Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cardinals D

Took it like a 3 rounds before the end, they have big play potential and shouldn't be too leaky so will pass for now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Brad Wing cut by the Eagles... Why did he even leave early. Hes a punter for god sake and didn't even win the Ray Guy award once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Come on own up, which one of you clowns drafted Hernandez and Pitta -_-

Also Rodgers and Gore went way too earlier IMO.

I drafted at #11 and got in this order:

Trent Richardson
    Mega
    Roddy White
    Miller
    Sproles
    Matty Ice
    TY Hilton
    Daryl Richardson
    Kenny Britt
    Jared Cook
    Arizona D
    Josh Gordon
    Shonn Green
    Garrett Hartley
    Daniel Thomas.

Relatively happy with that, I assume there were some CPU drafters seeing as kickers went in the 9th round?

Yeah some guy picked Torrey Smith, Pitta, Bernard Pierce (ravens 2nd RB) AS HIS 2nd starting RB! And Aaron Hernandez last round, the team name is Pink Fluffy Unicorns, dont know who that is. Yeah there were some autodrafters

ReputationRep:
    I play him week 1. If I lose, I quit.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had screenshotted the order I had picked my players because I got some really great late picks, like Tavon Austin in the 11th round and Le'veon Bell in the 13th. I'll try and put them in the order I drafted but it may not be accurate, anyway, my team is:

(I picked at #9)

Alfred Morris
    Dez Bryant
    Eric Decker
    Darren Mcfadden
    Cam Newton
    Eddie Lacy
    Antonio Gates
    Texans D
    Anquan Boldin (Bench)
    Ben Roethlisberger (Bench)
    Tavon Austin (Bench)
    Jermichael Finley (Bench)
    Le'veon Bell (Bench)
    Knile Davis (Bench)
    Steven Hauschka

I think I got the draft order wrong around the first part and the middle parts but it doesnt matter, I've got a few rookies so I hope they do well. Open to criticism

ReputationRep:
    Theres a draft recap thing on the league so you can see who you drafted when.

I don't like where you drafted Mcfadden, really dont rate him at all. Think you drafted you D too early as well but other than that pretty solid set.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how fantasy works so I didn't play but I read something which said take your RBs early. I read about auction drafting too, that sounds fun would definitely play that next season.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, my order was:

1. Alfred Morris
    2. Dez Bryant
    3. D Mcfadden
    4. Cam Newton
    5. Eddie Lacy
    6. Eric Decker
    7. Antonio Gates
    8. Texans D
    9. Anquan Boldin
    10. Ben Roethlisberger
    11. Tavon Austin
    12. J Finley
    13. Le'veon Bell
    14. Knile Davis
    15. Steven Hauschka

ReputationRep:
    Theres a draft recap thing on the league so you can see who you drafted when.

I don't like where you drafted Mcfadden, really dont rate him at all. Think you drafted you D too early as well but other than that pretty solid set.
    I agree, Mcfadden was too early, the three guys before me picked Jimmy Graham, Randall Cobb and Chris Johnson which annoyed me so much and made me panic because I was expecting one of them to be available for me, so I was left with MJD and Mcfadden and I dont think MJD will have the fantasy seasons that he's had in the past so I just went with Mcfadden. As for defense, I was one of 8 people who picked defenses in that round, if I wanted a good defense I had to pick it then because I knew everyone after me would.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like your secondary took a big hit with that injury. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    I agree, Mcfadden was too early, the three guys before me picked Jimmy Graham, Randall Cobb and Chris Johnson which annoyed me so much and made me panic because I was expecting one of them to be available for me, so I was left with MJD and Mcfadden and I dont think MJD will have the fantasy seasons that he's had in the past so I just went with Mcfadden. As for defense, I was one of 8 people who picked defenses in that round, if I wanted a good defense I had to pick it then because I knew everyone after me would.
    I'll just pick my DST on a week to week basis. The cardinals will be fine for the first 5/6 weeks minus vs the pats. After that I'll just hit the waiver wire.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just pick my DST on a week to week basis. The cardinals will be fine for the first 5/6 weeks minus vs the pats. After that I'll just hit the waiver wire.
    We don't play the Cardinals do we ? :confused:

Also Kolb might have to retire after his concussion it looks like. Sad news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    We don't play the Cardinals do we ? :confused:

Also Kolb might have to retire after his concussion it looks like. Sad news.
    I misread, they will still last to week 6 though

ReputationRep:
    I am biased because I made a strong take prediction that Geno Smith would play OK, but I don't really think he imploded. The first pick was just a good throw, the second was bad but a lot of QBs will overthrow that ball under that pressure (the good ones will just not throw it probably). The third was not great but I don't think it's really bad when a rookie gets trapped by a fire zone in his first NFL pre season. The safety was just going to be a safety no matter what. He can't throw it anywhere because he's in the pocket, he can't wait for someone to come open, he can't step up and if he moves laterally the blitzer has an angle on him to make the tackle. When Brady gets in the same situation in a Super Bowl he's the best quarterback of all time but when a rookie does it in pre-season the Jets are a ****-show. Doesn't really add up IMO. Their OL still looks bad, I thought at the time they should have drafted Warmack and I really think that now. Either way, my bold prediction of Smith getting the starting job looks good since Nacho got hurt anyway.

Terrelle Pryor looked pretty sweet on the highlights. Alex Smith looked OK in a boring kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like your secondary took a big hit with that injury. Thoughts?
    Yeah I know, I was actually looking forward to watching Brown play this season. ACL injuries are a *****! But yeah our secondary just got considerably weaker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    Yeah I know, I was actually looking forward to watching Brown play this season. ACL injuries are a *****! But yeah our secondary just got considerably weaker

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Man way too many ACL tears for my liking this off season...

ReputationRep:
    Man way too many ACL tears for my liking this off season...
    They blow.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, this question seems to divide opinion so I thought I'd get the opinion of the lovely TSR community .Dez Bryant vs AJ Green in fantasy, Bryant is poised to have this breakout career year and AJ Green is just AJ Green so who do you think will do better this season fantasy-wise and also who would you like to play for your team in real life and why?

ReputationRep:
    Dez Bryant is gonna have a monster season I feel. Don't get me wrong AJ Green is a freak but I get a feeling Bryant is just gonna go out and put crazy numbers up.

ReputationRep:
    Dez Bryant is gonna have a monster season I feel. Don't get me wrong AJ Green is a freak but I get a feeling Bryant is just gonna go out and put crazy numbers up.
    I hope so, as much as I hate the cowboys I drafted him when AJ Green was still on the board because I also think this year is gonna be great for him, so I hope I don't regret it. He's had a good pre season too

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.