Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is still only 6 votes for the film review competition. :hmmm: Need... more... votes.

(Original post by unknownking321)
    I don't watch many music videos but I really appreciate these:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Can anyone recommend any others I should watch? :holmes:
    There are only two videos I have gone out of my way to watch. One was that bizarre MIA video about ginger apartheid that got banned off youtube, and the other one is this:

(Original post by francescarella)
    ince my dissertation is about Disney, i did indeed know this although I'm sure the largest shareholder in Disney was someone else like Stanley Gold. bahhh whatever lol.
    Bah, the internet always turns up someone more informed than me. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    There is still only 6 votes for the film review competition. :hmmm: Need... more... votes.

There are only two videos I have gone out of my way to watch. One was that bizarre MIA video about ginger apartheid that got banned off youtube, and the other one is this:

Bah, the internet always turns up someone more informed than me. :p:
    I actually read over my notes and it was in fact Sid Bass, but then he sold his share and Michael Eisner was like ohhhhhh crap. and finally left and made Bob Iger CEO.

Poll would have worked better even though would have had to opened the thread, you got would have got significantly more votes from "newbies".

So do we extend the deadline to get more reviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Poll would have worked better even though would have had to opened the thread, you got would have got significantly more votes from "newbies".
    I think the main problem with making voting more accessible is that we would get more people voting who haven't read all of the entries. I guess it's a trade-off we probably need to make though.

Still, this comp is still in the early stages. I guess we chalk it up to a learning experience and carry on.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to sleep with happy thoughts, but I can't stop watching Saving Private Ryan.

I think the main problem with making voting more accessible is that we would get more people voting who haven't read all of the entries. I guess it's a trade-off we probably need to make though.

Still, this comp is still in the early stages. I guess we chalk it up to a learning experience and carry on.
    Indeed. :teeth:

So when does the winner get announced? :ninja: I have a good feeling I know who it is tbh.

So when does the winner get announced? :ninja: I have a good feeling I know who it is tbh.
    Please share. Who did you go for btw?

(Original post by S-man10)
    Please share. Who did you go for btw?
    Entry #1. My powers of deduction lead me to believe it is Phalanges. :holmes: (or maybe I'm too familiar with the way he writes/types )

Entry #1. My powers of deduction lead me to believe it is Phalanges. :holmes:
    Hmmm. A very astute observation. But the question remains, why would the conductor enter himself?

Hmmm. A very astute observation. But the question remains, why would the conductor enter himself?
    He said he would.

He said he would.
    A fact that I missed. Very good observation Holmes. :holmes:

Another thing, you post in the games and competition section most of the time and are pretty well known. So why not persuade a few people to send in some last minute votes?

A fact that I missed. Very good observation Holmes. :holmes:

Another thing, you post in the games and competition section most of the time and are pretty well known. So why not persuade a few people to send in some last minute votes?
    We all see, I simply observe. :holmes:

A good observation on your part. I shall see what I can do. :holmes:

And I only started posting there recently

And I only started posting there recently
    Some friendly PR wouldn't hurt FFS.

Some friendly PR wouldn't hurt FFS.
    Indeed. I have informed people through the thread and chat.

Talking of friendly PR, I seem to be the only one promoting the society tbh.

You should have, at the very least, 2 more votes now.

Indeed. I have informed people through the thread and chat.

Thanks for reminding me. I needed to update my sig.

Posted in the chat section. :ninja:

Lets hope people respond.

ReputationRep:

It will get announced when CS is next online, I guess - he's the only one with the results and the power to open the thread.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I've been harassing plenty of mods to try and get them to vote. :p:

Well I did say I would, and it's not as if being the organiser would have given me any kind of advantage - I have nothing to do with counting the votes, and it would have been obvious immediately if I'd tampered with anyone's entry.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.