Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We were never really getting Benzema and I doubt we'd get him now. What even happened with the Higuain situation, didn't he snub us for Napoli?

Ozil on form is miles ahead of Cazorla. He's had a bad season but this type of buy is much better for the future, if Arsene decides to build the team around him.
    Yes we needed a striker even more but we chased two(which were world class) all summer and both deals ended up turning into ****e. We activated Suarez's clause.
    You can't say it's last minute when the approach had been made way before the deadline either. Sure the £1+ was a scummy move but 40 mil aint cheap.

Bale wasn't a last minute move - everyone knew he was going to Madrid. Why is it hard to believe that we probably weren't able to sign anyone off Madrid until the transfer had actually been complete?
    But the point is, we needed a striker and have done for about 2 seasons now. Not another CAM. We ****ed up the Higuain deal by thinking we could get Suarez with that derisory offer and once we couldn't it was too late, Napoli came in with all their Cavani money and got him. Hard luck, we messed them about and got gazumped, no one to blame but ourselves.

So what if on form Ozil is miles ahead of Cazorla? That isn't the point. The point is we needed a striker! I know he'll have a better season next year but would I rather have him or Benzema/Higuain? No contest, we needed and still need a striker.

It's not hard to believe but once again, we signed the wrong player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I have a UKCAT exam to be preparing for and I'm here like
    Meh it doesn't need much prep, I did it last year off one day's worth of prep.

Actually I think this is my first post in this thread. Stalk it every day though. Doncaster fan with a fondness for Arsenal. Hey guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I have a UKCAT exam to be preparing for and I'm here like
    UKCAT haha, remember that, man got like 850 on QR and flopped the rest so ended up with 650 :lol:. Was so so shook when I left the computer but then they showed me my score and I just saw 850 and :rofl:

Use the 600Q book, also on the website it has the way it's structured in as a format. You don't have enough time to write things down so just use the computer, you need to get used to that. It's also worth having more than a month to practise, whens yours fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    But the point is, we needed a striker and have done for about 2 seasons now. Not another CAM. We ****ed up the Higuain deal by thinking we could get Suarez with that derisory offer and once we couldn't it was too late, Napoli came in with all their Cavani money and got him. Hard luck, we messed them about and got gazumped, no one to blame but ourselves.

So what if on form Ozil is miles ahead of Cazorla? That isn't the point. The point is we needed a striker! I know he'll have a better season next year but would I rather have him or Benzema/Higuain? No contest, we needed and still need a striker.

It's not hard to believe but once again, we signed the wrong player.
    I get your point and don't disagree. Still think the Suarez shamble wasn't our fault (though the £1 was) since we activated his clause. Shouldn't they of legally had to sell to us?

Ozil won't be the wrong signing if we get a striker this summer however. Not sure if we'd even get one but DM is just as important if not more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I get your point and don't disagree. Still think the Suarez shamble wasn't our fault (though the £1 was) since we activated his clause. Shouldn't they of legally had to sell to us?

Ozil won't be the wrong signing if we get a striker this summer however. Not sure if we'd even get one but DM is just as important if not more.
    Liverpool have something we don't a backbone; they told us to get the **** outta here with that bull****!!

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight, we don't need Fabregas, but we need Diaby, Arteta and Flamini?!

Is Arsene on drugs?

Wenger signed Kallstrom who obviously wasn't needed in our squad and now he rejects Fabregas because we have a lot of midfielder ffs. THIS MAN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will-2609)
    Meh it doesn't need much prep, I did it last year off one day's worth of prep.

Actually I think this is my first post in this thread. Stalk it every day though. Doncaster fan with a fondness for Arsenal. Hey guys.
    Lol you've seen all the shambles that goes on here. All the trolling, the arguments, the attacks haha

But hey

(Original post by jam278)
    UKCAT haha, remember that, man got like 850 on QR and flopped the rest so ended up with 650 :lol:. Was so so shook when I left the computer but then they showed me my score and I just saw 850 and :rofl:

Use the 600Q book, also on the website it has the way it's structured in as a format. You don't have enough time to write things down so just use the computer, you need to get used to that. It's also worth having more than a month to practise, whens yours fam.
    I booked it for August- so I got plenty of time. Yeah I got that book too lol, I'm saving the mocks for about a week in advance though.

I wanna match your score, or get at least over 800. For post graduate entry, the cut off is higher than that of undergraduate entry

You doing med now?

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight, we don't need Fabregas, but we need Diaby, Arteta and Flamini?!

Is Arsene on drugs?

Wenger signed Kallstrom who obviously wasn't needed in our squad and now he rejects Fabregas because we have a lot of midfielder ffs. THIS MAN!
    Hopefully you're wrong.

Hopefully it's the emirates where cesc is going to :/

And wdf, yeah I just realised, we signed kallstrom when we were crying out for a striker and now apparently we don't need another midfielder?! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Also, recently I bought a TV from currys and they have that cash for goals thing going on right.

I had an option to choose either £5 cash back per goal for Brazil or £10 cash back per goal for England

Obviously Brazil will score more than england, but for me to win say £40 back, brazil would need to score 8 goals where England only need to score four.

So, I chose England :/

Something tells me I should have stuck to Brazil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Lol you've seen all the shambles that goes on here. All the trolling, the arguments, the attacks haha

But hey

I booked it for August- so I got plenty of time. Yeah I got that book too lol, I'm saving the mocks for about a week in advance though.

I wanna match your score, or get at least over 800. For post graduate entry, the cut off is higher than that of undergraduate entry

You doing med now?
    Yep, see it every day haha!

The 600Q book is good, but the mocks are just depressing. I did both the night before and got 500-odd, with 300 in both AR and QR. Next day in the real exam I got 832.5 average with 900 in both those sections. Most postgrads just apply to the undergrad course don't they, cause it's easier to get onto?

Anyway this is completely off-topic, apologies

ReputationRep:

Is Arsene on drugs?

Lol relax man it's not even July and everyone's panicking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Also, recently I bought a TV from currys and they have that cash for goals thing going on right.

I had an option to choose either £5 cash back per goal for Brazil or £10 cash back per goal for England

Obviously Brazil will score more than england, but for me to win say £40 back, brazil would need to score 8 goals where England only need to score four.

So, I chose England :/

Something tells me I should have stuck to Brazil?
    Well Brazil will likely play twice as many games as England, and will definitely score more goals per game I'd guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's actually ridiculous how the thread can get 8 pages of hysterics overnight based on some journalist saying something.

And it happens EVERY year, but nobody ever learns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BECAUSE THIS ISNT NEW, THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!

Arsene has me stressing, 3 years as well, 3 years of this bull**** coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

But hey

You doing med now?
    Fair enough August is enough time to get a good score.

To get 800 in more than one would be tough, I'd say that 700 minimum would be needed for post grad, while around 600 minimum is needed for undergrad.

I don't do med, got rejected, mainly down to bad GCSE grades compared to who I had. Quite a bummer that at the age of 16 you've essentially been determined your career at an academic institution. Got AAB so next to impossible to get in now though unless I apply for access. Gonna graduate this year so will just look for an internship/****ty job for the meanwhile or take up a masters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    It's actually ridiculous how the thread can get 8 pages of hysterics overnight based on some journalist saying something.

Twitter has exploded with Wenger hatred! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Twitter has exploded with Wenger hatred! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like this kind of thing you mean? ...

BECAUSE THIS ISNT NEW, THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!

Arsene has me stressing, 3 years as well, 3 years of this bull**** coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What has Arsene done? Did I miss something and Cesc to Chelsea has been confirmed by the clubs? Cos that's what it sounds like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)

This is why everyone hates us, we can be so pathetic at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else seeing this rubbish from @transfersources that we've had a bid for Hulk accepted by Zenit.

What is this bull****!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's because it's not even July & Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG are already strengthening.

And we'll do **** all until the last week

And Chelsea can potentially take our ex captain, which is another reason to panic

You're right though, far too early lol

Wenger might do a mad one in July

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.