Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Mashallah a brother took shahadah today! Buzzing!
    Alhamdulilah. Happy to hear that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Qur'an [7:38]

Sahih International
    And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or denies His verses? Those will attain their portion of the decree until when Our messengers come to them to take them in death, they will say, "Where are those you used to invoke besides Allah ?" They will say, "They have departed from us," and will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers.

Qur'an [7:39]

Sahih International
    [ Allah ] will say, "Enter among nations which had passed on before you of jinn and mankind into the Fire." Every time a nation enters, it will curse its sister until, when they have all overtaken one another therein, the last of them will say about the first of them "Our Lord, these had misled us, so give them a double punishment of the Fire. He will say, "For each is double, but you do not know."

Qur'an [7:40]

Sahih International
    And the first of them will say to the last of them, "Then you had not any favor over us, so taste the punishment for what you used to earn."

Qur'an [7:41]

Sahih International
    Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals.

Qur'an [7:42]

Sahih International
    They will have from Hell a bed and over them coverings [of fire]. And thus do We recompense the wrongdoers.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

Lol, such a long time since I last posted. So, yesterday I was flipping through my friend's copy of this book called Purification of the Heart, by Hamza Yusuf. And I searched for the eBook version. I think these points are interesting;

Imam al-Ghazali says that there are three types of people: (i) People who worship God freely (ahrar), that is, they do so only for the sake of God and His pleasure - this includes those who are diligent in their worship to fulfill their covenant of obedience to God;

(2) people who worship like merchants (tujjar), looking to get something out of their worship (like praying a certain number of prayers in order to receive a known reward, like a palace in Heaven); and

(3) people who worship like slaves (3abid), who do it out of fear of the whip, specifically, fear of Hellfire. In the Quran, God encourages people to race for forgiveness, compete for Heaven, and the like. There are many verses that describe the terrors of Hellfire so that people will fear it and do all they can to be delivered from it. There are many verses that tell of the great beauties, rivers, and absolute peace of Paradise. This encourages people to be vigilant in their rites of worship and other obligations in order to reach the stations described so wonderfully in the Quran. Qadi Abu Bakr says that having desire for the Garden in the Hereafter or fearing Hell is an expression of akhlaq toward God, that is, good, wholesome, and proper comportment with God, for people are responding to what God has revealed.

[Source: Purification of the Heart, Hamza Yusuf, page 45-46 eBook]

I asked my friend who's been reading the book, is there any specific type of people who are 'right' or 'wrong' among the three, and she said that the book mentioned that it's okay to be either one of those

Spoiler:
    Show
    .. Also, I have my mocks going on for this week, do pray for me!
    and tomorrow I have Economics essays to write :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)

Lol, such a long time since I last posted. So, yesterday I was flipping through my friend's copy of this book called Purification of the Heart, by Hamza Yusuf. And I searched for the eBook version. I think these points are interesting;

Imam al-Ghazali says that there are three types of people: (i) People who worship God freely (ahrar), that is, they do so only for the sake of God and His pleasure - this includes those who are diligent in their worship to fulfill their covenant of obedience to God;

(2) people who worship like merchants (tujjar), looking to get something out of their worship (like praying a certain number of prayers in order to receive a known reward, like a palace in Heaven); and

(3) people who worship like slaves (3abid), who do it out of fear of the whip, specifically, fear of Hellfire. In the Quran, God encourages people to race for forgiveness, compete for Heaven, and the like. There are many verses that describe the terrors of Hellfire so that people will fear it and do all they can to be delivered from it. There are many verses that tell of the great beauties, rivers, and absolute peace of Paradise. This encourages people to be vigilant in their rites of worship and other obligations in order to reach the stations described so wonderfully in the Quran. Qadi Abu Bakr says that having desire for the Garden in the Hereafter or fearing Hell is an expression of akhlaq toward God, that is, good, wholesome, and proper comportment with God, for people are responding to what God has revealed.

I asked my friend who's been reading the book, is there any specific type of people who are 'right' or 'wrong' among the three, and she said that the book mentioned that it's okay to be either one of those

Spoiler:
    Show
    Wa alaikumassalaam great to see you post again and very good post JazakAllahu Khayrun.

May Allah make your exams easy for you and give you success Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Netanyahu says would oppose Palestinian statehood

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the idea of a Palestinian state, promising that he would not allow the creation of such a state if he wins another term in office.

“Whoever moves to establish a Palestinian state or intends to withdraw from territory is simply yielding territory for radical Islamic terrorist attacks against Israel,” he told Israeli news site NRG on Monday.He said that if he is re-elected to office, the Palestinians would not get the independent state they seek in the occupied West Bank, East al-Quds (Jerusalem) and Gaza.The remarks, made on the eve of Israel’s parliamentary elections, come as latest opinion polls indicate that Netanyahu’s ruling Likud party is behind the center-left Zionist Union coalition, an alliance of the Labor party, led by Isaac Herzog, and former Minister for Foreign Affairs Tzipi Livni’s Hatnua party.Polling stations opened at 7:00 am local time (5:00 GMT) on Tuesday, where eligible voters are electing a new 120-seat Israeli Knesset (parliament).

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/03/17/402220/Netanyahu-rules-out-Palestinian-statehood

My remarks:

It's quite interesting how Israel refuse the rights of Palestine to exist, when they themselves engage in war crimes and settle on land illegally. The US congress - pro-israel, pro-destabilizing Syria and the middle east , as well as Iran, but friends to Saudi Arabia, will truly cause devastation if they come to power. A puppet Obama may be, though i do not agree with a lot of things he does, one has to admire his stances and strength compared to the other's in the US political arena. Interestingly, public opinion is growing more and more in favour for the palestinians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)

Spoiler:
    Show
    What category would the majority of Muslims place themselves in do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Anjem Chaudhary is an Islamic scholar :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Al Kafi Volume one-

128–3. Muhammad ibn Yahyã (–) Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isã (–) Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Abi Nasr (–) Hammãd ibn ‘Uthmãn (–) Abu ‘Abdillãh (p.b.u.h.) as saying,

"The Messenger: of Allãh (p.b.u.h.a.h.p.) has observed: The ablest vizier (wazīr) of faith is knowledge, and the ablest vizier of knowledge is forbearance, and that of forbearance is kind-ness and of kindness is patience.'
    Sahih - Graded by Alama Majlisi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    X
    Salaam.
    Your avatar confused me a bit, thought I posted till I saw the name!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Salaam.
    Your avatar confused me a bit, thought I posted till I saw the name!!
    Walaikum Salam!

Sorry about that brother, i chose the most arab image i could find LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    x
    Please try to keep politics out of the isoc.
    Have some bassim

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see war from the perspective of a child.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    x
    Watch your wording bro. It seems as if you're attacking all non-Muslims there, I know you don't mean it but it just looks like it. Also you may get carded for linking specific people like that in here so best to edit

It's not really all non-muslims anyway just a specific few who love to throw around misinformation about Islam.

ReputationRep:
    AsalamUAlaikum! Maghrib time :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Watch your wording bro. It seems as if you're attacking all non-Muslims there, I know you don't mean it but it just looks like it. Also you may get carded for linking specific people like that in here so best to edit

It's not really all non-muslims anyway just a specific few who love to throw around misinformation about Islam.
    thanks lol the things some people come up with :yy:

(Original post by Enginerd.)
    AsalamUAlaikum! Maghrib time :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa alaikumussalaam. Yes bro start of a new day.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam

I'm doing R.E in school and the teacher gave me an exam question to complete, but I'm stuck and i need help

What does Islam say about abortion? Are there any circumstances when abortioan is allowed in Islam? what if pregnancy results from rape or incest?

ReputationRep:
    salaam

I wondering guys, are we allowed to wear the imamah/turban during hajj or umrah? I ask as it'd be good to protect the head from the heat and I always wanted to wear one but can't really in the UK

Name:  sh-ahmad-saad.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  69.0 KB

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.