ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    i know CMS's boyfriend!!!
    YIKES.

And here I was thinking that CMS is a guy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    eh come on...

(Original post by CMS)
    i tells yer, this is singapore, we all know each other in singapore.
    what am i up to? packing luggageARGH. then BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK!!!! :eek: so in effect i have 1 more week to pack, bloody new immigration restrictions to abide by, and as a result of all the aforementioned, die. btw i'm leaving 1 sep, beat that. which in effect means i'm the guinea pig for international students going to the uk.

more news on whether i reach there alive or end up in barbados will come in due time.

ReputationRep:
    CMS -could- be a guy y'know. And still have a boyfriend

Stupid luggage restrictions *stabstab*

I'm up to work til September. Going to attempt visa applications (again.) and open bank account and meet up with like everyone next week. Busybusy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redserene)
    CMS -could- be a guy y'know. And still have a boyfriend

Stupid luggage restrictions *stabstab*

I'm up to work til September. Going to attempt visa applications (again.) and open bank account and meet up with like everyone next week. Busybusy.
    Oh oh... :ninja: :p:

I might have missed it earlier.. but what are you working as? And did the visa apps not turn out fine the first time round?

ReputationRep:
    since serene is away somewhere (and yet refuses to deliver my bubble pack) i shall answer for her.

the visa people are surprisingly quite particular; they want all the supporting documents in and the information in the form must be complete. so to avoid making wasted trips down to robinson road, call them up to check first, although it only helps a little, and then cut down on the number of wasted trips made. voila!

8 hours to work... ARGH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    since serene is away somewhere (and yet refuses to deliver my bubble pack) i shall answer for her.

the visa people are surprisingly quite particular; they want all the supporting documents in and the information in the form must be complete. so to avoid making wasted trips down to robinson road, call them up to check first, although it only helps a little, and then cut down on the number of wasted trips made. voila!

8 hours to work... ARGH
    How long did it take altogether for the application to be processed?

ReputationRep:
    took me only 3 days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    took me only 3 days...
    WHAT?!

Surely you didn't tell them about your JI links... :ninja:

</dry_humour> :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Okay, I don't want to be associated with this post anymore. JI?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    oh darnit. i'm escaping the evil clutches of JI and jumping into the arms of al qaeda...

ReputationRep:
    oiiiiiiiiiiiiii did you want tsr shut down? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    oiiiiiiiiiiiiii did you want tsr shut down? :p:
    That's the plan, but let's keep it under wraps for now. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Mine took a day only actually... And with one visit.

ReputationRep:
    Eh don't bring the bubble wrap into this!

Anyway I got rejected twice. First because of a typo error in my temporary confirmation letter, secondly because of lack of convincing supporting documents. They hate me Now's pretty much peak period so I think it'll take longer, maybe a week?

btw Knogle: I'm working in Raffles Hotel.

ReputationRep:

Anyway I got rejected twice. First because of a typo error in my temporary confirmation letter, secondly because of lack of convincing supporting documents. They hate me Now's pretty much peak period so I think it'll take longer, maybe a week?

What kind of typo error was that?! :eek:

And what do they mean by "lack of convincing supporting documents"? :confused:

Sounds dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    say alvin, could you introduce sam to this thread please?

redserene & CMS: anyone beginning to feel a little nervous about going? I just had a miiiiinor anxiety attack on saturday. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    Is this cool or what: http://www.dormasphere.com/?

I wonder how many unis offer such a service.

ReputationRep:
    val: you mean The Sam? she's probably too busy watching some colin firthed show to use the computer. i'll tell her to come the next time i see her.

i'm pretty stressed out with full time work and all that packing. also, my itinerary is so bloody complicated and my grandma wants me to clear out of my room. ok, enough grumbling, i'll spare you the details. oh oh and thanks to clearing my room, i have discovered loads of memorabilia, and nostalgy has kicked in.

knogle: no thanks from a poor student. can i decorate yours instead just to get that extra few pounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Is this cool or what: http://www.dormasphere.com/?

I wonder how many unis offer such a service.

If it's going to cost 95 quid then it's a service this poor student can do without...hahaha...

CMS: I'm willing to do the deco AND wash the windows on weekends :P:

ReputationRep:

The visa centre in KL was staffed by mainly indians...while I don't mean to sound at all racist, I had a HARD time trying to interpret what they were saying through some HEAVY accents...'in my mind' somehow became 'marmite' and for some reason, I actually wrote it down as one of the items to bring...sigh...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.