Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    She's a joke. So clearly bought in by "Red" Ed for the "Tougher than the Tories" we-hate-welfare propaganda, no actual competency in the role at all.
    She's there to fill Milibands female quota, the welfare stuff is classic Balls. I've never actually heard her off line so no idea what she really believes unlike Chucka who's much more pro business off line (hence my belief he's a Blairite).

Shame Hodge never got in the shadow cabinet, she's very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    She's there to fill Milibands female quota, the welfare stuff is classic Balls. I've never actually heard her off line so no idea what she really believes unlike Chucka who's much more pro business off line (hence my belief he's a Blairite).

I'm pretty sure there's women in Labour who'd have been much better for the welfare role from the traditional Labour point of view, Stella Creasey coming to mind. I think it was at least partly an attempt to appeal to the Mail-reading audience. Thought Chucka being a Blairite was pretty open knowledge?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The entire Labour front bench is dreadful, but Rachel Reeves tops the incompetence list.

ReputationRep:
    She's a stain on humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Seen some interesting analysis regarding Labour and Scotland and the Westminster elections next May. At 5% swing from Labour to the SNP but at 8% Labour would lose 19 seats (just under half their MP's - they have 41).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruitker)
    Mad Vlad and Potally_Tissed have stepped down as Section Leaders and have resigned as moderators.
    Yay!

They won't be a lurking shadow anymore!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Seen some interesting analysis regarding Labour and Scotland and the Westminster elections next May. At 5% swing from Labour to the SNP but at 8% Labour would lose 19 seats (just under half their MP's - they have 41).
    Scottish Labour are permanently tainted now in areas of strong nationalism. I think Labour's performance in Glasgow especially will be interesting next year - the SNP can make a big impact there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Birchington)
    This must be the first time you've ever changed your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    Jon Snow ripped into EdM, quite something, better than comedy (start and 4:00 were best).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ygfbpHJGM#t=104
    The man is a walking taking disaster recently, and I wouldn't let his front bench move a bench unsupervised. On top of that he is sacrificing any chance of economic credibility. 'Together, together' has to be the worst line ever.

He is also claiming that the deficit was caused by the 'global financial crisis', and forgetting that Blair ran a deficit in the boom years.

EDIT: Ugly Sun front page tomorrow:https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...340224/photo/1

Scottish Labour are permanently tainted now in areas of strong nationalism. I think Labour's performance in Glasgow especially will be interesting next year - the SNP can make a big impact there.
    Do you think the SNP can gain another overall majority in 2016?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Jon Snow ripped into EdM, quite something, better than comedy (start and 4:00 were best).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ygfbpHJGM#t=104
    The man is a walking taking disaster recently, and I wouldn't let his front bench move a bench unsupervised. On top of that he is sacrificing any chance of economic credibility. 'Together, together' has to be the worst line ever.

He is also claiming that the deficit was caused by the 'global financial crisis', and forgetting that Blair ran a deficit in the boom years.

EDIT: Ugly Sun front page tomorrow:https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...340224/photo/1
    Thanks for posting the link. His mistake and the subsequent fallout has overshadowed his speech and its content completely which is hardly great in the run up to an election. Snow is excellent in this video and he asks the questions and pressed issues which probably should have been dealt with ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Thanks for posting the link. His mistake and the subsequent fallout has overshadowed his speech and its content completely which is hardly great in the run up to an election. Snow is excellent in this video and he asks the questions and pressed issues which probably should have been dealt with ages ago.
    Yep, apparently Nick Robinson did the same sort of demolition job as well. The media have scented blood. DC did old eddy-boy a favour by recalling parliament.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Quick Announcement: I've just been elected Leader of the TSR Labour Party.

:banana:

Hurrah for Labour!
    Hurrah for the Model House of Commons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

Hurrah for Labour!
    Congratulations Ray

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hurrah for Labour!
    Yes!

Well done Ray!!

Also i would like to say that Ray is not a dupe of mine; as some people have thought :L
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Faland)
    This must be the first time you've ever changed your avatar?
    It's a good two years since I last changed it. Cookie Monster was on the telly earlier and inspired me to have a change.

(Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Yes, if they continue to improve on their poll lead and actively convert Labour supporters.

Congrats, you'll be great! Welcome to the Leaders Club.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Congratulations Ray
    Thanks!

(Original post by nebelbon)
    Yes!

Well done Ray!!

Also i would like to say that Ray is not a dupe of mine; as some people have thought :L
    Indeed haha

Congrats, you'll be great! Welcome to the Leaders Club.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    I'd be very surprised if they don't win the next election, and another full-out majority definitely seems possible at this stage. Though I think my ideal scenario would be an SNP minority government relying on a strengthened Green Party to stay in power.

Hurrah for Labour!
    Congrats!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Blue Meltwater)
    Congrats!
    :yy:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Interestingly a BBC-ICM poll has support for Welsh independence at 3% - a record low.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.