Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)

Fancy snatching Rhys McCabe off Portsmouth via loan for us? You fixed Maguire for us.
    We have signed more players on loan this season than go to our games at Sixfields, I don't see what harm another random guy will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He didn't do badly in his first season at West Ham from what I remember. They even managed to finish above Manchester City who'd started to throw money around that season.

Can't believe how low Portsmouth are in League Two as well. 5 years ago they were the FA Cup holders and playing AC Milan in Europe, now they could be relegated to non league football. Shocking what's gone on at that football club.
    It's what happens when the footballing authorities in a country turn a total blind eye to how their clubs are run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Kasper :love:

Really poor tbh - absolutely dominated (near 70% possession and 29 shots) but we need to be far more clinical. A last minute header from the keeper should not be needed when the match is that imbalanced.
    A curse upon Kasper Schmeichel.

Yeovil have dropped 6 points from winning positions in the last 5-10 minutes in 3 games, infuriating. I wouldn't mind if we just got beaten, its the hope that kills you.

ReputationRep:
    Also Leeds looking in big trouble with the potential for unpaid wages this week. That Italian fraudster looked like the last chance saloon as the Leeds fan on here was saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Also Leeds looking in big trouble with the potential for unpaid wages this week. That Italian fraudster looked like the last chance saloon as the Leeds fan on here was saying.
    It's certainly not looking good. Their is a dispute about who should pay the wage bill, current owners GFH insist Cellino should pay the wage bill for March, whilst Cellino is reluctant to pay for a club he doesn't actually own. It's unlikely that Leeds will be able to pay their staff or creditors by the end of the week. If we go into administration, we'll be docked 10 points and placed right in the relegation battle.

If only I was a multi-millionaire...

I don't understand why anyone supports England.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, Watford have snapped up Albert Riera, ex-Liverpool winger, until the end of the year. Can only presume its to try him out for next year as our season's all but over now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I honestly don't get football fans sometimes. Seeing a lot of criticism for Chris Wood on our forums for not being a good target man despite being 6'3" tall. Never mind that he's a tidy finisher, it seems that they see height and immediately expect nothing less than winning headers and being someone to hoof it to. No wonder England are so poor if the nation is still stuck in the "tall people have to win headers, not be finishers" mindset. I swear no other country looks at taller strikers as just being points to hoof at.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Madine loaned back to Carlisle. Makes sense really as he wasn't going to get much game time here and really needs to prove something if he wants to come back next season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bwaahahahahahaahaha http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ham-forest-job

The Forest circus gets better and better. Makes you wonder how bad Fawaz actually is if a forest legend who's been out of work for 2 years isn't interested in returning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Bwaahahahahahaahaha http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ham-forest-job

The Forest circus gets better and better. Makes you wonder how bad Fawaz actually is if a forest legend who's been out of work for 2 years isn't interested in returning.
    I imagine thats Zolas job now then. Mackay is probably holding out for the Norwich job I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    We have signed more players on loan this season than go to our games at Sixfields, I don't see what harm another random guy will do.
    Oi I said sign Rhys McCabe on Loan not David Prutton :lol: He's not a bad player really so should be okay for you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Gary Madine loaned back to Carlisle. Makes sense really as he wasn't going to get much game time here and really needs to prove something if he wants to come back next season.
    I swear he was in prison? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I swear he was in prison? :lolwut:
    The big word is WAS it was a short sentence really. Club suspended pay but kept him on the books rather than ripping up his contract. He's been out like a month?

ReputationRep:
    Oi I said sign Rhys McCabe on Loan not David Prutton :lol: He's not a bad player really so should be okay for you
    He and the other bloke we signed from Huddersfield yesterday have been signed for the quite obvious purpose of their physicality and experience which has been sorely missing of late. God knows how many loans that makes it for us this season...

ReputationRep:
    He and the other bloke we signed from Huddersfield yesterday have been signed for the quite obvious purpose of their physicality and experience which has been sorely missing of late. God knows how many loans that makes it for us this season...
    Indeed he isn't a technical player but rather a dog who runs all over and clatters people. Saying that the few goals he did score for us were amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed he isn't a technical player but rather a dog who runs all over and clatters people. Saying that the few goals he did score for us were amazing.
    I expect he will go straight into the crunch game at Crewe on Saturday. God how embarrassing it is to say that.

ReputationRep:
    From memory wasn't he the one who got banned while at Southampton for doing something to a referee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    From memory wasn't he the one who got banned while at Southampton for doing something to a referee?
    He did go just a bit mental down there. Also, what the hell has Leon Clarke been doing, just one goal for Wolves since his dingle defection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Yeah apparently, a ten match ban or something?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.