Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Economics: Unit 3 Business Economics and Economic Efficiency (June 2014) EC03 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    You don't trust me?
    The question refers on how they could react. One way of reacting is to use limit pricing to prevent further firms from entering. This question has been asked before and limit pricing was correctly included in mark schemes.
    Haha i do! I just wanted to know your logic behind it. I see, that's great then! So if i wrote limit pricing, predatory pricing, collusion and advertising and evaluated three of them other than limit pricing. How much do you think i could get on 16?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    Haha i do! I just wanted to know your logic behind it. I see, that's great then! So if i wrote limit pricing, predatory pricing, collusion and advertising and evaluated three of them other than limit pricing. How much do you think i could get on 16?
    You are asking an impossible question to answer without me seeing your script. From what you said you should get 4 marks for the 4 strategies. Analysis of those and evaluation depends on how good your development is. Usual mistakes I notice is students writing a lot of application but not enough economic analysis (e.g no reference to p<avc or p<ac for predatory pricing, brand loyalty/AR inelastic with non-pricing strategies)

ReputationRep:
    You are asking an impossible question to answer without me seeing your script. From what you said you should get 4 marks for the 4 strategies. Analysis of those and evaluation depends on how good your development is. Usual mistakes I notice is students writing a lot of application but not enough economic analysis (e.g no reference to p<avc or p<ac for predatory pricing, brand loyalty/AR inelastic with non-pricing strategies)
    Oh right. But do you think three decently developed evaluation would be sufficient or do you require 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    Oh right. But do you think three decently developed evaluation would be sufficient or do you require 4?
    It depends on how well developed your points are. Very difficult to get 3 marks for a point unless you used a pay off matrix for collusion and diagrams for limit/predatory pricing

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how well developed your points are. Very difficult to get 3 marks for a point unless you used a pay off matrix for collusion and diagrams for limit/predatory pricing
    Damn! I read on the Unit 4 thread that you used to do some marking right? So any help on this question would be really appreciated. Suppose i ticked both boxes for questions 9 and 10 but i only did one question of 10 whereas i did the whole of question 9, would they still mark question 9? I forgot to cross out the box in question 10! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Does anybody know how much would a diagram in question c) worth, if it is a 12 mark question and it asks to describe 2 points only. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrey Matytsyn)
    Hello,
    Does anybody know how much would a diagram in question c) worth, if it is a 12 mark question and it asks to describe 2 points only. Thanks
    If a question explicitly ask for a diagram then it is worth only 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Boundaries are out, slightly higher than last year on all boundaries other than A*, 64 - A*, 58 - A, 52 - B.
    Link - http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/conten...Boundaries.pdf Not sure about how authentic these are but the maths ones are official so I assume the same for the rest, got them from here.

ReputationRep:
    How likely are remarks to go up? My grades for each unit in Eco are:
    Unit 1 - 99/100
    Unit 2 - 97/100
    Unit 3 - 55/80
    Unit 4 - 120/120
    Which amounted to an A,5 UMS off an A*. I don't recall a sense of having screwed up after the exam, and since it's quite anomalous, I'm hoping there's been some error somewhere. What's everyone's opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwaynejohnson)
    Unit 1 - 99/100
    Unit 2 - 97/100
    Unit 3 - 55/80
    Unit 4 - 120/120
    Which amounted to an A,5 UMS off an A*. I don't recall a sense of having screwed up after the exam, and since it's quite anomalous, I'm hoping there's been some error somewhere. What's everyone's opinion?
    If it is to do with meeting an offer then you should be discussing it with your teacher/tutor. Marks could go up or down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwaynejohnson)
    Unit 1 - 99/100
    Unit 2 - 97/100
    Unit 3 - 55/80
    Unit 4 - 120/120
    An A* is just an A overall and an average of over 90 in the A2 modules isnt it? I got an A overall 111 UMS in unit 4 and 64 in unit 3, im also thinking of getting unit 3 remarked not sure I'll gain the extra 5 ums though? Worth a try not much to lose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.