Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find it hilarious how the bits I got wrong were the mechanics and ant static spray and that :lol:

65 absolute minimum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I find it hilarious how the bits I got wrong were the mechanics and ant static spray and that :lol:

65 absolute minimum?
    For an A* out of 85? Possibly lower I'd say

How come people have been predicting 55-55 for an A* on the chemistry exam but now it's 65? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    For an A* out of 85? Possibly lower I'd say

How come people have been predicting 55-55 for an A* on the chemistry exam but now it's 65? :confused:
    No, my marks

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    If i said that scientists would be less likely to believe it as it was a "secret" would that count??i also said it was relatively new so scientists wont straighy away believe it as it doesnt have scientific evidence!
    This is the question about fussion

ReputationRep:
    No, my marks
    Ah okay. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Also what was the component in the box??:s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote diode :lol: my explanation was crap and didnt make sense though...

ReputationRep:
    I wrote diode :lol: my explanation was crap and didnt make sense though...
    Yeah i also wrote diode but i then completely guessed the explanation!do u think we'll get at least a mark for diode??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i also wrote diode but i then completely guessed the explanation!do u think we'll get at least a mark for diode??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said something about only allowing current onr way?:dontknow:

No idea hopefully

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that question! I said thermistor because (something along the lines of) increasing the voltage increases the current which increases the temperature and therefore decreases the thermistor's resistance so the current increases more rapidly... :lol: I don't think I rambled that much in the actual answer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that question! I said thermistor because (something along the lines of) increasing the voltage increases the current which increases the temperature and therefore decreases the thermistor's resistance so the current increases more rapidly... :lol: I don't think I rambled that much in the actual answer though
    It was diode because it only had positive current and voltage on the graph and diodes only allow current to flow in one direction. Also the graph didn't start at 0 but a little bit further to the right, this is because diodes need a certain voltage to start working. At least that's what I put

ReputationRep:
    I put diode as well but because it asked you to mention resistance, I wrote the diode has a lower amount of resistance in the forward direction and greater resistance in the backward direction which means current can flow more easily in only one direction (the forwards direction)...

ReputationRep:
    Alsso how many marks was the bridge circuit question for both parts??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alsso how many marks was the bridge circuit question for both parts??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Two marks

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

The one marker one capacitors....

I wrote like a paragraph and a diagram... :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

The one marker one capacitors....

I wrote like a paragraph and a diagram... :unimpressed:
    I thought it was two marks :confused:

But yeah I did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    It was diode because it only had positive current and voltage on the graph and diodes only allow current to flow in one direction. Also the graph didn't start at 0 but a little bit further to the right, this is because diodes need a certain voltage to start working. At least that's what I put
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    I put diode as well but because it asked you to mention resistance, I wrote the diode has a lower amount of resistance in the forward direction and greater resistance in the backward direction which means current can flow more easily in only one direction (the forwards direction)...
    That's another few marks lost then -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    I wrote how he was not revealing his catalyst so it could be a publicity attempt and nuclear fission could be occuring as energy is being released. I then talked about how scientists are not able to repeat and verify his findings- so pretty similar to yours
    I said Cold fussion uses low temperatures and energy input to create a high amount of energy. Nuclear fusion requires a hight temperature and pressure as seen in stars, so this could make scientst question his work. The energy input seems very low to make a high output so this could also make scientists question his work

How dis everyone find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloBrown98)
    I said Cold fussion uses low temperatures and energy input to create a high amount of energy. Nuclear fusion requires a hight temperature and pressure as seen in stars, so this could make scientst question his work. The energy input seems very low to make a high output so this could also make scientists question his work

How dis everyone find the paper?
    You didn't mention the catalyst :P But that seems like you should get full marks
    That said...maybe those could be classed as 1 point? Not sure though :/

How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the critical angle one where you had to pick one from the table, I said hlass (acrylic). Also for the transformera I just wrote how transformers work and hat the secondary coil has less turns, what do u think id get out of 6? And for the crossword, I did the other three and I knew that the missing one day was temperature but I didnt write it on the crossword but in the sentence with wrong spelling, full marks or only one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.