my age and I'm just on my laptop 24/7 alone. :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i just cant atm. sorry.

You should be though, you have as much reason as any of us to be here and the fact that you haven't managed to get help yet probably means it's almost better for you to be able to talk to people here. Most people took at least a couple of months to get help and that's normal! Just think- and this is going to sound harsh and it's not meant to be, as I say it basically applies to myself too- you're unlikely to get better without talking to someone about it, whether it be your teacher, a counsellor, parents, a GP, anyone. You've spoken to people on here which is a big step, one which in itself took me months of not watching and later watching the thread to make myself do, and you managed to do that which is amazing and means you can talk to someone in real life too.

Sorry if that didn't make sense/came out wrong, really struggling to think straight right now and the fact that I can't really see as I've done somethiing stupid with my glasses in the hour and a half since I've been home isn't really helping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porridge510)
    Feel horrible, have no friends.:cry2:

I see everyone having fun at my age and I'm just on my laptop 24/7 alone. :cry2:
    :console:Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone is their own person and what other people think is 'fun' might not be fun to you. :grouphugs:
    P.S. I'm on my laptop 24/7 too

ReputationRep:
    i just cant. im too scared.
    What are you afraid will happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trekkin)
    :console:Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone is their own person and what other people think is 'fun' might not be fun to you. :grouphugs:
    P.S. I'm on my laptop 24/7 too

It just makes me feel really sad. I was considering going to uni just to make friends, i don't know if that's bad or not. But I don't have the qualifications for uni and it would at least take me 2 years. I don't even fully want to go to uni, I just want friends. :cry2:

I hate being alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    You should be though, you have as much reason as any of us to be here and the fact that you haven't managed to get help yet probably means it's almost better for you to be able to talk to people here. Most people took at least a couple of months to get help and that's normal! Just think- and this is going to sound harsh and it's not meant to be, as I say it basically applies to myself too- you're unlikely to get better without talking to someone about it, whether it be your teacher, a counsellor, parents, a GP, anyone. You've spoken to people on here which is a big step, one which in itself took me months of not watching and later watching the thread to make myself do, and you managed to do that which is amazing and means you can talk to someone in real life too.

Sorry if that didn't make sense/came out wrong, really struggling to think straight right now and the fact that I can't really see as I've done somethiing stupid with my glasses in the hour and a half since I've been home isn't really helping
    i cant talk to ayone in real life about this. sorry.

What are you afraid will happen?

i dont even know

ReputationRep:
    It just makes me feel really sad. I was considering going to uni just to make friends, i don't know if that's bad or not. But I don't have the qualifications for uni and it would at least take me 2 years. I don't even fully want to go to uni, I just want friends. :cry2:

I hate being alone.
    Is there anything in your immediate area that would be a sociable activity in which you could make friends? Or, if you want to stay on your laptop, you could join a social media site (I have made many friends on Tumblr, for example) or contribute to one of the threads in the 'Hobbies and Interests' section to find like-minded people.
    And, if all else fails, I'll be your friend :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i cant talk to ayone in real life about this. sorry.

i dont even know
    Were just worried that this can manifest and get very bad very quickly hun.

What exactly are you scared of about talking to people?

Everyone to start with is scared to talk about it in real life, as talking about it to someone makes it real. But unless you talk about it it wont get better. And mental health is very difficult to get better the longer it is there. Yes there isnt a quick fix, but there is so much help and support out there, and i really feel you will benefit from alot of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trekkin)
    Is there anything in your immediate area that would be a sociable activity in which you could make friends? Or, if you want to stay on your laptop, you could join a social media site (I have made many friends on Tumblr, for example) or contribute to one of the threads in the 'Hobbies and Interests' section to find like-minded people.
    And, if all else fails, I'll be your friend :yep:

I've thought about that, but I used to do social activities but never made any friends, I feel like I'm unlikeable.

Thank you so much. And I'd love to be friends. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Were just worried that this can manifest and get very bad very quickly hun.

What exactly are you scared of about talking to people?

Everyone to start with is scared to talk about it in real life, as talking about it to someone makes it real. But unless you talk about it it wont get better. And mental health is very difficult to get better the longer it is there. Yes there isnt a quick fix, but there is so much help and support out there, and i really feel you will benefit from alot of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont know why i am scared in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about that, but I used to do social activities but never made any friends, I feel like I'm unlikeable.

Thank you so much. And I'd love to be friends. :hugs:
    No, sweetheart, that's not true at all! Maybe the people that were there just didn't fit with you. It's by no means your fault.
    :jumphug: You got a friend in me :heart:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.