Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has St. Hugh's started sending out invitations?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a History of Art interview at St Peters yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    anyone heard from Christ Church yet? Or anything about languages/literature?
    Literature has heard nothing yet (the ELAT thread is stressing out due to a lack of correspondence)... I think Literature is going to hear on the 26th and 27th, although there was a rumour that we should start hearing news tomorrow... But then again, that was but the whisper of a time gone by, a whisper of wishful thinking one could say.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Maths with Stats at Christ Church.... no response yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    Has St. Hugh's started sending out invitations?
    Some people who got reallocated got told by their original college that they'd have an interview at St Hugh's but don't think anyone's got a direct invitation yet, including the reallocated people

ReputationRep:
    Anything about E&M yet? Or from Hertford?

ReputationRep:
    nope! Btw are language interviews meant to be on the 8th?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not yet. What languages did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crose)
    does anyone have any clue at all when the english invitations are going to be released? as far as i can tell, not a single one has been sent out and i'm going kind of crazy
    I haven't had one either, it seems like English is taking a while, which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somnacin)
    !!! Got an interview for Archaeology & Ancient History at Brasenose!! :ahee:
    Congrats!!!! That's amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_is_might)
    you think that's bad, I got an email titled "Interview at Oxford", and it turned out to be a notification from a website that helps with interview prep telling me the download to the pdf I'd requested was ready.
    I deleted the email straight away.
    That's the same as me, I couldn't believe it! I think I signed up for that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtyQuell)
    Literature has heard nothing yet (the ELAT thread is stressing out due to a lack of correspondence)... I think Literature is going to hear on the 26th and 27th, although there was a rumour that we should start hearing news tomorrow... But then again, that was but the whisper of a time gone by, a whisper of wishful thinking one could say.
    Thankss for that quick reply ! I'm freaking out, but then again arent we all...

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for language and literature at Queens, Although I have heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saga1997)
    nope! Btw are language interviews meant to be on the 8th?
    Yep, starting on the 8th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowflake39)
    Nope, not yet. What languages did you apply for?
    Spanish and Portuguese. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canboys)
    Hey has anyone heard from University College or from the Comp Sci department yet?
    I just hate waiting!
    I got an interview for CompSci

ReputationRep:
    Spanish and Portuguese. You?
    French and beginners Russian x_____x the wait is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
    MIT is my top choice - I guess I will rank it
    100/ 100 ( as how satisfied I would be if I get in)

Followed closely by Harvard 98, followed closely by Stanford 97, then followed not so closely by Princeton 92, followed closely by Caltech 90, then not so closely by Oxford 85, then Penn/ Columbia at 80, and Cornell at 75.

MIT is actually the 3 rd easiest to get into. MIT: 8 Cornell: 14 Oxford: 18%

How did you do on your SAT1 & 2. Hehe, I am filling in my US application as I type this.
    I had a 2150 for the SAT and an 800 and 740 for Chemistry and Math subject tests, respectively. My main qualifications were my AP Exam scores though, which are currently five 5's and one 4, with 6 more exams to take this May.

For me, Oxford would be 100, Edinburgh ~90, Princeton 88, and Cornell 85.

Oh, and Oxford's acceptance rate is actually around 8% for US applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrigold)
    I got an interview for CompSci
    When was your email postmarked?? I am surprised that they are working until 8 in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    When was your email postmarked?? I am surprised that they are working until 8 in the evening.
    Oh no I got the message last Thursday after I got home from school

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.