Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone collecting results first or checking track?😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonandstars)
    Will it definitely be 8am at the earliest for track to open? I'm hearing a lot of conflicting stuff some people are saying from 6.30am and I remember when I got into uni first time round (this is my 2nd degree) it was earlier than 8am
    UCAS wont make track live until their phone lines are staffed.

Their phone lines open at 7:30am tomorrow morning (https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Looking through possible Clearing options and just feeling no connections with any of the unis - even though this time tomorrow, I'll be frantically calling some of them

You don't have to go to university straight away....or decide on a clearing option straight away either. It is perfectly ok to ask a university to hold your offers until Monday and use your weekend to try to visit (a lot of universities run clearing visit days over the weekend after results).

And if you're still not feeling it then there's no rule saying you can't take another year to rethink, retake, reapply or find a completely different option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 89911998a)
    If you ended up with grades in the range of ABB - ABC when your firm wants A*AA, would you retake or would you settle for your insurance, because these grades, which quite a few unis would accept, aren't terrible enough to warrant retaking?

Or if they accepted you because they're being lenient due to your extenuating circumstances, would you want to go in with grades in the range of ABB - ABC, knowing that everyone else there achieved much higher grades?

If you ended up with AAC/D/E and your firm still accepted you, would you defer for a year and retake the one A level?

No idea what to do...
    I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though

ReputationRep:
    Where have the Edexcel boundaries gone please

ReputationRep:
    When you take a gap year and don't have the privilege of checking track.....I am so done..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Just search it up on their website, its not even a problem now to find it but yeah if you were here at midnigth, it wasnt on their wrbsite and someone posted the l9nk because they found it anf everyone though it was fake lol

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ries-Final.pdf

There you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Just search it up on their website, its not even a problem now to find it but yeah if you were here at midnigth, it wasnt on their wrbsite and someone posted the l9nk because they found it anf everyone though it was fake lol
    Now follow that link and where does it go..?

ReputationRep:
    Needed ABB now BCC, fell in love with Exeter so I don't really know what to do, have a serious lack of motivation for any other university, especially as accommodation is limited too

In a bad mood and now have my trial shift at work so I don't know how to act i'm just lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    Needed ABB now BCC, fell in love with Exeter so I don't really know what to do, have a serious lack of motivation for any other university, especially as accommodation is limited too

In a bad mood and now have my trial shift at work so I don't know how to act i'm just lost
    You don't know your grades yet.

What subject are you hoping to study?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. Have my heart set on Southampton but know i won't make my offer (

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now follow that link and where does it go..?
    Lloooool I realised soz...

ReputationRep:
    literally so done for AS results, teachers+parents have such high expectations and there is no chance of them being met fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You don't know your grades yet.

What subject are you hoping to study?
    Computer Science, i've wanted to read up on it throughout the summer but the thought of not getting to Uni has just made me avoid it as it seems pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    literally so done for AS results, teachers+parents have such high expectations and there is no chance of them being met fml
    My parents are like "you'll be fine...what will be will be"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Is everyone collecting results first or checking track?😂
    I'm getting results first!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else *****ing aqa Chemistry unit 4? 76/100 for an A FML!!

also the chem6 empa has 3 mark grade boundaries :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though
    Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels?

What are your firm entry requirements, by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absent Agent)
    AQA mark schemes and examiners' reports.
    MVP!!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.