Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Minor spoiler about the age of the Doctor in the next episode...

Spoiler:
Show
He's 200 years older when he visits Craig and takes part in Closing Time's episode. Therefore he's already done all that waving to Amy and Rory through history.

The above might answer your question.

Ok. Thanks for sharing that. I'm even more confused now then, because the Doctor in the long coat is 200 years old but so is the one in the short tweed jacket (because he's wearing the tweed one when he dies in Utah).
Joseppea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wonder what the oldest question hidden in plain sight is...

We have our theories here:

Spoiler:
Show
Doctor... Doctor who?!?! :O
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Ok. Thanks for sharing that. I'm even more confused now then, because the Doctor in the long coat is 200 years old but so is the one in the short tweed jacket (because he's wearing the tweed one when he dies in Utah).
He can get changed you know
Keckers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Judging by the outdated and irrelevant episode description, I wouldn't put too much attention on the cast which is probably a sum of all the main characters in the new series.
Spoiler:
Show
including john simm???
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exciting stuff.

Closing Time Teasers

Spoiler:
Show
Like The Lodger, It’s a more of a fun episode with some very funny lines. But there are also couple of good scares Well i wasn`t a fan of the lodger so this has disapointed me
The Cybermen aren’t in it for that long really, but it’s longer than they were in A Good Man Goes to War Will Matt Smith ever get a fair fight against old enemies?
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are still in the opening credits. Just saying Well they are credited for 13 episodes
The Cybermen are peeping toms! Peering through windows
The Doctor is in love with Craig and he really wants him to know Seen on trailer
“I am through saving them.” Human race?
The Doctor – Here to helpShop assistant
Craig is a pervertI knew it
Meet Stormageddon, the Doctor’s new best friend Cybermat
“…A beam me up… Star Trek teleport” Cybermens teleport
“Come along bitey” to baby or cybermat
For the girl who’s tired of waiting gift ideas
The Doctor can speak the ancient language of baby ancient? we saw it 5 episodes ago
A familiar plot solution saves the day if it is time being rewritten, i will scream
The last few scenes are very, very exciting and another big question is finally answered cliffhanger

Closing Time spoiler info about ending. Not a huge spoiler. Well...

Spoiler:
Show
Last 10 minutes reveal the Astronaut, is emotional and features a few Silents underwater (lake Silencio)? So this is the cliffhanger

Fourteen teasers for the finale, from both Closing Time and The Wedding of River Song (yes, I called it the episode because the title is not a spoiler)

Spoiler:
Show
I thought maybe he was a cowboy on his way to a gunfight. The stenson wearing doctor
Silence will fall when the question is asked. we know this just not what it means
We we always coming for you. Silence to Doctor or River, maybe Amy or Rory
It's a story - and this is where it begins. They better not drag it out another series
According to some accounts, it's the day the Doctor dies. like the tesselecta
Doctor Song, how clever you are. Doctor Song as in River has impressed someone
It's time. Doctor talking, seen in trailer
Tick tock, goes the clock, and what now shall we play... Nursey rythmes again?
Hey, I'm the Doctor, I was here to help. Was interesting, maybe the shop in closing time, maybe helping river
He seemed so happy, but so sad at the same time. descrition of the doctor?
You never really escaped us, Melody Pond... The silence or Kovarian to river? Maybe another flesh avatar. If the flesh can regenerate for time lords, that would explain everything
Tick tock, and all too soon, your love will surely die To river or the doctor
Before I go, I'd like to know why I have to die? The Doctor or maybe even river?
All those times I've heard those words, I never realised it was my silence... "Its bigger on the inside" No clue really
Answers in bold
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gaara.)
Sorry but this picture has actually made me go into meltdown!! :eek:
Its a spoiler about the final episode so I'll spoiler tag it
Spoiler:
Show

That would be epic! But won`t the finale be packed already and those two characters don`t really seem relevent. Although I would love it so Amy gets taught how to be a decent companion
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exciting stuff.

Closing Time Teasers

Spoiler:
Show
Like The Lodger, It’s a more of a fun episode with some very funny lines. But there are also couple of good scares. Cyber's then?
The Cybermen aren’t in it for that long really, but it’s longer than they were in A Good Man Goes to War Shame really,be good to see what the real Cybers can do.
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are still in the opening credits. Just saying Appearance at the end?
The Cybermen are peeping toms! With the cybermat?
The Doctor is in love with Craig and he really wants him to know it Kiss. Kiss.
“I am through saving them.” Doctor towards the end excepting his fate?
The Doctor – Here to help Well, shop assisstant or maybe something more.
Craig is a pervert He filmed the Doctor's run from the shower in Lodger?
Meet Stormageddon, the Doctor’s new best friend Some random awesome toy?
“…A beam me up… Star Trek teleport”
“Come along bitey” As elite Amy said: Babyor cybermat
For the girl who’s tired of waiting Gift for Amy?
The Doctor can speak the ancient language of baby More baby talk? Well I wonder what mini Corden wants to say.
A familiar plot solution saves the day. Sonic to the rescue! Or love.
The last few scenes are very, very exciting and another big question is finally answered. Who's the astronaut? Due to spoiler below.

Closing Time spoiler info about ending. Not a huge spoiler. Well...

Spoiler:
Show
Last 10 minutes reveal the Astronaut, is emotional and features a few Silents underwater (lake Silencio)? Someone doesn't want to do it and the Silents home?

Fourteen teasers for the finale, from both Closing Time and The Wedding of River Song (yes, I called it the episode because the title is not a spoiler)

Spoiler:
Show
I thought maybe he was a cowboy on his way to a gunfight. Reflection on Doctor's death from Amy Rory or River?
Silence will fall when the question is asked. The question is asked?
We we always coming for you. Amy and Rory to the Doctor?
It's a story - and this is where it begins. Kovarian obviously. But is she talking to someone important?
According to some accounts, it's the day the Doctor dies. But accoding to others he survives? :holmes:
Doctor Song, how clever you are. She saves the day?
It's time. Closing time that is.
Tick tock, goes the clock, and what now shall we play...Kids involved.
Hey, I'm the Doctor, I was here to help. Someone's plan wasnt what it seemed then.
He seemed so happy, but so sad at the same time. Another reflection on the Doctor?
You never really escaped us, Melody Pond... River changed back to being brain-washed?
Tick tock, and all too soon, your love will surely die Metaphorical love or the person?
Before I go, I'd like to know why I have to die? Doctor speaks, possibly the question?
All those times I've heard those words, I never realised it was my silence...everyone has a different question?
Thoughts in bold.
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Keckers)
Spoiler:
Show
including john simm???
Exactly what I thought! That would be epic though
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
He can get changed you know
He can't!! :eek:

That would be a very evil red herring. :holmes:
Keckers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
Exactly what I thought! That would be epic though
I really hope it is, I totally called it a couple of weeks ago haha
chaz1992
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a complete Dr Who noob. I've watched all the episodes but didn't really pay attention to all the in depth story lines and stuff, just watched for the fighting of monsters really. Anyway, having watched the episode on Saturday, does this mean it's the end of Rory and Amy???
BethSwift
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chaz1992)
I'm a complete Dr Who noob. I've watched all the episodes but didn't really pay attention to all the in depth story lines and stuff, just watched for the fighting of monsters really. Anyway, having watched the episode on Saturday, does this mean it's the end of Rory and Amy???
I don't think so. They'll come back for the last few episodes I reckon, there's too much unresolved there. But yeah, in my opinion it's probably their last series, but that's just speculation on my part (there's probably people here who know for sure but spoilers scare me :P )
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BethSwift)
I don't think so. They'll come back for the last few episodes I reckon, there's too much unresolved there. But yeah, in my opinion it's probably their last series, but that's just speculation on my part (there's probably people here who know for sure but spoilers scare me :P )
I think I love you. Just because of the "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet..." in your sig :love:
BethSwift
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
I think I love you. Just because of the "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet..." in your sig :love:

Why thank you, us browncoats have got to stick together
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's just been announced that River Song (Alex Kingston) is the guest star in the Christmas special this year

more to be announced at 8am tomorrow (if use twitter http://twitter.com/#!/bbcdoctorwho for the updates) "timescales can be rewritten!"
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jojospacemunky)
It's just been announced that River Song (Alex Kingston) is the guest star in the Christmas special this year

more to be announced at 8am tomorrow (if use twitter http://twitter.com/#!/bbcdoctorwho for the updates) "timescales can be rewritten!"
:eek:
I hope that's a good thing! (and that A&R aren't there, but I assume they are )
I wonder what role the mother from Outnumbered has then? (I forgot her name :facepalm:)
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just like how Auntie Mabel is in the next episode. :awesome:
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
The Radio Times has previewed the Series 6 finale, The Wedding of River Song, and provided some very interesting and barmy new story information. It sounds bonkers.

Spoiler:
Show
Minis suspended by air balloons, pterodactyls attacking school kids, a train emerging Magritte-like from London’s Gherkin building
Charles Dickens (Simon Callow) discussing A Christmas Carol with Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on BBC Breakfast
Winston Churchill hailed as Caesar in present-day London and the Doctor shambling about like a bearded apostle
“Something’s happened to time,” spots Winnie. It’s as if “all of history is happening at once”. The time is two minutes past five and the date is 22 April; so it has been for as long as anyone can remember. Can the Lord of Time sort things out, or did he cause the problem in the first place?
It necessarily leads us back to the events of The Impossible Astronaut and the Doctor’s demise at Lake Silencio in Utah, but this shocking moment acts as a pivot, not a dead end, for Moffat’s finale and a barrage of bewildering and bizarre imagery that spools forth.
Loose ends are tied up and, more importantly, the series and its heroes are repositioned in line with Moffat’s vision
A few things to look out for: pyramids, fixed points in time, “hell in high heels”, “the man who dies again and again” Rory?, a phone call with tear-jerking news, an unusual use for a bow tie, a plethora of eye-patches and a lapse in grammar when River talks of “theories about you and I”
There’s also an answer of sorts to “the oldest question in the universe”. It’s something the Doctor has been running from his whole life

and remember the brilliant book 2011 teaser 502 never 503 5:02 never 5:03
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
I just like how Auntie Mabel is in the next episode. :awesome:
Look up, look down, look all around....
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
The Radio Times has previewed the Series 6 finale, The Wedding of River Song, and provided some very interesting and barmy new story information. It sounds bonkers.

Spoiler:
Show
Minis suspended by air balloons, pterodactyls attacking school kids, a train emerging Magritte-like from London’s Gherkin building
Charles Dickens (Simon Callow) discussing A Christmas Carol with Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on BBC Breakfast
Winston Churchill hailed as Caesar in present-day London and the Doctor shambling about like a bearded apostle
“Something’s happened to time,” spots Winnie. It’s as if “all of history is happening at once”. The time is two minutes past five and the date is 22 April; so it has been for as long as anyone can remember. Can the Lord of Time sort things out, or did he cause the problem in the first place?
It necessarily leads us back to the events of The Impossible Astronaut and the Doctor’s demise at Lake Silencio in Utah, but this shocking moment acts as a pivot, not a dead end, for Moffat’s finale and a barrage of bewildering and bizarre imagery that spools forth.
Loose ends are tied up and, more importantly, the series and its heroes are repositioned in line with Moffat’s vision
A few things to look out for: pyramids, fixed points in time, “hell in high heels”, “the man who dies again and again”, a phone call with tear-jerking news, an unusual use for a bow tie, a plethora of eye-patches and a lapse in grammar when River talks of “theories about you and I”
There’s also an answer of sorts to “the oldest question in the universe”. It’s something the Doctor has been running from his whole life
Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas on this, especially the bits in bold?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed