Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    On the plus side though, Gazidis is telling us we're already in talks with our targets.

Hopefully, he means Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier.

Yay!

:/
    He also said we have absolutely no interest with Aurier who is a ready made replacement for Sagna.

So rather than Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier, expect Kim K, Henry, Gervinho for a 2nd chance, Barry and Jenks as first choice!!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yo why the **** is everyone signing players left right and centre

liverpool are making signings every WEEK

Chelsea finna wrap costa and fabregas within DAYS

**** THE ***** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

**** EM

WE WONT SIGN NO ONE TILL 31 AUGUST **** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

SUIT *****

ReputationRep:
    You lot need to calm down. It doesn't make sense to buy everyone before the world cup anyway since we can see break out stars during the tournament and then go in for them. It's not like Ozil was the massive star he is before world cup 2010.

This summer is different to last. And about the whole "wait till the last day" thing, I have a feeling it was planned.
    Gazidis announced yesterday that it was a move planned months before so it only makes sense we had to go in on the last day, since it was on the last day Bale moved to Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    He also said we have absolutely no interest with Aurier who is a ready made replacement for Sagna.

So rather than Cesc, Balotelli, Griezman, Khadera & Aurier, expect Kim K, Henry, Gervinho for a 2nd chance, Barry and Jenks as first choice!!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've began to hate tranfer windows so much now. Arsenal really stress me out during the summer.

The sad thing is, as much as you tried to over exaggerate there, it could be true.

Henry to "pass experience on to giroud and sanogo"

Gervinho to "flourish in the BPL because he is more mature"

Kim K "showed great experience and talents when he played a few games"

Jenkinson "ready to become top top player"

"No top top quality players were available, and we have likes of Walcott and Diaby back"

If that is said, and no world class depth is brought in.. Then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've began to hate tranfer windows so much now. Arsenal really stress me out during the summer.

The sad thing is, as much as you tried to over exaggerate there, it could be true.

Henry to "pass experience on to giroud and sanogo"

Gervinho to "flourish in the BPL because he is more mature"

Kim K "showed great experience and talents when he played a few games"

Jenkinson "ready to become top top player"

"No top top quality players were available, and we have likes of Walcott and Diaby back"

If that is said, and no world class depth is brought in.. Then..
    The **** are all these talks about signing Henry coming from? Wenger's already said in the past he's not going to resign Henry at this age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    You lot need to calm down. It doesn't make sense to buy everyone before the world cup anyway since we can see break out stars during the tournament and then go in for them. It's not like Ozil was the massive star he is before world cup 2010.

This summer is different to last. And about the whole "wait till the last day" thing, I have a feeling it was planned.
    Gazidis announced yesterday that it was a move planned months before so it only makes sense we had to go in on the last day, since it was on the last day Bale moved to Madrid.
    Yes but that's a gamble that can go either way. Who's to say the breaking stars won't be snapped up by Bayern, Real, Barca etc? Like they did in 2010? We didn't get squat in 2010 after the World Cup.

Also, Costa, Fabregas, Balotelli, Vela, Griezman are pretty much on the market.. Well not so much costa now but yh.

When these bigger teams set their eyes on someone, they'll go and get him.

I don't understand why Arsenal have to be so pragmatic during transfer windows, why can't we be ruthless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    yo why the **** is everyone signing players left right and centre

liverpool are making signings every WEEK

Chelsea finna wrap costa and fabregas within DAYS

**** THE ***** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

**** EM

WE WONT SIGN NO ONE TILL 31 AUGUST **** WHO RUN THIS CLUB

SUIT *****
    Lol, relax yourself!

Liverpool have bought Lambert and are considering departing with £25m for Lallana!

Costa, yes, Cescy no. No conformation or anything of the sort, don't get so vex about what twitter is saying, because all they do on there is beg for retweets!

As for the rest, yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    The **** are all these talks about signing Henry coming from? Wenger's already said in the past he's not going to resign Henry at this age.
    Oh that's just over exaggerated frustration, which peggles started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Gazidis is the best at saying the right things at the right time to save his own arse.

ReputationRep:
    Gazidis is the best at saying the right things at the right time to save his own arse.
    Not gonna deny that but put 2 and 2 together and it makes a lot of sense.
    Everyone knew they'd have to sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yes but that's a gamble that can go either way. Who's to say the breaking stars won't be snapped up by Bayern, Real, Barca etc? Like they did in 2010? We didn't get squat in 2010 after the World Cup.

Also, Costa, Fabregas, Balotelli, Vela, Griezman are pretty much on the market.. Well not so much costa now but yh.

When these bigger teams set their eyes on someone, they'll go and get him.

I don't understand why Arsenal have to be so pragmatic during transfer windows, why can't we be ruthless?
    Like Ozil in 2010. We were interested in him whilst he was at Bremen but couldn't reach an agreement, he had an awesome WC and when to Real for £10m

We aren't pragmatic but rather Arsene in indecisive and constantly dithers on players, and so by the time he's made a decision, it's either too late or the player in questions value has gone up (Higuain)

ReputationRep:
    Lol, relax yourself!

Liverpool have bought Lambert and are considering departing with £25m for Lallana!

Costa, yes, Cescy no. No conformation or anything of the sort, don't get so vex about what twitter is saying, because all they do on there is beg for retweets!

As for the rest, yes!
    Lambert is a great backup striker signing. It's similar to Chelsea having Demba Ba as 3rd backup.

They're also getting Emre can to strengthen the midfield, tbh I think Arsenal should snap him up. He is very versatile and could probably replace Arteta if asked to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Not gonna deny that but put 2 and 2 together and it makes a lot of sense.
    Everyone knew they'd have to sell.

It really doesn't!

We didn't need another diminutive little playmaker, we needed a 25+ goals striker. Rather than planning THAT move for months, we should have been planning getting Higuain or Benzema from them last summer. I was so last minute, everything about it suggests that!

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't!

We didn't need another diminutive little playmaker, we needed a 25+ goals striker. Rather than planning THAT move for months, we should have been planning getting Higuain or Benzema from them last summer. I was so last minute, everything about it suggests that!
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't!

To be honest, now that we've been linked with Benzema for over a year, I don't think his asking price will justify his addition to our squad. He's only a slight upgrade to giroud. What we need something different.

Balotelli is a completely different player, he is pacey, strong and isn't afraid to pull the trigger - and when he does he does so with accuracy.

Balotelli is extremely talented, the only thing is, will Wenger be able to nurture him into a mature player? He is only 23 and can really add to our team. And for roughly £25m? Madness!

There's balotelli, at £25m or so and there's benzema who'll be for at least £40m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Lambert is a great backup striker signing. It's similar to Chelsea having Demba Ba as 3rd backup.

They're also getting Emre can to strengthen the midfield, tbh I think Arsenal should snap him up. He is very versatile and could probably replace Arteta if asked to.
    I'm not entirely sold on Lambert for them

As for Can, I don't even think Arsene is interested in a DM at all, so expect us to persist with Mikel and pin our hopes on Diaby magically being fit.

This summer is going to be painful bmt.

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't!

We were never really getting Benzema and I doubt we'd get him now. What even happened with the Higuain situation, didn't he snub us for Napoli?

Ozil on form is miles ahead of Cazorla. He's had a bad season but this type of buy is much better for the future, if Arsene decides to build the team around him.
    Yes we needed a striker even more but we chased two(which were world class) all summer and both deals ended up turning into ****e. We activated Suarez's clause.
    You can't say it's last minute when the approach had been made way before the deadline either. Sure the £1+ was a scummy move but 40 mil aint cheap.

Bale wasn't a last minute move - everyone knew he was going to Madrid. Why is it hard to believe that we probably weren't able to sign anyone off Madrid until the transfer had actually been complete?

ReputationRep:
    WAKE UP ARSENAL!! PULL YOUR BLUDCLART FINGER OUT!!

Didn't they give it large about what they will do in the summer around season ticket renewal time?!!

Arsenal make summertime a terrible time to be alive.

ReputationRep:
    WAKE UP ARSENAL!! PULL YOUR BLUDCLART FINGER OUT!!

Didn't they give it large about what they will do in the summer around season ticket renewal time?!!

Arsenal make summertime a terrible time to be alive.
    I have a UKCAT exam to be preparing for and I'm here like

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sold on Lambert for them

As for Can, I don't even think Arsene is interested in a DM at all, so expect us to persist with Mikel and pin our hopes on Diaby magically being fit.

This summer is going to be painful btm
    3rd striker, scores double figures for a midtable team. If Suarez and Sturridge were injured they had to use Aspas. It's essentially whether you believe that Lambert is better than Iago Aspas to see how good a signing he is considering the circumstances.

For can well he plays many roles, can play further forward, can play in Schweinsteiggers role etc. I haven't watched him much so can't make a full assessment from him but everything suggests from reports etc. and the scout guide known as football manager that he's a top player.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.