Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. I guess it's better than using fifa. Anyone who uses fifa stats should not even have an opinion on football. How varane is 60 for pace in that game...
    Worse is when they lowered Ramos pace when they moved him to CB because playing in a different position makes you slower. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Worse is when they lowered Ramos pace when they moved him to CB because playing in a different position makes you slower. :rolleyes:
    Lol told my brother this. Or the fact that bar thiago silva and ogbonna the only good defenders with serious pace are those who've played at RB/LB like chiellini and ramos.

(Original post by CB91)
    Don't worry, he'll be the next ridiculous defender on the next game. FIFA always massively overrates or underrates the best youngsters. He'll probably be something like 81 with 90ish Acc/Pace/Strength tbh.
    Or the fact pogba has absolutely **** passing in the game. FIFA is nonsense when it comes to accurately rating players, reckon varane'll be 82/83 which is ridiculous for his age :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What I don't get is why they automatically assume that all goal keepers can't play football to save their lives their touches are ****, they have no pace and can't dribble for **** :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Must admit I really fancy us to get 3 points tomorrow. Conditions are pretty damn good for it.

ReputationRep:
    Friends at Manor house are claiming that jovetic is a done deal.

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic looks likely - hopefully he'll improve us on the striking front but i'm still not too sure as he's mainly a secondary striker. However this is arsenal who he would suit well so it could work well.

Draxler is a player I was getting excited about (I don't know why as it was just a rumour and other big clubs were in for him), then heard that dortmund are getting him to replace gotze. But it's also flying around that they have now signed De bruyne from chelsea who's been great for werder bremen this season so we could still get draxler :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Jovetic looks likely - hopefully he'll improve us on the striking front but i'm still not too sure as he's mainly a secondary striker. However this is arsenal who he would suit well so it could work well.

Draxler is a player I was getting excited about (I don't know why as it was just a rumour and other big clubs were in for him), then heard that dortmund are getting him to replace gotze. But it's also flying around that they have now signed De bruyne from chelsea who's been great for werder bremen this season so we could still get draxler :moon:
    I can tell you now Draxler will never go to Dortmund. The Ruhr rivalry is so intense. Schalke will never sell to Dortmund no matter the price, they'd rather take a reduced price for him to make sure other German teams don't profit. It would be like Jack Wilshere joining Spurs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I can tell you now Draxler will never go to Dortmund. The Ruhr rivalry is so intense. Schalke will never sell to Dortmund no matter the price, they'd rather take a reduced price for him to make sure other German teams don't profit. It would be like Jack Wilshere joining Spurs
    Oh i didn't know too much about the rivalry

ReputationRep:
    I'm still hoping we get Gonalons to replace Arteta. Would add some serious height to our team as well as strengthening our spine. He's also a natural leader, something that we seriously lack. Obviously we have a good relationship with Garde so hopefully he'll be willing to sell, but ultimately it will come down to Aulas who is a tough negotiator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I'm still hoping we get Gonalons to replace Arteta. Would add some serious height to our team as well as strengthening our spine. He's also a natural leader, something that we seriously lack. Obviously we have a good relationship with Garde so hopefully he'll be willing to sell, but ultimately it will come down to Aulas who is a tough negotiator.
    Aulas is a hard nut to crack. Remember how hard it was for Madrid to actually sign Benzema in the end!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wigan in the lead, 2-1 Don't think they'll hold out for a win, but a draw would be brilliant too.

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope wigan can keep this score, I hope we win tomorrow ladsssssssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    everyone has their price and shalke is broke, the reason why he wont go dortmund is because he will get a maximum of 45k (in euros) a week

Martinez must be on our pay roll

ReputationRep:
    If Spurs lose this game it'll give the players even more motivation to beat United tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Sport)
    24 - As it stands, Tottenham have lost 24 points from winning positions this season, second most behind Southampton. Slips.
    wow oh wow, the spuds love a crumble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    everyone has their price and shalke is broke, the reason why he wont go dortmund is because he will get a maximum of 45k (in euros) a week
    Schalke are going to get CL football probably and definitely would not want to sell to Dortmund so I'd be surprised.

I think he'd be a pretty decent transfer for us, but again he's not quite top top quality so unlikely to take us to a title or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Schalke are going to get CL football probably and definitely would not want to sell to Dortmund so I'd be surprised.

I think he'd be a pretty decent transfer for us, but again he's not quite top top quality so unlikely to take us to a title or anything.
    yeh but he would still be one of our best players if he joined us, so not too fussed about him being top top quality considering other than cazorla and wilshire non of our players can even be consider great. He will become an even better player considering hes just 19 but I would be surprised if he joined us. I think we need to get rid of a lot of players first before making signings because we dont want a situation where we buy 4 big earners and andre santos does not want to leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

It's pretty close in the bundesliga for the champions league spot so schalke could lose it

No title winning transfer is going to come to us. He's great at the moment and can only get better in a position where we depth is needed as he would probably be the man that replaces rosicky. If we get him a great striker and dm then top two is ours for the taking IMO!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ahh ffs wigan you useless bunch, world class player like boyce should not be doing that

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.