This discussion is closed.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
Don't Tories love Starkey? I disagree with him and I still think he's a boss.
I just can't stand how angry he always seems to be.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
I just can't stand how angry he always seems to be.
But i love how he winds people up, insults people and courts controversy. I'd be pretty angry too if I had to deal with QT audiences.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But i love how he winds people up, insults people and courts controversy. I'd be pretty angry too if I had to deal with QT audiences.
Most of what he says is only controversial because we live in this stupid, overly PC, thou shalt not offend anybody world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Most of what he says is only controversial because we live in this stupid, overly PC, thou shalt not offend anybody world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. The only time he's crossed the line was with the whole "the whites have become blacks" thing. And even then you could tone down his language and make it a semi defensible position.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree. The only time he's crossed the line was with the whole "the whites have become blacks" thing. And even then you could tone down his language and make it a semi defensible position.
I'm unfamiliar with this one, although given what you've said I have a good idea what the rant was about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm unfamiliar with this one, although given what you've said I have a good idea what the rant was about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVq2bs8M9HM
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Andy Burnham fans trolling Liz Kendall :lol:

Actual site: http://www.lizforleader.com/
Unregistered site: http://www.lizforleader.co.uk/ (Content keeps changing - went through rick rolls and get lucky already )
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As per usual, perfectly sound.
The woman who was supposed to be mediating the debate didn't do her job very well.
Really annoys me though when people go on about how blacks are more likely to be searched and stuff. These same people probably don't have so much of an issue with it being Muslims in airports, and when you shift it to a totally race/gender/religion/sexuality etc neutral analogy they most likely kick up a fuss about how it's a bad analogy.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As per usual, perfectly sound.
The woman who was supposed to be mediating the debate didn't do her job very well.
Really annoys me though when people go on about how blacks are more likely to be searched and stuff. These same people probably don't have so much of an issue with it being Muslims in airports, and when you shift it to a totally race/gender/religion/sexuality etc neutral analogy they most likely kick up a fuss about how it's a bad analogy.
He doesn't have to talk about "black culture" to make his point there though. And I think his analysis was quite one way.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even so, it gets in the way of getting to the core of an issue.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even so, it gets in the way of getting to the core of an issue.
And who's to blame for that? The audience and other panelists for just trying to shout him down rather than listening to him because they disagree, or him for getting annoyed with never being able to get a word in after the first sentence?
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And who's to blame for that? The audience and other panelists for just trying to shout him down rather than listening to him because they disagree, or him for getting annoyed with never being able to get a word in after the first sentence?
It's his manner in provoking it that annoys me, combined with his frankly obscene hatred of women.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's his manner in provoking it that annoys me, combined with his frankly obscene hatred of women.
Eh?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As you all know, today not only marks my 1 year TSRversary, but also the day that I have got my new glasses.

I once took a vow that I would never ever wear glasses, and so it is with huge regret that I am now doing so - albeit for screen use and reading (which in my case might as well be 24/7!)

Because of these two events, champagne will be freely available (on my tab) until 6am, to celebrate my TSRversary, and whisky will be served to comissorate my broken promise!

Anyway, how've everyone's days been?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
As you all know, today not only marks my 1 year TSRversary, but also the day that I have got my new glasses.

I once took a vow that I would never ever wear glasses, and so it is with huge regret that I am now doing so - albeit for screen use and reading (which in my case might as well be 24/7!)

Because of these two events, champagne will be freely available (on my tab) until 6am, to celebrate my TSRversary, and whisky will be served to comissorate my broken promise!

Happy Anniversary! One year, 18,204 posts. That is quite an achievement!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, free ****.

Today has been better than yesterday, but tomorrow will be better still (more time for witcher and hopefully I'll have sorted some of the graphical bugs too) with the possibility of a massive piss up
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I remember my TSRiversary :daydreaming:

Shame you aren't really active...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Happy Anniversary! One year, 18,204 posts. That is quite an achievement!
Haha, thanks! Lots and lots and lots are welcomes though

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, free ****.

Today has been better than yesterday, but tomorrow will be better still (more time for witcher and hopefully I'll have sorted some of the graphical bugs too) with the possibility of a massive piss up
Haha, awesome!

(Original post by Aph)
I remember my TSRiversary :daydreaming:

Shame you aren't really active...
Big shame isn't it
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Within hours of my exam yesterday finishing the lecturer had already uploaded the paper with model solutions. I dare not look at it.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, thanks! Lots and lots and lots are welcomes though

Haha, awesome!

Big shame isn't it
I had at least 23k posts within my first year
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads