Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    despairing and agitated and just sad and hopeless and just everything is awful :cry: I wish it would **** off forever. this is hellish. living in this skin is just too much. my thoughts and feelings are just constant and too much and I cant function and I just want to do this any more. this isn't fair. none of this is fair.
    :hugs: Scary. It's not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    :hugs: Scary. It's not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    literally awful. how are you?

ReputationRep:
    literally awful. how are you?
    Not good. Exam tomorrow. No revision.
    You can I'm pretty much screwed. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Procastrination is still my worst enemy!

ReputationRep:
    My brain is so messed up currently. I dont even know what to do or anything.

ED TW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    half my brain is like "omg youv eaten so much you pig you disgust me"
    But the other half is like "all youv eaten today is 2 meals and some snacks go make something else, you hardly ate yesterday aswell"

But i dont know which part to believe im literally so confused by it all. These thoughts are there all day every day and i dont know which ones to believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Not good. Exam tomorrow. No revision.
    You can I'm pretty much screwed. :gthumb:
    Yeah. in the same position. in the middle of exams and done approximately 0 revision. remember, whatever happens, a set of exams do not define you. it isn't the be all and end all and you can do good things. university is far from everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)

ED TW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But the other half is like "all youv eaten today is 2 meals and some snacks go make something else, you hardly ate yesterday aswell"

But i dont know which part to believe im literally so confused by it all. These thoughts are there all day every day and i dont know which ones to believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: i'd set a benchmark. something like 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks is a normal, healthy amount for a day. try and aim for that and stick with it to avoid any confusing/conflicting thoughts. I know it not necessarily that easy, but if your thoughts and perceptions seem to be changing then setting some sort of healthy 'target' or 'ideal' for you might help.

ReputationRep:

ED TW
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know if this will help (I have no experience of eating disorders) but could you use something like myfitnesspal to track the calories in what you eat and then you'll know whether or not you're under/over eating?

Sorry if this is a crap idea.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: i'd set a benchmark. something like 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks is a normal, healthy amount for a day. try and aim for that and stick with it to avoid any confusing/conflicting thoughts. I know it not necessarily that easy, but if your thoughts and perceptions seem to be changing then setting some sort of healthy 'target' or 'ideal' for you might help.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i honestly dont know when i last ate 3 actual meals in one day usually i have 1 meal and a couple of snacks. Today i made a roast and i was struggling half way through but forced it down, and this was about 4pm and now i dont know if im hungry or full. Literally so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know if this will help (I have no experience of eating disorders) but could you use something like myfitnesspal to track the calories in what you eat and then you'll know whether or not you're under/over eating?

Sorry if this is a crap idea.

Spoiler:
    Show
    iv tried that before though i struggled with working out how much id eaten of each thing, but it did make things worse cos i though "oohhhh only had 1000 calories today, wonder if i can beat that tomorrow" so i try not to count calories

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i honestly dont know when i last ate 3 actual meals in one day usually i have 1 meal and a couple of snacks. Today i made a roast and i was struggling half way through but forced it down, and this was about 4pm and now i dont know if im hungry or full. Literally so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, that was just what I plucked out of my head really. Maybe think about what you ate before you started getting these thoughts, and take that as normal for you? I would suggest though that anything below the amount of food within 3 meals and a couple of snacks isn't really enough for a day, however you choose to distribute this food throughout the day. (I hope this makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    iv tried that before though i struggled with working out how much id eaten of each thing, but it did make things worse cos i though "oohhhh only had 1000 calories today, wonder if i can beat that tomorrow" so i try not to count calories

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah I see, sorry for the bad idea.

Scary seems to be offering good advice. I hope you manage to sort this. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, that was just what I plucked out of my head really. Maybe think about what you ate before you started getting these thoughts, and take that as normal for you? I would suggest though that anything below the amount of food within 3 meals and a couple of snacks isn't really enough for a day, however you choose to distribute this food throughout the day. (I hope this makes sense)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i guess iv always had a weird relationship with food, but they are 2 extremes of each other really, i can go from not eating much at all, it was at its worst when i was at school, to binge eating. So i guess i dont KNOW whats normal if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah I see, sorry for the bad idea.

Scary seems to be offering good advice. I hope you manage to sort this. :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah, it was a good idea, but i worry if i start following calories ill become obsessed with the numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi,

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I'm currently in hospital but hopefully I will be discharged soon. Thought I'd join to meet others who are going through similar experiences as me, to get support and give support. I look forward to getting to know people on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Procastrination is still my worst enemy!
    same. Going to have to hit the gym tomorrow morning now.

So tired of having to hide everything

may need to re-ban from TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i guess iv always had a weird relationship with food, but they are 2 extremes of each other really, i can go from not eating much at all, it was at its worst when i was at school, to binge eating. So i guess i dont KNOW whats normal if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I can completely understand that. My eating has always been 'black and white' with no healthy balance so I appreciate it is absolutely not easy. I would say, if in doubt, to eat that little bit more rather than too little though. try not to get obsessed with numbers or anything food related if at all possible, but again, I know this is not easy/thoughts cannot be 'controlled' as such. sorry this is no help whatsoever. having binged for years, then restricted and purged for about a year, and then back to binging, I would personally rather be binging than being in that obsessive restricting cycle again. I know you have been offered a dietician in the past and I wonder if that would be of some use, and if for nothing else, to give you that sort of guideline of what is 'normal' without focusing on calories. Essentially, I would also trust your body - if you are hungry, then eat, if you feel full or satisfied, then try not to. Again, sorry this is obvious/useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    hi,

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I'm currently in hospital but hopefully I will be discharged soon. Thought I'd join to meet others who are going through similar experiences as me, to get support and give support. I look forward to getting to know people on this thread.
    Hey there, buddy

Hope hospital isn't too bad for you. Sorry to hear that you have schizophrenia but hopefully now they know what's up you can get the appropriate help and get on your way to feeling better. Welcome to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    hi,

:hi: Welcome to the thread!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    hi,

Hiya! Welcome to MHSS, though sorry to hear of what brings you here. Hopefully you will find this a safe and supportive environment to be part of.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.