Turn on thread page Beta

Miscellaneous Thread Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lucio fronts like he ain't scared of death, scenes when he's crying like a ***** on his deathbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Lucio fronts like he ain't scared of death, scenes when he's crying like a ***** on his deathbed
    Lol ***** pls.
    If I was scared of death, I'd just say I was.

There's no shame in admitting it; it's something we all need to go through and saying you're scared just makes you a little more human.
    It shows that you appreciate the time you had; not wanting it to end just means that you appreciate life itself.

Inb4 childish reply to ruin conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've wanted to go to Wimbledon every year and for whatever reason its never happened. I'm not doing anything this weekend so may as well go try my luck in the queue...
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    would camp out if i were you, they are busier than they've ever been atm, some people are camping out now for next week ffs. Got there just after 7:30am and was told that i'd have to be in the queue till about 5pm, and that if I wanted any chance to get showcourt tickets for tomorrow I would have to pitch up a tent before 10am and just sit in or around it all day. Haven't got the energy to pull some DofE **** myself but good luck to whoever does.

ReputationRep:
    **** me just watch it on TV in the comfort of your own home. Get a much better view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Lol ***** pls.
    If I was scared of death, I'd just say I was.

There's no shame in admitting it; it's something we all need to go through and saying you're scared just makes you a little more human.
    It shows that you appreciate the time you had; not wanting it to end just means that you appreciate life itself.

Inb4 childish reply to ruin conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's one of those things that's impossible to predict unless you've been in that situation before. It's like when people get out the "would you take a bullet for me" tagline, and it's impossible to give a definitive anger. Of course we'd all like to think we would, but who knows what we'd do when put in that situation ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Heather's gonna get absolutely rekt by Serena

ReputationRep:
    I love Serena. Hot as ****. 10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Will be more one-sided than a gang-rape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I love Serena. Hot as ****. 10/10
    not sure if srs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    not sure if srs
    I'm serious. Good looking and her body is hard.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of those things that's impossible to predict unless you've been in that situation before. It's like when people get out the "would you take a bullet for me" tagline, and it's impossible to give a definitive anger. Of course we'd all like to think we would, but who knows what we'd do when put in that situation ourselves.
    i couldn't agree more - it's the same for any extreme situation tbh.

when you say you would be or wouldn't be afraid, you of course can't be certain.
    all you can go with is how well you know yourself, and with respect i'm pretty sure i know myself better than you know me

my mother is terrified of dying and i have trouble empathising with her; that's how i know with near certainty that i don't fear death.
    there are certain scenarios in which i'd prefer not to die such as drowning or being burned/buried alive, but in the grand scheme i can't say it bothers me all too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    the power in her tennis is quite exceptional and this match won't last very long.
    she isn't serving much slower than a lot of the men do, and that's ridiculous in itself.

i do maintain that she wouldn't stand a chance against a top 50 male player, however on her day the power and precision in her play blows every female in the world out of the water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    the power in her tennis is quite exceptional and this match won't last very long.
    she isn't serving much slower than a lot of the men do, and that's ridiculous in itself.
    i do maintain that she wouldn't stand a chance against a top 50 male player, however on her day the power and precision in her play blows every female in the world out of the water.
    Top 200 at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

She played a guy who was world 200 and got rekt, don't think she won a game in 2 sets. He'd spent the morning drinking and smoking as well, lols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Top 200 at least
    See above pal

ReputationRep:
    She played a guy who was world 200 and got rekt, don't think she won a game in 2 sets. He'd spent the morning drinking and smoking as well, lols.
    It was only 1 set and she won 1 game, he played Venus the same day as well. They were 17/18 tbf but even so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Top 200 at least
    She played a guy who was world 200 and got rekt, don't think she won a game in 2 sets
    i was being kind just in case somebody decided to call me up for being sexist
    legit didn't know that though, how grim

let's be honest, males are just naturally stronger, faster and more resilient.
    they will move faster around the court, hit harder shots and be able to maintain it better throughout the game.
    the only thing that a top female would potentially be better than a decent male in would be technique and mentality.
    this isn't a sexist thing btw, it's just natural human biology and it's irrefutable.

that being said, you can't deny how dominant serena can be at times.
    would you say she's the best female of all time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i was being kind just in case somebody decided to call me up for being sexist
    legit didn't know that though, how grim
    let's be honest, males are just naturally stronger, faster and more resilient.
    they will move faster around the court, hit harder shots and be able to maintain it better throughout the game.
    the only thing that a top female would potentially be better than a decent male in would be technique and mentality.
    this isn't a sexist thing btw, it's just natural human biology and it's irrefutable.
    that being said, you can't deny how dominant serena can be at times.
    would you say she's the best female of all time?
    It's always cringe when people deny the size of the difference between the sexes physically

Obviously I've never seen the likes of Navratilova, Evert, Graf etc play but Serena's almost certainly gonna become the leader in grand slam titles so yeah probably

ReputationRep:
    Who's the aggressive ginger?

ReputationRep:
    Serena :cool:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.