Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Dw, not just you i think they're basically starting with highest GCSE's and people who are applying after a gap year. Soon it'll be our turn just don't lose hope
    I know, I thought I had pretty good GCSEs though!
    I think I'll relax when I've just had one interview- I want to know I have a chance of going to uni!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmalou)
    I know, I thought I had pretty good GCSEs though!
    I think I'll relax when I've just had one interview- I want to know I have a chance of going to uni!!
    I'm sure we'll hear back before new year- the wait is long but we can't do much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Does anyone have any idea what order they're giving out interviews? I only have 9A*s so i thought maybe it was highest GCSEs first but people with less/the same have started getting interviews I know i should be patient but as re-applicant its hard not to worry! any ideas?
    It looks like highest number of A*s first with a ukcat cut off in the order applications were received. The last batch seem to have put in late applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate_pies)
    It looks like highest number of A*s first with a ukcat cut off in the order applications were received. The last batch seem to have put in late applications.
    Yeah that would make sense.. i guess i'll be waiting till after Christmas then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    Yay for reapplicants! Are you doing anything exciting this year? Ahh cool...lol hull is apparently the uk city of culture. I applied to Newcastle, Durham and Birmingham as well Got to say I'm not looking forward to the essay thing kings are making us do before the interview 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WOO!
    Just working as a HCA, volunteering at a primary school and singing and piano lessons and having a life in my spare time. Got a trip to Europe planned next year - backpacking with two of my best friends! What've you got planned for your gap year?
    Oh so quite northern-y unis! (I'm as far down south as you can go so anything above London is north for me haha!)
    Omg I saw that after all the giddy happiness and then it hit me that I'm going to have to prepare really hard for this! Stupid essays!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    WOO!
    Just working as a HCA, volunteering at a primary school and singing and piano lessons and having a life in my spare time. Got a trip to Europe planned next year - backpacking with two of my best friends! What've you got planned for your gap year?
    Oh so quite northern-y unis! (I'm as far down south as you can go so anything above London is north for me haha!)
    Omg I saw that after all the giddy happiness and then it hit me that I'm going to have to prepare really hard for this! Stupid essays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Backpacking sounds amazing! I'm volunteering at a medical museum (lol I basically just do arts and crafts with kids) and I start soon at a care home, part of a programme where I run campaigns about issues affecting young people and then I do a little bit of tutoring. Good for you getting a HCA job, must be such hard work. I'm so hopelessly unemployed...genuinely failed the online assessment to work at Gregg's I'm going to try getting temp work in offices...I want to go to Spain!
    Birmingham isn't north! Haha I'm from Yorkshire so I'm a little wary of the south lol.
    Ooh I wish I could sing, because I love to act but I can never be in musicals *sigh* unless there's one about dying cats...
    I know right! And we only have 15 mins to write an essay?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys plz answer. I am anceuropean applicant with no gcses, ukcat 732.5 and iB 45/45 predoctions. What are my chances? How does kings assess people with gcses? Plz Plz answr i am really anxious!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    WOO!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on your interview :-) I just wanted to ask, have they given you like an extra-curricular form you need to fill out, with the contact details of your work experience etc required?

Also, what is this essay thing, are they making people right essays this year?

ReputationRep:
    What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.
    Thanks for that :-)

Also, did you get any sort of forms you have to fill out? Like extra-curricular/work experience reference contacts?

ReputationRep:

Is this new for this year? esp the essay writing, and 15 mins to write an essay? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Thanks for that :-)

Also, did you get any sort of forms you have to fill out? Like extra-curricular/work experience reference contacts?
    Nope, nothing of that sort.
    Got a criminal record disclosure form though.
    There's an interview letter pdf which doesn't open/ opens a blank pdf.

Every time i click submit to accept the invite to interview it doesn't submit either-.-

(Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Is this new for this year? esp the essay writing, and 15 mins to write an essay? :shock:
    Yeah, it's for this cycle :L

ReputationRep:

hey have you already got an interview? I thought it was an ethical article and a questionnaire(with several basic questions)? are you sure its an essay? btw where did you get this information from?

ReputationRep:
    Kings has started interviewing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Does anyone have any idea what order they're giving out interviews? I only have 9A*s so i thought maybe it was highest GCSEs first but people with less/the same have started getting interviews I know i should be patient but as re-applicant its hard not to worry! any ideas?
    I reckon they're ranking the ukcats and giving out interviews using those and maybe considering gcses too...everyone I know with a kings interview soo far has above 800 or very high 700s in their ukcat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Kings has started interviewing :eek:
    lol they started nearly 2 weeks ago! :P

ReputationRep:

Sorry, this may have been asked before but I've just joined this thread - do you know if this is the same for GEM or are you just referring to school leavers?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    lol they started nearly 2 weeks ago! :P

For first-time, post-grad applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    For first-time, post-grad applicants?
    undergraduates...7 people in my college have kings interviews but they all have ukcats above 800!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing of that sort.
    Got a criminal record disclosure form though.
    There's an interview letter pdf which doesn't open/ opens a blank pdf.

Every time i click submit to accept the invite to interview it doesn't submit either-.-

Yeah, it's for this cycle :L
    Ewwwww

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.