Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...or-gareth-bale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Rumours going round that Soldado has failed his medical. Please God let this be true. Best Christmas present ever
    "People be thinking bout christmas in august, do anything to buy gifts for their daughters."

ReputationRep:
    It's unusual for a transfer story to get to this level, interms of a club declaring interest and backing it up with large bids, and the player declaring he wants to go, and for it not to then happen eventually. I think the same applies to Bale story.

I think this will be a good month for us, guys. I really do. Something's gonna happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    This is exactly what I mean in my previous posts. What point are you trying to make by coming on an Arsenal thread and saying that us fans are hilarious other than to provoke a reaction? Obviously you've succeeded in this case as you've got a response from me.

Football has become hilarious not us Arsenal fans. Its hilarious to think that people are criticising us for not spending money and praising the likes of Madrid for supposedly having ambition by spending £100m on a single player. Its hilarious to see people complain about our manager that has lasted 16 years while other clubs sack managers after only a single season in charge. Its hilarious to see some clubs run into administration while we pay off our stadium debts entirely by ourselves. Most of all though its hilarious to read posts like yours as you clearly dont understand football let alone Arsenal as a club.
    ??? I agree with everything you say, it's just the Arsenal fans that don't understand what you've said piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    ??? I agree with everything you say, it's just the Arsenal fans that don't understand what you've said piss me off.
    You can't really blame the fans after 8 trophy less seasons. Its a difficult concept to get to terms with but we basically dont have to worry about stadium repayments anymore and as consequence we can actually spend without worrying about any existing debts. This is the first year we are in that kind of position so obviously the fans are excited. The club looks more stable this time as well so its understandable that everyone expects Wenger to do business soon as possible and make a real title challenge.

From his press conference it looks like things are going around in the background. We aren't fickle but if we dont hear of transfers publicly then there is reason to be anxious. Obviously if Wenger then comes out and says that he prefers confidentiality and reassures everyone that negotiations are nevertheless taking place behind the curtains then thats good news for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    We really don't tbh. He's basically been a August-January player for us.
    Not saying it's our biggest priority, but we really do. We've been playing the same team practically every match for the past two seasons and now with our fringe players in Arshavin and Gervinho gone, its an even more desperate situation. Cazorla needs to stay in the middle which only leaves the Ox as backup to both Walcott and Podolski (who lets not forget can't even last a whole match for whatever reason), and I'm not even sure Wenger wants to be playing Ox on the wings nowadays. How you think that's sufficient for the forthcoming season is difficult to understand.

ReputationRep:
    The Bale saga has suddenly overtaken the Suarez saga haha

ReputationRep:
    I was planing to go because club level tickets are so cheap but Galatasaray seriously deterred me. Some of their fans are absolute trouble making scum. Poor decision by Arsenal to invite them considering Galatasaray's history with English teams. If Suarez was playing for Arsenal I might have reconsidered
    Lol. I hardly think many Galatasaray fans will travel from turkey to watch a pre-season friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz_Kebabz)
    Lol. I hardly think many Galatasaray fans will travel from turkey to watch a pre-season friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    North London is absolutely heaving with Turks and theyll be out in force. Never go to the poxy Emirates cup anyway but have actually chosen this w/e to visit family abroad to get out of the area. Guarantee there will be fistfights at the very minimum and knowing the Turks, possibly knifes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz_Kebabz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    More than 700 Galatasaray fans went to watch their side against Shrewsbury this pre-season. Shrewsbury. And not to mention the amount of turks in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    North London is absolutely heaving with Turks and theyll be out in force. Never go to the poxy Emirates cup anyway but have actually chosen this w/e to visit family abroad to get out of the area. Guarantee there will be fistfights at the very minimum and knowing the Turks, possibly knifes.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by it - these people take things too far. I think it was stupid of Arsenal to invite a Turkish side; more than most, they'll create trouble. But hopefully they'll know it's only a friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by it - these people take things too far. I think it was stupid of Arsenal to invite a Turkish side; more than most, they'll create trouble. But hopefully they'll know it's only a friendly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There should be some agreement in the Fly Emirates contract that obliges teams sponsored by Emirates to partake at some point. Not sure why Gala was invited.

ReputationRep:
    Wait and watch how many flares go off at the emirates when galatasaray play then tell me non of them are there

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who likes seeing flares go off in the stadium especially ours as I think it adds atmosphere And gets the crowd more lively and ready to sing/chant

When you hear so much noise from the stands is and you can barely hear yourself is the atmosphere I prefer tbh when u can feel the adrenaline in the atmosphere and see the other team **** themselves in the ground slowly losing confidence aaaaahhh or maybe I'm an adrenaline junkie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Am I the only one who likes seeing flares go off in the stadium especially ours as I think it adds atmosphere And gets the crowd more lively and ready to sing/chant

When you hear so much noise from the stands is and you can barely hear yourself is the atmosphere I prefer tbh when u can feel the adrenaline in the atmosphere and see the other team **** themselves in the ground slowly losing confidence aaaaahhh or maybe I'm an adrenaline junkie
    Have you never been in Highbury's North Bank?

ReputationRep:
    Have you never been in Highbury's North Bank?
    Regrettably not :/

ReputationRep:
    Also I wonder how much the emirates can be expanded ie how many more seats would we be able to fit in ? If anyone knows or can give a rough estimate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Regrettably not :/
    Sorry mate, but you missed out on some priceless unforgettable moments. The Emirates can't create anything remotely close to the atmospheres Highbury produced. Granted there's been maybe 3 matches where the atmosphere has been great but usally its a dull affair.

Tbf Arsenal have tried to make the Emirates feel like home but they need to get proper gooners in the Emirates North bank and implement some safe standing there, it the only way to improve the atmosphere. Right now all the people who put some real passion into chants and atmosphere are dispersed all over the stadium surrounded by the prawn sandwich brigade.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate, but you missed out on some priceless unforgettable moments. The Emirates can't create anything remotely close to the atmospheres Highbury produced. Granted there's been maybe 3 matches where the atmosphere has been great but usally its a dull affair.

Tbf Arsenal have tried to make the Emirates feel like home but they need to get proper gooners in the Emirates North bank and implement some safe standing there, it the only way to improve the atmosphere. Right now all the people who put some real passion into chants and atmosphere are dispersed all over the stadium surrounded by the prawn sandwich brigade.
    Is standing allowed in the PL any longer? I'm not fully sure, but I don't think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yh i agree but i dont think standing terraces are allowed anymore tbh but i agree that thats were the majority of the noise will come from

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.