The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
There is still only 6 votes for the film review competition. :hmmm: Need... more... votes.

There are only two videos I have gone out of my way to watch. One was that bizarre MIA video about ginger apartheid that got banned off youtube, and the other one is this:

Bah, the internet always turns up someone more informed than me. :p:

I actually read over my notes and it was in fact Sid Bass, but then he sold his share and Michael Eisner was like ohhhhhh crap. and finally left and made Bob Iger CEO.
Phalanges
There is still only 6 votes for the film review competition. :hmmm: Need... more... votes.

Poll would have worked better even though would have had to opened the thread, you got would have got significantly more votes from "newbies".
Reply 662
So do we extend the deadline to get more reviews?
Ape Gone Insane
Poll would have worked better even though would have had to opened the thread, you got would have got significantly more votes from "newbies".

I think the main problem with making voting more accessible is that we would get more people voting who haven't read all of the entries. I guess it's a trade-off we probably need to make though.

Still, this comp is still in the early stages. I guess we chalk it up to a learning experience and carry on. :h:
I want to go to sleep with happy thoughts, but I can't stop watching Saving Private Ryan.
Phalanges
I think the main problem with making voting more accessible is that we would get more people voting who haven't read all of the entries. I guess it's a trade-off we probably need to make though.

Still, this comp is still in the early stages. I guess we chalk it up to a learning experience and carry on. :h:

Indeed. :teeth:

So when does the winner get announced? :ninja: I have a good feeling I know who it is tbh. :colonhash:
Reply 666
Ape Gone Insane

So when does the winner get announced? :ninja: I have a good feeling I know who it is tbh. :colonhash:

Please share. Who did you go for btw?
S-man10
Please share. Who did you go for btw?

Entry #1. My powers of deduction lead me to believe it is Phalanges. :holmes: (or maybe I'm too familiar with the way he writes/types :colondollar: )
Reply 668
Ape Gone Insane
Entry #1. My powers of deduction lead me to believe it is Phalanges. :holmes:

Hmmm. A very astute observation. But the question remains, why would the conductor enter himself?
S-man10
Hmmm. A very astute observation. But the question remains, why would the conductor enter himself?

He said he would.
Reply 670
Ape Gone Insane
He said he would.

A fact that I missed. Very good observation Holmes. :holmes:

Another thing, you post in the games and competition section most of the time and are pretty well known. So why not persuade a few people to send in some last minute votes?
S-man10
A fact that I missed. Very good observation Holmes. :holmes:

Another thing, you post in the games and competition section most of the time and are pretty well known. So why not persuade a few people to send in some last minute votes?

We all see, I simply observe. :holmes:

A good observation on your part. I shall see what I can do. :holmes:
And I only started posting there recently :colonhash:
Reply 673
Ape Gone Insane
And I only started posting there recently :colonhash:

Some friendly PR wouldn't hurt FFS. :colonhash:
S-man10
Some friendly PR wouldn't hurt FFS. :colonhash:

Indeed. I have informed people through the thread and chat.

Talking of friendly PR, I seem to be the only one promoting the society tbh. :colonhash:
Phalanges

You should have, at the very least, 2 more votes now. :wink:
Reply 676
Ape Gone Insane
Indeed. I have informed people through the thread and chat.

Talking of friendly PR, I seem to be the only one promoting the society tbh. :colonhash:

Thanks for reminding me. I needed to update my sig.
Reply 677
Posted in the chat section. :ninja:

Lets hope people respond.
Ape Gone Insane

It will get announced when CS is next online, I guess - he's the only one with the results and the power to open the thread.

Ape Gone Insane

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I've been harassing plenty of mods to try and get them to vote. :p:

S-man10

Well I did say I would, and it's not as if being the organiser would have given me any kind of advantage - I have nothing to do with counting the votes, and it would have been obvious immediately if I'd tampered with anyone's entry.
Phalanges

Well I did say I would, and it's not as if being the organiser would have given me any kind of advantage - I have nothing to do with counting the votes, and it would have been obvious immediately if I'd tampered with anyone's entry.

Lies and sabotage. :ninja: I was watching the Unbreakable yesterday. Firstly, it's disappointing (looking through the M. Night Shyamalan catalogue) of how many times the director has tried (and failed) to emulate the success of the Sixth Sense. I think he (and I see many others think so to) is/was a one trick pony to be honest. :colonhash:

Back from the tangent, at the end of Unbreakable (spoilers) the guy said his role as a villain should have been immediately obvious from his nickname "Mr. Glass".

Your nickname is Doctor Phalanges. :holmes: A very villain-esque ring to to it. :beard:

Latest