Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You left because you were criticised, and yet aren't weak. Well, I expect little less from a leftie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, misunderstood what you were talking about. Yeah, I guess you could say that in my current state
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Sorry, misunderstood what you were talking about. Yeah, I guess you could say that in my current state
    I swear mental health is the most common excuse here. Then again, there is a strong link between being a leftie sjw and poor mental health

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I swear mental health is the most common excuse here. Then again, there is a strong link between being a leftie sjw and poor mental health

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I must point out that I'm not an SJW, I detest them

ReputationRep:
    what is this labour party?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by chemari1)
    what is this labour party?
    This Labour Party is one of the seven parties in the Model House of Commons.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Classy Labour...real classy.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't think I'd need to say this again just yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so via the chat Aph has attempted to leave for Labour and now Cranbrook has fallen on his sword for it.

For those of us not engaging in the Mhoc outside of here i'd appreciate a quick description of events.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Didn't think I'd need to say this again just yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ???

Stop speaking in code Petros.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    ???

Stop speaking in code Petros.
    Okay, I'll be frank.

I really like Aph. I completely understand him defecting and it was all nice, civil and open.

Then, you lot treated him like crap. I honestly don't care how much of a misunderstanding or whatever there was, but allowing someone in and then kicking them out straight away is not on.

And then Cranbrooks resignation. I don't know the details as only I've been out since last night and haven't really had a chance to check, but that's a great chair you had there that ended up resigning because of this absolute mishap.

Labour have shown a real lack of class I don't expect from them. I hope for all your members that this is a one off, but it absolutely reeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Wait, so via the chat Aph has attempted to leave for Labour and now Cranbrook has fallen on his sword for it.

For those of us not engaging in the Mhoc outside of here i'd appreciate a quick description of events.
    Basically yesterday at some point he joined Labour. But he hadn't left the Liberals yet. He'd asked cran if he could join, and cran checked with QQ, and QQ said yes apparently. Apparently Petros also gave him time to say goodbye to the Liberals. Aph thought toronto had also given permission but he hadn't. When we then asked, Aph said he had permission from all three, except he didn't have permission from toronto, and QQ had forgotten that he'd allowed him in, and so kicked Aph out of Labour and sent him a PM telling him that.

Labour are now having a vote I believe as to whether Aph should be allowed in. He is still in the Liberals at this time, although for how long is questionable. He might be gone from there soon as well.

Cran let Aph into Labour, and because QQ forgot that he'd given permission for Aph, cran got crap from the Party about letting him in, even though it wasn't his fault. Cran has decided that because of this, and because other stuff has happened in the past I think, and for his own health, that he's stepping down as Chair.

I think that's about right! We'll update you on this as the story progresses through the day. Thanks for listening!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Okay, I'll be frank.

I really like Aph. I completely understand him defecting and it was all nice, civil and open.

Then, you lot treated him like crap. I honestly don't care how much of a misunderstanding or whatever there was, but allowing someone in and then kicking them out straight away is not on.

And then Cranbrooks resignation. I don't know the details as only I've been out since last night and haven't really had a chance to check, but that's a great chair you had there that ended up resigning because of this absolute mishap.

Labour have shown a real lack of class I don't expect from them. I hope for all your members that this is a one off, but it absolutely reeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Him being admitted was a mistake based on miscommunication amongst the leadership. He was not treated poorly, nor was anything unkind said to him whilst he was here. If the fact that his admission was a mistake was not communicated to him then that was also an error by the leadership.

Cranbrook's choice to resign was his completely free choice. No fair criticism of the party can be made from that.

As you say, you don't know the details. QQ has handled this as well as it could possibly be handled. With dignity. You're little remarks are what's lacking class.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Him being admitted was a mistake based on miscommunication amongst the leadership. He was not treated poorly, nor was anything unkind said to him whilst he was here. If the fact that his admission was a mistake was not communicated to him then that was also an error by the leadership.

Cranbrook's choice to resign was his completely free choice. No fair criticism of the party can be made from that.

As you say, you don't know the details. QQ has handled this as well as it could possibly be handled. With dignity. You're little remarks are what's lacking class.
    Apparently not. His admission was based on QQ allowing it, and then forgetting the next day apparently.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

I'm sorry but it's an error that should not have been made in the first place. Look, it's not my place to comment on it so I'm going to stop now. I completely reject your last sentence though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Actually my being kicked out was teh miscommunication but oh well.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm sorry but it's an error that should not have been made in the first place. Look, it's not my place to comment on it so I'm going to stop now. I completely reject your last sentence though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course its an error that shouldn't have happened. But it's not 'classless' to make mistakes. Nor is it 'classless' to work quickly to rectify them. And said mistakes would have been much less likely to occur if you'd gone through toronto and QQ in organising the defection. So as immensely helpful as your comments were there was nothing in the least bit 'classy' about them.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Apparently not. His admission was based on QQ allowing it, and then forgetting the next day apparently.
    Unlike Rakas I do not subscribe to the TSR Tory Party News.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What I'm getting here is: TL;DR QQ ****ed up and Cran resigned because he couldn't handle a few people complain others wasa **** up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Of course its an error that shouldn't have happened. But it's not 'classless' to make mistakes. Nor is it 'classless' to work quickly to rectify them. And said mistakes would have been much less likely to occur if you'd gone through toronto and QQ in organising the defection. So as immensely helpful as your comments were there was nothing in the least bit 'classy' about them.

You should!!! It's a great channel!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    You should!!! It's a great channel!
    In the same sense that Fox News is?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

To be honest, it is QQ's and Aph's job to go to Toronto and get it verified, not mine. The haste in which Aph was kicked out and the backlash against Cran were both clearly classless, but I have my opinions and you have yours Ray.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    In the same sense that Fox News is?
    Nah Fox News is ****. More like PenthouseTV.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.