Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PointDexter)
    Got mine this afternoon, due to your consistent visitation on this thread I figured you'd be the best person to ask this- what did you take to the exam? Better still what should i take? Pens? what form of identification etc? Thanks for your help in advance x
    Check your email confirmation to see what to bring for the exam in terms of ID as if it's wrong then you can't sit the exam! So check you have the right ID and don't forget it!! You aren't allowed pens,water, or even a hoodie with you. So make sure you dress warm-ish! Basically just bring you and your ID! Make sure you drink a bit before hand and eat but not too much! Definitely go to the toilet before you start the test as that's one less thing to worry about 😂Any belongings you bring, you can put them into a locker there! Good luck!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Final mock complete.
    VR - 770
    AR - 770
    QR - 600

Average 713

QR just does not want to get better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually furious. I have been waiting for ages to take this test, revised loads. End up going to the centre and they say that somebody has drilled through the Network Cable and the whole system is down.
    And now it automatically says I was a No Show on my profile.
    When I called them up they said I'd have to rebook for somewhere 90 miles away from me the same day.
    I have no clue what to do

ReputationRep:
    omg i am petrifieddd... test so sooooon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Mine had much less data x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    does back space work for clearing the calculator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASupertramp)
    Final mock complete.
    VR - 770
    AR - 770
    QR - 600

Average 713

QR just does not want to get better.
    Do you have any advice on flagging? How often do you do it? How long does it take for you to decide to flag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonecenter)
    I'm actually furious. I have been waiting for ages to take this test, revised loads. End up going to the centre and they say that somebody has drilled through the Network Cable and the whole system is down.
    And now it automatically says I was a No Show on my profile.
    When I called them up they said I'd have to rebook for somewhere 90 miles away from me the same day.
    I have no clue what to do
    I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure you were anxious as hell yesterday, expecting to get it out of the way today. Which (general) area is the test centre in? Have they offered you compensation in any form? (A 'sorry'?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    omg i am petrifieddd... test so sooooon
    Good luck! What time does it start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThrowawayMike)
    I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure you were anxious as hell yesterday, expecting to get it out of the way today. Which (general) area is the test centre in? Have they offered you compensation in any form? (A 'sorry'?)
    I sacrificed two trials with top USA Universities and essential team training this weekend just revising. And all I got was, 'Call Back Later'. They indirectly apologised and that was it. I live in Portsmouth, so Fratton is my centre, but I am so financially tight right now, nowhere else is good for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThrowawayMike)
    Do you have any advice on flagging? How often do you do it? How long does it take for you to decide to flag?
    With VR I rarely flag, if I can't spot the keyword within a few seconds due to it being very dense text (military history, ships, very technical) I'll guess and flag, so maybe one or two sets.

QR I flag immediately if it's something I know I'd either can't, or struggle to answer. So about 6 sets.
    Data from a table, fine. Percentage changes, fine. Currency conversion, fine.
    Area of circles, flag. Pie, flag. Multi step calculations, flag.

AR I only flag once and it's usually if the shapes fill the box, struggle with those.

ReputationRep:
    I sacrificed two trials with top USA Universities and essential team training this weekend just revising. And all I got was, 'Call Back Later'. They indirectly apologised and that was it. I live in Portsmouth, so Fratton is my centre, but I am so financially tight right now, nowhere else is good for me.
    So are they suggesting that you can take the test in this cycle?

ReputationRep:
    So are they suggesting that you can take the test in this cycle?
    Well they said they'll call with a reschedule, but on my personal page, I've been given a 'No Show'. The website won't let me ATTEMPT to even search for potential other tests in that area. But apparently when I went to the centre, they'll be requesting a time extension.

ReputationRep:
    Well they said they'll call with a reschedule, but on my personal page, I've been given a 'No Show'. The website won't let me ATTEMPT to even search for potential other tests in that area. But apparently when I went to the centre, they'll be requesting a time extension.
    I suppose it's little comfort when you've built up to the exam. If mine was cancelled tomorrow I'd be extremely miffed.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's little comfort when you've built up to the exam. If mine was cancelled tomorrow I'd be extremely miffed.
    I'm not even exaggerating this, I've invested 40+ hours into this exam, and sacrificed so much for it, for it to be cancelled due to the stupidest reason I have ever heard. I wish you luck that you do not suffer the same fate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza_33)
    does back space work for clearing the calculator?
    Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even exaggerating this, I've invested 40+ hours into this exam, and sacrificed so much for it, for it to be cancelled due to the stupidest reason I have ever heard. I wish you luck that you do not suffer the same fate
    I'm so sorry ❤️ I hope it gets sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I'm so sorry ❤️ I hope it gets sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youu <3

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've got my UKCAT tomorrow and just sat a mock on Medify in which I got VR-570 QR-570 AR-550! I'm so so so worried and I don't know what to do...Does anyone have any advice on how to practice and try to improve in the next 12 hours? I think I'm going to be sick I'm panicking so much.

VR I struggle completely, I can rarely find key words
    QR I always run out of time or misinterpret the data
    AR I'm just can't see the links :/

Are medify mocks easier or harder than the real thing? What about the maths questions in the actual test- what are they like?
    Please, any advice will be of great help
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedspecimen)
    Hey guys,

I've got my UKCAT tomorrow and just sat a mock on Medify in which I got VR-570 QR-570 AR-550! I'm so so so worried and I don't know what to do...Does anyone have any advice on how to practice and try to improve in the next 12 hours? I think I'm going to be sick I'm panicking so much.

VR I struggle completely, I can rarely find key words
    QR I always run out of time or misinterpret the data
    AR I'm just can't see the links :/

Are medify mocks easier or harder than the real thing? What about the maths questions in the actual test- what are they like?
    Please, any advice will be of great help
    Thank you!!
    Don't worry too much about your mock scores. There is no point in panicking between now and tomorrow, it won't help anything.
    Just relax, have a bath, read over some shapes/patterns techniques and be in the zone for tomorrow.

Telling people not to worry when my test is tomorrow is somewhat cathartic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickynjoe)
    Hellooo, I want to study medicine and was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me.
    UKCAT= 670 (2010)
    VR= 570
    QR= 740
    AR= 700
    Band 2
    AS grades= AAAA
    A2 predicted= A* A* A
    GCSE grades= 6 A*s and 3 As
    I have done lots of volunteering and work experience!
    I was thinking of applying to Hull York, Bristol/Cardiff, Manchester/Liverpool, Newcastle or Birmingham. I really love Newcastle but my UKCAT score is average so I don't think I can apply there anymore. Has anyone got any advice in regards to the types of unis which I am most likely going to gain an interview! Also, I don't think I will be a strong applicant for Birmingham, do they have a minimum cut off of 7 or 8 A*s still??

Thank you!!!
    I would leave Newcastle and Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.