Will probably win though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Valencia just scored again. Glad to hear we're not alone

btw if G-Nev was still in charge Barca would've cantered this
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Definitely - we've missed Cazorla way too much.

Since he's been out we've completely lost control in the middle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't even say you've lost control, because Elneny and Coquelin are quite neutralising presences. You just lack any guile in the middle of the park, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I wouldn't even say you've lost control, because Elneny and Coquelin are quite neutralising presences. You just lack any guile in the middle of the park, though.
    I meant in terms of creativity, him and Coq worked well in the middle. Also, Cazorla's creativity gave Ozil so much more freedom - and its no coincidence that the majority of his assists this season came when he played with Santi.

I swear he's stalled on 18 since like Jan now, which is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we've ever hit a long pass in open play (not since Song-RvP)

ReputationRep:
    One of your fans bit a stewards head at today's game

Name:  CgQ7rG_W4AAOrg4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  41.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere tweeting this with the Trinity :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I don't think we've ever hit a long pass in open play (not since Song-RvP)
    Did you see Iwobi's goal vs Everton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Did you see Iwobi's goal vs Everton?
    I see it was Bellerin with the assist. Just wondered why we don't see it more often from our central midfielders

ReputationRep:
    I see it was Bellerin with the assist. Just wondered why we don't see it more often from our central midfielders
    its a waste of time to go route 1, when you have someone like Giroud upfront

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Because for a top team like us, the role of Coquelin should be to tackle and be able to distribute like Arteta did from 2011-14
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I meant in terms of creativity, him and Coq worked well in the middle. Also, Cazorla's creativity gave Ozil so much more freedom - and its no coincidence that the majority of his assists this season came when he played with Santi.

I swear he's stalled on 18 since like Jan now, which is ridiculous.
    Ozil and Cazorla's partnership can't be underestimated. Every time I see them together, they look entirely on the same wavelength.

ReputationRep:
    bellerin really needs to wise up, he's turning into the opposite of what people think of him - he's shocking going forward, but decent defensively. Shake up.

ReputationRep:
    Who's the jeb end at the start of this?

https://twitter.com/MPH1982/status/721813423445700609

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/it3KFIJKV5O

ReputationRep:
    We've infected Barca with Arsenalitis, they're completely bottling their run in.

It would be incredibly selfish of Wenger to try and stay and instead leave next year on a high note. Shame it's come to this but i'll have massive respect for him if he just decides enough is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    We've infected Barca with Arsenalitis, they're completely bottling their run in.

It would be incredibly selfish of Wenger to try and stay and instead leave next year on a high note. Shame it's come to this but i'll have massive respect for him if he just decides enough is enough.
    Who do you want instead? There aren't exactly loads of options out there.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger should stay another year.. unless we can get pellegrini from city, or someone similar.

Otherwise he should stay, but just be realistic about his abilities..

**** the league next year, he cant win it.. **** the CL, he cant win it - just go balls to the wall and get the glory of a league cup/fa cup double, then call it a day and let the new guy come in..

ReputationRep:
    Priorities for the summer:

1, Striker - again.
    2, CM.. bin arteta + flamini, have cazorla as back up, and bring in a creative CM to play next to coq/elneny (who I still think has more to offer, and will show up next season)
    3, CB.. replace mert.. someone who can actually work with kos (gabriel + chambers back up)
    4, Creative winger.. replace ox/walcott. Give one of them another chance, bin the other.

Do that, get new contracts for our big players, and our squad is looking solid.. Give them 1 year to bed in to the team with the consistancy of wenger.. then bin wenger and get a new boss in who will actually have a pretty decent squad to work with.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't understand why people want Pellergrini in lol. Do you really think he's going to do a better job than Wenger? We're tied in points with City even after the fact that they had an equal, if not better squad before the last window, and a bigger transfer budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Really don't understand why people want Pellergrini in lol. Do you really think he's going to do a better job than Wenger? We're tied in points with City even after the fact that they had an equal, if not better squad before the last window, and a bigger transfer budget.
    Yes, but let's ignore the fact their 4 best players have been out for 3 months of the season each, completely trashing their core line up, alone with virtually every starter being out for a month each. And let's ignore the fact that City played their entire 2nd back 4 for the first 6 games of the season because their entire starting back line was injured.

And despite this they're still in the semis of europe....

Injury wise bar our CM's we've had barely any injuries.

You're an absolute clown if you think Pellegrini wouldn't do a better job than Arsene.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.