Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Feeling pretty good.
    I'm glad to hear it- hope that translates in your paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatgirlag)
    I'm glad to hear it- hope that translates in your paper!
    Haha thanks . I just hope there's 1 good question I can do. Cause June 2013 it was either a) was good or b) was good but not both XD. Case study I really don't know XD.

ReputationRep:
    What are the free market approaches and interventionist strategies? I dont get them.
    Even the IMF and IRBD

ReputationRep:
    anyone? Evaluation points for limits to economic growth and development?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livaren)
    How have TNCs helped cause globalisation?
    They create trade flows between countries, they spread culture (Americanisation), FDI

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate primary product dependency with Botswana where diamonds have yielded funds for development and Bolivia where lithium is in high demand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danieltowes)
    anyone? Evaluation points for limits to economic growth and development?
    Primary product dependency - Ev: Some countries have developed as a result of PPD, e.g. Botswana and diamonds.

Debt - Ev: Debt cancellation (HIPC)

Low terms of trade for commodities- Ev: Manufactured goods are becoming cheaper whereas commodity prices are rising due to over population.

ReputationRep:
    What are the free market approaches and interventionist strategies? I dont get them.
    Even the IMF and IRBD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Haha thanks . I just hope there's 1 good question I can do. Cause June 2013 it was either a) was good or b) was good but not both XD. Case study I really don't know XD.
    Yeah hopefully we'll find all parts great!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am going to call it a day now. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be sitting the exam in the morning due to a clash so uh, a huge good luck to all of you guys!! Honestly cannot thank you guys enough, all your posts have helped sooooooo much. A*'s all around I hope

ReputationRep:
    benefits of protectionism?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Post the questions on here if you finish before 1.30

ReputationRep:
    Guys can you mention some very poor regions of the UK, where poverty is high... and also please compare the income of that region with the most developed region's average incom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blah1235609)
    Evaluate primary product dependency with Botswana where diamonds have yielded funds for development and Bolivia where lithium is in high demand
    Use the Prebisch-Singer hypothesis

ReputationRep:
    If the question says with reference to a country of your choice, can you reference more than one country? Also if it doesn't mention that you have to reference a country do you think marks will be capped significantly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlYasmin)
    If the question says with reference to a country of your choice, can you reference more than one country? Also if it doesn't mention that you have to reference a country do you think marks will be capped significantly?
    Don't see why not but the question does seem to ask you about one country somtry and stick to this! I think they like at least one example. An example essay I read which got 18/20 mentioned China and India and the examiner said they could have expanded a little. I am so scared about country specific questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlYasmin)
    I think it's better to reference more than one country for the country specific questions. If you don't reference a country marks are capped to 14/20. On other questions which don't specifically tell you to reference a country you don't have but I think it's still worthwhile doing so..do you still get 2 AP marks for essays or is that just for data response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ehawks)
    Don't see why not but the question does seem to ask you about one country somtry and stick to this! I think they like at least one example. An example essay I read which got 18/20 mentioned China and India and the examiner said they could have expanded a little. I am so scared about country specific questions!
    They ask for specific countries? I thought it was any developing country of your choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashdf)
    I think it's better to reference more than one country for the country specific questions. If you don't reference a country marks are capped to 14/20. On other questions which don't specifically tell you to reference a country you don't have but I think it's still worthwhile doing so..do you still get 2 AP marks for essays or is that just for data response?
    Oh okay thanks! I think AP marks are specifically for data response because essays they mark according to which level band you fall into if that makes sense.. but application in essays does get marks just not sure how many

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.