Edexcel chemistry 1 Watch

science king
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for peraffin ..... is it from fossil fuels ( crude oil ) ???
franco1000
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PureGenius)
Yes ^^ as its only one mark for each, just need accelerate for electric and deflect for magnetic as the key words
ah thank u soo much
franco1000
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by science king)
for peraffin ..... is it from fossil fuels ( crude oil ) ???
yh it was crude oil, but i just cudnt remember these words in the exams so i ended up putting coal! lool
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
where is the paper? some 1 upload it pls
jskapur
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Soppe)

yes please, if someone has it.
Please upload it.
Thanks
franco1000
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Soppe)
i dont think anyones got it, its strange usually theres someone who manages to upload the paper every time but i guess we r just unluky. we might hav 2 wait a while to get our hands on it.
faizahc
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Epic_Fail)
omg that question was just pure evil, i made up the biggest load of crap ever, i said the test tube could've fallen and split the water 8-) and that they could minimise the risk by having the test tube held firmly by a clamp also the beaker used to put the water in could have been bigger so that the water isn't so near the edge!

i mean come on, looking back at that answer makes me sound like a complete idiot LOL
The main risk was the delivery tube would suck water back when the heating stop so they had to remove it before they stopped heating it
SK-mar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by franco1000)
do you rekon i will get the marks for saying :

electric field : used to accelerate the sample
magnetic field: used to deflet the sample
for the electric field one i put it directs the ions into a narrow beam through the mass spec. will that get the mark? its what it says in my revision guide.
SK-mar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by faizahc)
The main risk was the delivery tube would suck water back when the heating stop so they had to remove it before they stopped heating it
yeh but that wasnt a risk whilst they were heating it so it cant have been one of the valid risks surely? Im almost 100% sure the biggest risk was that the bung didnt even fit the tube LOL.... therefore major gas leakage. Btw i think saying that the test tube in the water wasnt fixed by a clamp is a valid point cos the other tube had an arrow pointing to it saying it was fixed. Lets be serious a tube held by nothing isnt just gonna stay there fixed therefore id say it was a risk .
woozeybear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SK-mar)
yeh but that wasnt a risk whilst they were heating it so it cant have been one of the valid risks surely? Im almost 100% sure the biggest risk was that the bung didnt even fit the tube LOL.... therefore major gas leakage. Btw i think saying that the test tube in the water wasnt fixed by a clamp is a valid point cos the other tube had an arrow pointing to it saying it was fixed. Lets be serious a tube held by nothing isnt just gonna stay there fixed therefore id say it was a risk .
If the delivery tube is under water the water gets sucked up and the test tube explodes..trust me - I've done it didn't write it down though..dang..

Oh wait..I didn't read something right..now I'm not sure I'm gonna revise!
infernalcradle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
can someone put the damn paper up!

ugh...I flopped this paper
DaveyJam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Craydot)
The question abt electron density maps was D, the one with the most distorted electron cloud right?
No, D had delta +ve and delta -ve which means that it was covalent

C was showing perfectly ionic (which is was not)

A/B showed Iodine being distorted or Lithium being distorted - Iodine was distorted
infernalcradle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DaveyJam)
No, D had delta +ve and delta -ve which means that it was covalent

C was showing perfectly ionic (which is was not)

A/B showed Iodine being distorted or Lithium being distorted - Iodine was distorted
exactly...it was A....you had the small lithium ion and the large iodine ion, neither touching, but the iodine was distorted towards the lithium
aneesh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Solutions Anyone ????
franco1000
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SK-mar)
for the electric field one i put it directs the ions into a narrow beam through the mass spec. will that get the mark? its what it says in my revision guide.
i rekon if my answer wud get the mark, urs definatley will
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
some one upload the paper
crazymonkey24
Report 8 years ago
i liked the paper better than the jan 2010 one but i think i lost easy marks. I can't tell how i did. ????????? :unsure:
Ryan03201
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For the question about the risks for the apparatus I said heating the aluminium oxide was very exothermic so therefore I would heat for a few seconds then remove the flame then heat etc to avoid the test tube breaking/melting. Will I get at least 1 mark or have I thrown away 4 marks?
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Soppe)
Did any 1 get how many isotopes for br78 n br82 thing.... I pit 2 but I wasn't sure.. And come to think of it I may have let slip a few maks here n there
I think there were 3 peaks

79-79
79-81
and then 158-158

But obviously I'm probably gonna be wrong :/

I found the multiple choice questions really tricky as well.

Especially the one with the ionisation energies graph where we had to identify the group for the certain letter. That really stumped me

I agree that it's not enough to just memorise and remember in chemistry. You have to actually understand most of it as well

Arghhhh another fail for me then :'(
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stratos)
I think most of it was fairly average however the Paraffin questions were nonsensical there was nothing about paraffin in the edexcel chemistry book >< And i also fked up the ppm completely forgot how it worked and just skipped it on revision.
I Think i wrote crude oil for that one, but my friend said it came from petrol :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (177)
80.09%
Leave (44)
19.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise