Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Thursday the 10th - staying for about 4 days to sketch, in case i dont get to study there next year=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    There will be loads of people around, term finishes next Friday. What time are your interviews at/are you staying overnight?

I have an interview on wednesday morning, and then tests in the afternoon. Am staying that night, then another interview on thursday.....
    What will we be doing in the evening? (I am guessing i am not the only one who will be staying....) Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just phoned them... they said I should phone them again on monday morning.

does anyone know whether they've started giving out offers for sps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallopingsnail)
    I have an interview on wednesday morning, and then tests in the afternoon. Am staying that night, then another interview on thursday.....
    What will we be doing in the evening? (I am guessing i am not the only one who will be staying....) Thanks
    Im there on wednesday afternoon, maybe ill see you around=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallopingsnail)
    I'd be guessing you're not the only one staying overnight. Errrm there'll be stuff going on in the JCR, where you can play games/watch tv in the evening. I'll try and make sure someone is around until I finish my crew pasta (am coxing in a race on Thursday so my crew are carb loading) then I'll pop down. Wednesday is when practically everyone's lectures finish, and is one of the festive hall days, so college should be pretty lively!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've applied to johns for medicine and I haven't heard anything yet. Do they work over the weekend?
    Would it be worth phoning on monday or should I just keep waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to St John's for Philosophy. Any fellow philosophy applicants around?

The delay with the interview notifications is quite problematic for me. I emailed to ask about my situation because I'm an international student, and they told me that I would be offered an interview on the 10th, staying overnight the 9th (although I don't know if that means that they need me to be there the 9th in the morning, or what). They also told me that they would email me the official times in the coming days... only they haven't still. And my dad's getting really antsy about it because we're in Japan and we have to book a flight from here, then figure out whether I'll have to rejoin my family in Laos or in Thailand.

By the way, do you guys know how many days they can accommodate you? Because if it's only one night I should probably start checking out hotels in Cambridge.

Hope you all do great in your interviews!

ReputationRep:
    if they ask "why st. john's" in the interview what kind of things are people going to be mentioning. for me, it was mainly the serene atmosphere on the open day, the central location and its reputation for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    if they ask "why st. john's" in the interview what kind of things are people going to be mentioning. for me, it was mainly the serene atmosphere on the open day, the central location and its reputation for medicine
    Then say that.
    Why else would you choose a college other than your experiences of it?

ReputationRep:
    My economics interview is on 9th and I will leave home on the 8th. However, I have not yet got the Article for the interview. Can Kaiser_Mole or anybody tell me what should I do or what number should I call. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for french and spanish ab initio on the 9th
    i don't really no wat im gna say bout the college, i just sort of went for it lol!

ReputationRep:
    also, does it matter if they've given you accomodation but you don't take it? dnt wna give a bad impression but i need to be at school the next day!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, when would the article be sent to applicants?

ReputationRep:
    My article arrived today, via e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerpartysystem)
    Mine too

ReputationRep:
    I still havent heard

they said they'd start sending out interview notifications for sps today at lunch time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    They are not allowed to ask that anymore due to open apps ec. so they wont ask you that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerpartysystem)
    Mine too.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I (finally!!) got my official invitation and I was just wondering how are we supposed to send the confirmation slip back to them? If I mail it to them chances are that I'm going to get there before the paper ever will. Could I maybe fax it to them, or simply scan it and email it?

Another question, for you who have to give an admissions test: did your invitation mails or emails actually say "admissions test" somewhere? Because mine just detailed the date (Dec 10) three different times (9 AM; 9:35 AM and 1 PM) and then the names of my interviewers besides their corresponding times. The 1 PM event didn't have any interviewer's name besides it, so maybe that's my test, but it doesn't say so, and that's a bit confusing.
    Also doesn't the test supposedly come before the interviews?

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Why not fax + mail. I would guess the 1 PM is the test because the interviews I got are also within 30 minutes.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.